ImageImage

Will Kent Bazemore be traded?

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

pacehawk
Freshman
And1: 39

Will Kent Bazemore be traded? 

Post#1 » by pacehawk » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:22 pm

Just curious how other Hawks Fans think about Bazemore. Is he worth his salary so would you like to see the Hawks keep him or do you think his salary can be used more wisely on another player(s) so you would like to see the Hawks trade him? I guess I would at least like to see what offers they can get for him. I thought I read somewhere that with his current salary it would be very difficult to find a trade partner?
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Re: Will Kent Bazemore be traded? 

Post#2 » by jayu70 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:32 pm

He is overpaid but not dead weight like Noah and Deng. He still has on court value.
Trading him is difficult because of the tight capspace market, the number of teams close to or already paying the luxury tax. We'd more than likely end up taking back equally bad salary or two and a worse player though on a shorter deal.
I have no interest in just a straight salary dump by attaching one of our assets to him (same for Dennis).
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#3 » by King Ken » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:01 pm

pacehawk wrote:Just curious how other Hawks Fans think about Bazemore. Is he worth his salary so would you like to see the Hawks keep him or do you think his salary can be used more wisely on another player(s) so you would like to see the Hawks trade him? I guess I would at least like to see what offers they can get for him. I thought I read somewhere that with his current salary it would be very difficult to find a trade partner?

No, not enough value to get us a lightly protected 1st rounder. Too much value for taking an awful contract.
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#4 » by Spud2nique » Sun Jul 1, 2018 1:02 am

I think Baze stays from the bay connect with Schlenk and mentors some of the kids like Trae and specially Huerter. Baze gaze continues!
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,005

Post#5 » by HMFFL » Sun Jul 1, 2018 5:08 am

Spud2nique wrote:I think Baze stays from the bay connect with Schlenk and mentors some of the kids like Trae and specially Huerter. Baze gaze continues!

I believe this is accurate.
I look forward to having him around as long as he's here.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,492

Post#6 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:19 pm

Bazemore wants to be with Hawks for the rest of his career

Bazemore is now in his fifth season with the Hawks and the is longest-tenured player with the team. He found himself in a similar situation to his days with Golden State last year and this past summer when his name circulated in trade rumors. Atlanta’s front office had open communication with Bazemore’s agent about listening to interest from other teams around the league, but nothing came from those talks.

But Bazemore doesn’t want to leave the Hawks. His contract expires after next season, and he would like to remain in Atlanta when it comes time for his next deal.

“I love it here. It’s a place where I can continue to grow,” Bazemore said.
“I’ve grown immensely in the five years I’ve been here.

Atlanta is where Bazemore learned how to be a pro. Now, he’s one of the players, along with Jeremy Lin and Vince Carter, the younger Hawks turn to for advice.

When Bazemore is on the court, the Hawks are giving up 18 points fewer than when he’s off the court, according to the advanced stats site Cleaning The Glass. That number by far would be the best in Bazemore’s career. Opposing teams are also shooting an effective field goal percentage of 5.8 points worse with Bazemore on the floor.

While being on an NBA All-Defensive team is one of Bazemore’s top personal goals, his main goal is what he wants to bring Atlanta one of these days: “Win a championship.”
The Athletic
tbhawksfan1
Analyst
And1: 2,031

Post#7 » by tbhawksfan1 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:15 am

Wow! Hawks are in a 3-5 year period where they will be one of the worst teams in the NBA and people want to keep a vet because he's a nice guy? He wouldn't start on 90% of teams. Heurter should be the priority.

The last thing the Hawks need right now is for vets like Baze, Dedmon, Linn Len to add wins to a team that needs to acquire TOP talent. Rather trade above vets for some/any draft assets even taking a bad two year deal. Not trading above vets gets you 7-10 more wins and R Langford instead of RJ Barrett
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,492

Post#8 » by dms269 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:58 am

tbhawksfan1 wrote:Wow! Hawks are in a 3-5 year period where they will be one of the worst teams in the NBA and people want to keep a vet because he's a nice guy? He wouldn't start on 90% of teams. Heurter should be the priority.

The last thing the Hawks need right now is for vets like Baze, Dedmon, Linn Len to add wins to a team that needs to acquire TOP talent. Rather trade above vets for some/any draft assets even taking a bad two year deal. Not trading above vets gets you 7-10 more wins and R Langford instead of RJ Barrett

I think Baze starts on more than just 3 teams in the league.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
tbhawksfan1
Analyst

Post#9 » by tbhawksfan1 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:10 pm

OK, 4
graymule
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,421

Post#10 » by graymule » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:36 pm

:D

Yes, but not now. When some team becomes needy enough to make a trade worthwhile, then yes.

:D
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#11 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:05 pm

After a game [like] last night's, it becomes increasingly difficult to advocate trading KB24.

Not with all the inexperience we have on this team.

I wish we'd traded T Prince when his stock was at its highest at the start of the season.

Regardless, I'm onboard with letting Baze ride out his contract and help transition to the next phase of our rebuild.

NBA Daily: Trade Watch: Southeast Division

Which players could be on the move in the Southeast Division? James Blancarte goes through a list of candidates

Atlanta Hawks – Kent Bazemore

The Atlanta Hawks sit at the bottom of the Southeast Division, are only game ahead of the Cleveland Cavaliers in the Eastern Conference and have fallen well outside of the playoff picture. While prospects for this season area already bleak in mid-November there is light at the end of the tunnel in the form of rookie Trae Young. Young is showing off his dynamic skill set and is giving Hawks’ fans reason to be excited about his future. However, with a shift in focus to young prospects like Young, there is less of a need for competent veterans.

Kent Bazemore is a solid forward who can contribute on both ends of the court.
This year, his three-point shooting has been off the mark as he is a few points below his career average. Regardless, he is scoring at a career-high clip and could be a useful player for a playoff contender in need of help on the wing. Bazemore has a big annual salary ($18 million) but he is good enough that a team desperate for help on the wing could get creative and swing a deal with Atlanta. A team like the Houston Rockets could use a player like Bazemore and has a few contracts and assets that could make a deal possible.
Basketball Insiders
steady
Veteran
And1: 1,351

Post#12 » by steady » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:47 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:After a game last night, it becomes increasingly difficult to advocate trading KB24.

Not with all the inexperience we have on this team.

I wish we'd traded T Prince when his stock was at its highest at the start of the season.

Regardless, I'm onboard with letting Baze ride out his contract and help transition to the next phase of our rebuild.

NBA Daily: Trade Watch: Southeast Division

Which players could be on the move in the Southeast Division? James Blancarte goes through a list of candidates

Atlanta Hawks – Kent Bazemore

The Atlanta Hawks sit at the bottom of the Southeast Division, are only game ahead of the Cleveland Cavaliers in the Eastern Conference and have fallen well outside of the playoff picture. While prospects for this season area already bleak in mid-November there is light at the end of the tunnel in the form of rookie Trae Young. Young is showing off his dynamic skill set and is giving Hawks’ fans reason to be excited about his future. However, with a shift in focus to young prospects like Young, there is less of a need for competent veterans.

Kent Bazemore is a solid forward who can contribute on both ends of the court.
This year, his three-point shooting has been off the mark as he is a few points below his career average. Regardless, he is scoring at a career-high clip and could be a useful player for a playoff contender in need of help on the wing. Bazemore has a big annual salary ($18 million) but he is good enough that a team desperate for help on the wing could get creative and swing a deal with Atlanta. A team like the Houston Rockets could use a player like Bazemore and has a few contracts and assets that could make a deal possible.
Basketball Insiders

Or at least to ride it out this year and then possibly trade as expiring next year.

... but it will be interesting because his skills are definitely needed by several teams, and there will be trade offers I am sure for Schlenk to consider
Sothron
Head Coach
And1: 3,262

Post#13 » by Sothron » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:55 pm

With Hawksquawk being down again it seems....yes, I do think he will be traded. I don't think we should unless we get a great deal for him. You need some quality veterans to start on a rebuilding team.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,005

Post#14 » by HMFFL » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:56 pm

I doubt teams intend on giving up much value for Baze. We'll keep him unless we receive an offer we cannot refuse.

Sent from my SM-N920P using RealGM mobile app
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#15 » by Spud2nique » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:58 am

HMFFL wrote:I doubt teams intend on giving up much value for Baze. We'll keep him unless we receive an offer we cannot refuse.

Sent from my SM-N920P using RealGM mobile app

Also we need him for the tank. I mean the last 20 games of the season where teams like the loser Suns and Bulls will be our rival tankers we need captain Baze!
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 658

Post#16 » by D21 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:33 am

tbhawksfan1 wrote:Wow! Hawks are in a 3-5 year period where they will be one of the worst teams in the NBA and people want to keep a vet because he's a nice guy? He wouldn't start on 90% of teams. Heurter should be the priority.

I already thought that sometimes, teams keep some vet to eat playing time and avoid an all rookie team allowing them to make great personal stats (even if the team is not winning) and re-singing them at the end of the rookie contract for more than they should.
At this moment, Bazemore looks more in the tank mode than winning games
Vae Victus
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,838

Post#17 » by Vae Victus » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:17 am

Baze will be traded the moment some team gets stupid and offers an expiring + SRP for him.

Hell even a plain expiring ought to do it. Hawks clear cap space for next year allowing em to do an absorb + asset type of deal and opens up more PT for Huerter/Bembry/Prince at SG.
tbhawksfan1
Analyst

Post#18 » by tbhawksfan1 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:44 pm

Nothing against Baze cept he's not that good, don't think he's good fit with Trae and he probly can bring in a draft asset.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#19 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:30 pm

tbhawksfan1 wrote:Nothing against Baze except he's not that good, don't think he's good fit with Trae...

Sacrifice? Credit to KB for making the best of a bad situation. But dude got demoted for a reason:

Read on Twitter
tbhawksfan1
Analyst

Post#20 » by tbhawksfan1 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:51 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
tbhawksfan1 wrote:Nothing against Baze except he's not that good, don't think he's good fit with Trae...

Sacrifice? Credit to KB for making the best of a bad situation. But dude got demoted for a reason:

Read on Twitter

:) Baze is a good guy

Return to Atlanta Hawks