Set the TROLLEY CAR on FIRE
24%

Total votes: 59

Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Re: FIRE MAGIC: Something Rotten in the State of Lakerland 

Post#141 » by Pythagoras » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:03 am

Man, I’m starting to think Magic is Isiah Thomas with the Knicks level bad as a GM. I knew he had a crappy offseason outside of LeBron. I didn’t even anticipate it being THIS crappy.
Numbers rule the universe.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,675

Post#142 » by Pointgod » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:50 pm

This article is a very fair criticism of Magic. Even if I disagree with some parts it’s not the hyperbolic bull that gets posted on here.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/lakers-left-one-big-does-193506871.html

I see failing to trade for Paul George, drafting Lonzo and letting Randle walk for nothing as the biggest black marks on his job.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,390

Post#143 » by Danny Darko » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:33 pm

Pointgod wrote:This article is a very fair criticism of Magic. Even if I disagree with some parts it’s not the hyperbolic bull that gets posted on here.

I see failing to trade for Paul George, drafting Lonzo and letting Randle walk for nothing as the biggest black marks on his job.

Right now i'm going to add trading Zu for straight trash.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#144 » by Landsberger » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:47 pm

Danny Darko wrote:
Pointgod wrote:This article is a very fair criticism of Magic. Even if I disagree with some parts it’s not the hyperbolic bull that gets posted on here.

If we really did offer the entire core plus picks for Davis then that takes the cake by far. We traded far less value for Kareem who was a multi-time MVP and Champion at the time. By agreeing to the rumored deal that Bron's people were rumored to be brokering that tells all of the youth that they mean squat to the franchise. Yes Bron's group was rumored to start it but if Magic didn't push it forward we wouldn't be here IMHO.
pb-ceo
Analyst
And1: 830

Post#145 » by pb-ceo » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:10 pm

i am with you guys on magic bringing in lebron. i think the timing was all wrong and it did not match your group of assets. one more year of tanking would have given you an very nice core. but no owner or gm could resist the siren song of LBJ telling you he wants to come to your franchise. even at 34. I think LBJ next contract is going to be the albatross for whichever team signs on to it.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#146 » by Kilroy » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:03 pm

Landsberger wrote:
Danny Darko wrote:

If we really did offer the entire core plus picks for Davis then that takes the cake by far. We traded far less value for Kareem who was a multi-time MVP and Champion at the time. By agreeing to the rumored deal that Bron's people were rumored to be brokering that tells all of the youth that they mean squat to the franchise. Yes Bron's group was rumored to start it but if Magic didn't push it forward we wouldn't be here IMHO.

This comment is interesting because it implies the concept that we didn't actually offer what the media was reporting... Which I agree is a possibility... But to me that's even worse.
Because if it wasn't true, the Lakers have let the story live regardless of the damage it did to our chemistry... Basically for the sole reason that they wanted to have appeared to do everything possible to get Davis, to their fans.

So on the one hand, the included a bunch of players in a potential trade who they likely assured wouldn't be traded, when they were signed to 1yr deals over the summer, and a bunch of Kids they sold on being the future face of the Lakers legacy... OR they didn't and just let people think they did so Magic and Pelinka didn't look as bad as Mitch and Jim to their fans...

It's a **** no matter how you slice it...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
mighty_duck
Junior
And1: 153

Post#147 » by mighty_duck » Fri Mar 1, 2019 7:15 pm

Danny Darko wrote:
Pointgod wrote:Right now i'm going to add trading Zu for straight trash.

Not to mention giving our main rival for the last playoff spot their starting center.
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Post#148 » by milesfides » Mon Mar 4, 2019 9:23 pm

“Lakers looking to add center”

How’s that Zubac trade looking? Good job Magic.
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Post#149 » by milesfides » Mon May 20, 2019 7:29 pm

Must rehire Magic to fire him
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
walk with me
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,349

Post#150 » by walk with me » Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:13 pm

walk with me wrote:Again speaking as an outsider...

I can’t tell anyone how to feel about magic and rob because I’m not a lakers fan. BUT, when you have Lebron on your team you’re essentially forefeiting your team over to him. 95% of decision making has to go through him and Klutch.

It happened in Miami
It happened in Cleveland once he came back
And now it’s happening in LA

I only say this so everyone understand how to temper their expectations. Lebron is the ultimate Ponzi scheme, you mortgage all your assets to let him have all the glory and deflect any of the blame. Once he’s leave your city all your assets are gone and you’re no longer built for sustainable success. Take it from a very long time heat fan, rob and magic may not be perfect but if Lebron wasn’t currently on the lakers the teams trajectory would be much better.

Klutch blew the ad trade and the rest of the nba didn’t want to participate because they’re sick of Klutch
Same goes with the Pg trade. You think PG would have scoffed at LA if Lebron coming wasn’t possible?
Now Klutch has isolated the younger guys and ruined team chemistry.

I hope I’m not speaking out of place but lakers fans should know the truth regarding the influence that Lebron has and the problems that come with making him a member of your team. Imo the problems aren’t worth it in the long run and that’s stated as a heat fan. Lakers fans may feel differently.

Edit:
Study the history of Lebron in miami
Study the history of Lebron in Cleveland

History is repeating itself. The only different is wade was waiting for LBJ in miami, Kyrie was waiting for LBJ in Cleveland. The lakers had nobody waiting for Lebron as the rest of the nba caught on to lebrons gimmick.

Mods please don’t kill me… I want you guys to succeed. Recognize what’s happening right now. It’s not Jeanie, Rob, or Frank.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,190

Post#151 » by LAKESHOW » Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:19 pm

All Trades. All Transactions. All Deals on any Team in the National Basketball Association, must go through, verified and signed by the Head of Basketball operations and Ownership. Thats 101, surprised you dont know that.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions

Return to Los Angeles Lakers