Set the TROLLEY CAR on FIRE
24%

Total votes: 58

Pythagoras
Sixth Man
And1: 1,049

Re: FIRE MAGIC: Something Rotten in the State of Lakerland 

Post#141 » by Pythagoras » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:03 am

Man, I’m starting to think Magic is Isiah Thomas with the Knicks level bad as a GM. I knew he had a crappy offseason outside of LeBron. I didn’t even anticipate it being THIS crappy.
Numbers rule the universe.
Image Image
Pointgod
General Manager
And1: 7,430

Post#142 » by Pointgod » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:50 pm

This article is a very fair criticism of Magic. Even if I disagree with some parts it’s not the hyperbolic bull that gets posted on here.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/lakers-left-one-big-does-193506871.html

I see failing to trade for Paul George, drafting Lonzo and letting Randle walk for nothing as the biggest black marks on his job.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 4,319

Post#143 » by Danny Darko » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:33 pm

Pointgod wrote:This article is a very fair criticism of Magic. Even if I disagree with some parts it’s not the hyperbolic bull that gets posted on here.

I see failing to trade for Paul George, drafting Lonzo and letting Randle walk for nothing as the biggest black marks on his job.

Right now i'm going to add trading Zu for straight trash.
Landsberger
Head Coach
And1: 1,299

Post#144 » by Landsberger » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:47 pm

Danny Darko wrote:
Pointgod wrote:This article is a very fair criticism of Magic. Even if I disagree with some parts it’s not the hyperbolic bull that gets posted on here.

If we really did offer the entire core plus picks for Davis then that takes the cake by far. We traded far less value for Kareem who was a multi-time MVP and Champion at the time. By agreeing to the rumored deal that Bron's people were rumored to be brokering that tells all of the youth that they mean squat to the franchise. Yes Bron's group was rumored to start it but if Magic didn't push it forward we wouldn't be here IMHO.
pb-ceo
Analyst
And1: 808

Post#145 » by pb-ceo » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:10 pm

i am with you guys on magic bringing in lebron. i think the timing was all wrong and it did not match your group of assets. one more year of tanking would have given you an very nice core. but no owner or gm could resist the siren song of LBJ telling you he wants to come to your franchise. even at 34. I think LBJ next contract is going to be the albatross for whichever team signs on to it.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 7,170

Post#146 » by Kilroy » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:03 pm

Landsberger wrote:
Danny Darko wrote:

If we really did offer the entire core plus picks for Davis then that takes the cake by far. We traded far less value for Kareem who was a multi-time MVP and Champion at the time. By agreeing to the rumored deal that Bron's people were rumored to be brokering that tells all of the youth that they mean squat to the franchise. Yes Bron's group was rumored to start it but if Magic didn't push it forward we wouldn't be here IMHO.

This comment is interesting because it implies the concept that we didn't actually offer what the media was reporting... Which I agree is a possibility... But to me that's even worse.
Because if it wasn't true, the Lakers have let the story live regardless of the damage it did to our chemistry... Basically for the sole reason that they wanted to have appeared to do everything possible to get Davis, to their fans.

So on the one hand, the included a bunch of players in a potential trade who they likely assured wouldn't be traded, when they were signed to 1yr deals over the summer, and a bunch of Kids they sold on being the future face of the Lakers legacy... OR they didn't and just let people think they did so Magic and Pelinka didn't look as bad as Mitch and Jim to their fans...

It's a shit-sandwich no matter how you slice it...
Adrian "ThaClippers" Wojnarowski
mighty_duck
Sophomore
And1: 50

Post#147 » by mighty_duck » Fri Mar 1, 2019 7:15 pm

Danny Darko wrote:
Pointgod wrote:Right now i'm going to add trading Zu for straight trash.

Not to mention giving our main rival for the last playoff spot their starting center.
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,445

Post#148 » by milesfides » Mon Mar 4, 2019 9:23 pm

“Lakers looking to add center”

How’s that Zubac trade looking? Good job Magic.
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,445

Post#149 » by milesfides » Mon May 20, 2019 7:29 pm

Must rehire Magic to fire him
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19

Return to Los Angeles Lakers