Bellator General Discussion and Info

Moderator: lilfishi22

spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,749

Re: Bellator General Discussion and Info 

Post#1661 » by spykelee » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:09 am

Not even competitive. Rory was badly outclassed. Great job by GM. He looked tremendous
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Post#1662 » by Susan » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:11 am

Gegard Bader lets gooooo
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#1663 » by REDDzone » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:11 am

The good news for Rory is that he's an absolute nightmare stylistically for Fitch.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#1664 » by Bernman » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:13 am

That was predictable. Bad idea by Rory. He had no clear avenue to victory. I'd have been more interested to see Lima v. Mousasi in the future, if the Phenom can get by Rory the 2nd time by just making better tactical choices. Lima has the kicking advantage, power to put even Mousasi out with punches, and he has a better defensive guard than Rory. That's a hypothetically intriguing fight for the near future. This was not intriguing, when you thought about it a bit. Just two big names and really good fighters going at it for a hot minute.

In the meantime, I think they just do the Lovato fight. Bader wouldn't be ready either, unless he loses to Meathead and it's not too damaging. Lovato has a couple potential paths to victory. He poses some danger with his kicking game. And he's as high level as it gets on the ground in mma. But Mousasi's up there as well, and I figure he probably would win between that competitiveness, controlling where the fight takes place, and his straights.

Of course there's Machida part two. Gegard could get that loss off his record. Gotta get thru Carvalho first at the next DAZN though. That card is shaping up well also.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
Susan
RealGM

Post#1665 » by Susan » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:15 am

PICO GEGARD LETS GOOOOOOOOOO
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1666 » by REDDzone » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:18 am

Pretty sure Rory tapped too. Brutal. Can't imagine how terrifying it would be to be in a guys crushing mount like that while he rains down heavy shots on you.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,739

Post#1667 » by Prez » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:20 am

Moose is incredible and I'm salty we won't see Whittaker/Moose.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#1668 » by Nemesis21 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:39 am

Read on Twitter

:)
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,459

Post#1669 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:08 pm

Pico is a crazy athlete but I don't think that type of boxing - pressure, closing the distance, power combos - is good for MMA. He is going to get KTFOd himself fairly often. And he almost did. Higo hit him with a clean 3-2 about one minute in, turned his chin with both punches. You simply can't count on your guard in 4 oz gloves, you have to be moving in & out of the pocket, relying on your feet, changing levels, and using your jab.

Also, God damnit, once again Big Jon trying to make it about himself. That was a totally legit time of stoppage. But Big Jon had to feign all sorts of outrage. Didn't really have anything to say after the replay, though.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#1670 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:42 pm

REDDzone wrote:Pretty sure Rory tapped too. Brutal. Can't imagine how terrifying it would be to be in a guys crushing mount like that while he rains down heavy shots on you.

He definitely did. That's twice he's submitted to strikes.

This guy talks like he's in it for some intense spiritual element. That's how he talks and brands himself - like he wants to live in the abyss and see death. And why he kills animals with spears and blades in the B.C. interior. But dude doesn't really want all that.

Also, WTF was his team's plan? Some hail Mary breakdancer take down? His coach in the corner mentioned trying to counter over the top of Gegard's jab. Puhlease. He is a front foot fighter against a guy with 20 pounds and the best jab in the sport. Don't let him take the fight. That was ridiculous.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#1671 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:44 pm

Made some cash doing 2x parlays: Rampage + Pico, Rampage + Gegard.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1672 » by REDDzone » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:46 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:
REDDzone wrote:Pretty sure Rory tapped too. Brutal. Can't imagine how terrifying it would be to be in a guys crushing mount like that while he rains down heavy shots on you.

He definitely did. That's twice he's submitted to strikes.

This guy talks like he's in it for some intense spiritual element. That's how he talks and brands himself - like he wants to live in the abyss and see death. And why he kills animals with spears and blades in the B.C. interior. But dude doesn't really want all that.

Also, WTF was his team's plan? Some hail Mary breakdancer take down? His coach in the corner mentioned trying to counter over the top of Gegard's jab. Puhlease. He is a front foot fighter against a guy with 20 pounds and the best jab in the sport. Don't let him take the fight. That was ridiculous.
Uh oh, trouble in para-firas?

(K that was bad)
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1673 » by REDDzone » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:48 pm

I knew Rory was in trouble, but after hearing the interview beforehand where he was like yeah gegard is bigger and stronger and longer and just as good technically, but I'm confident I will dominate this fight! I was like uh oh Rory is f*cked, he probably believes he has a stronger spirit or something.
Susan
RealGM

Post#1674 » by Susan » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:49 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:Pico is a crazy athlete but I don't think that type of boxing - pressure, closing the distance, power combos - is good for MMA. He is going to get KTFOd himself fairly often. And he almost did. Higo hit him with a clean 3-2 about one minute in, turned his chin with both punches. You simply can't count on your guard in 4 oz gloves, you have to be moving in & out of the pocket, relying on your feet, changing levels, and using your jab.

Also, God damnit, once again Big Jon trying to make it about himself. That was a totally legit time of stoppage. But Big Jon had to feign all sorts of outrage. Didn't really have anything to say after the replay, though.

Pico will never lose.
Susan
RealGM

Post#1675 » by Susan » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:53 pm

But f'real, Pico is a Boxer-Wrestler. He doesn't do a good job (yet) of tying all that together and that's a problem.

Compare him to an uber fighter like Zabit who is way more aware of how to bring the entire game together and I dunno if I can ever see him get to that highest level.
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 7,469

Post#1676 » by NZB2323 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:04 pm

What channel is Bellator on?
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#1677 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:31 am

Fedor is looking faaaaaaaaaaaaat

But has he ever been beaten by a guy who couldn't KO him clean? It would be weird to see Fedor straight decisioned by grind, like Chael beat Wanderlei.
qm22
General Manager
And1: 1,901

Post#1678 » by qm22 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:34 am

cowboyronnie wrote:Fedor is looking faaaaaaaaaaaaat

But has he ever been beaten by a guy who couldn't KO him clean? It would be weird to see Fedor straight decisioned by grind, like Chael beat Wanderlei.

I get the impression from the open workout that he hits way harder than Chael now. I think Chael has trouble approaching and Fedor can give him a lot of damage before any wrestling ensues, and the wrestling may not be in Chael's favor at all until Fedor tires out. Fedor having a tiny gas tank is the only factor I can picture enabling Chael to win.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1679 » by REDDzone » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:58 pm

This is a fascinating fight in the sense that I have NO clue at all how it goes.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#1680 » by cowboyronnie » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:11 pm

Come on, Roy. Gets hit downed. A half second later. His hips suddenly flail off the ground and he collapses.

GD Kharitonov's power is something else. He and Boetsch have some beautiful damn uppercuts.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts