ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Frank Ntilikina Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,384

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#701 » by god shammgod » Fri May 3, 2019 4:18 pm

a standard olympic bar is 45. but nowadays they make plates that look like 45s that are actually 25s or 10s. those clearly say 10 lbs on them. that being said, the overhead squat is difficult if you're just learning it. you can be pretty strong and still suck at it.
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,335

Post#702 » by Phish Tank » Fri May 3, 2019 4:32 pm

god shammgod wrote:a standard olympic bar is 45. but nowadays they make plates that look like 45s that are actually 25s or 10s. those clearly say 10 lbs on them. that being said, the overhead squat is difficult if you're just learning it. you can be pretty strong and still suck at it.

yup exactly.

Also, as you know, form matters over anything. Better off getting the form right at a lower weight or you'll end up like Porzingis
CharlesOakley
Veteran
And1: 2,483

Post#703 » by CharlesOakley » Fri May 3, 2019 6:17 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:
CharlesOakley wrote:
B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:Here's a question: how much do we think Frank is rocking there? 10lb for the big plates and 5 for the small ones. Say 5 for the bar. Is that really 35lb or are some of those plates doubled?

Bro - do you even lift? A bar is 45 lbs.
Exactly. Unless it is the light bar which is 15lbs, but Frank looks like he is using 145lbs there.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Bad maths. He has a total of 75 lbs overhead. (Bar is 45 + 2x 10 + 2x 5) He isn't doing overhead squats, he is holding an overhead squat as he moves laterally. It's core/stability work, not strength work.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,442

Post#704 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri May 3, 2019 6:22 pm

god shammgod wrote:a standard olympic bar is 45. but nowadays they make plates that look like 45s that are actually 25s or 10s. those clearly say 10 lbs on them. that being said, the overhead squat is difficult if you're just learning it. you can be pretty strong and still suck at it.

If that's really a 10 lb. weight, then what do the 45 lb. plates look like?
Free Palestine
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,898

Post#705 » by GONYK » Fri May 3, 2019 6:28 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:

If that's really a 10 lb. weight, then what do the 45 lb. plates look like?

Those are bumper plates. They are rubbery and designed to all the be same size so when they are dropped, the force is distributed evenly.

Normal iron plates will change size depending on the weight.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,706

Post#706 » by F N 11 » Fri May 3, 2019 7:03 pm

Iman Shumpert is in the league and he had legit offensive talent. Frank would be fine.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,868

Post#707 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri May 3, 2019 7:04 pm

Phish Tank wrote:

yup exactly.

Also, as you know, form matters over anything. Better off getting the form right at a lower weight or you'll end up like Porzingis

i was nodding along until this cheap shot :lol:
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#708 » by taj2133 » Fri May 3, 2019 7:24 pm

F N 11 wrote:Iman Shumpert is in the league and he had legit offensive talent. Frank would be fine.

Did you see shumpert the other night he missed 5 three pointers in a row worse the warrriors, and shumpert offensive game at best was average but its below average right now. I said this earlier unless frank makes major progress on his offensive game that's the only way he stays on the knicks. Like i said before mills, perry, and fizdale don't have faith that frank is going to turn the corner and frank his better on some other team then being here.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,143

Post#709 » by thebuzzardman » Fri May 3, 2019 7:25 pm

Phish Tank wrote:

yup exactly.

The audience reactions captured that moment are odd.

Small knick fan is sad. Folks next to him aren't even aware they are at a game. Couple of guys look concerned. Sally looks bemused.
RealGM Knick fan in 3rd row who always said KP would get hurt happy he'll be able to talk crap on forum for months.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,706

Post#710 » by F N 11 » Fri May 3, 2019 7:38 pm

taj2133 wrote:
F N 11 wrote:Iman Shumpert is in the league and he had legit offensive talent. Frank would be fine.

Did you see shumpert the other night he missed 5 three pointers in a row worse the warrriors, and shumpert offensive game at best was average but its below average right now. I said this earlier unless frank makes major progress on his offensive game that's the only way he stays on the knicks. Like i said before mills, perry, and fizdale don't have faith that frank is going to turn the corner and frank his better on some other team then being here.

Iman had legit offensive talent and athleticism. I remember the hype around him during the lockout. If things pan out Frank is a viable piece. Think of Battier, Bowen, Smart, Tucker, and guys of that nature. Teams dont just get rid of guys like that just because. He just needs to sure up that jumper and he's in the league for years. Please do not sleep on this mans defense. I swear by his defensive numbers when paired with Mitch and another big who will not be named.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,637

Post#711 » by prophet_of_rage » Fri May 3, 2019 7:42 pm

CharlesOakley wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:
CharlesOakley wrote:
Exactly. Unless it is the light bar which is 15lbs, but Frank looks like he is using 145lbs there.

Bad maths. He has a total of 75 lbs overhead. (Bar is 45 + 2x 10 + 2x 5) He isn't doing overhead squats, he is holding an overhead squat as he moves laterally. It's core/stability work, not strength work.
Yeah, I didn't look at the numbers just the size of the plates. He is holding no more than 75 lbs over his head.

god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,384

Post#712 » by god shammgod » Fri May 3, 2019 7:43 pm

CharlesOakley wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:
CharlesOakley wrote:

this is unimportant but i don't think he's moving laterally. his heels are elevated.
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,995

Post#713 » by Nazrmohamed » Fri May 3, 2019 11:56 pm

And it was being done on a slide bar (correct me on the name). So I doubt it was about measuring his squat strength and more about strengthening his balance and secondary muscles
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,637

Post#714 » by prophet_of_rage » Sat May 4, 2019 1:59 am

Nazrmohamed wrote:

And it was being done on a slide bar (correct me on the name). So I doubt it was about measuring his squat strength and more about strengthening his balance and secondary muscles
Yeah, basketball strength and conditioning focusses on core strength mostly now.

Sent from my SM-N950W using RealGM mobile app
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#715 » by HEZI » Sat May 4, 2019 5:55 pm

How do I take you seriously Frank when your trainer looks like a hair stylist?

Dude is wearing jeans, loafers, a tucked t shirt with a rooster on it? And I'm supposed to take this workout seriously? Cmon man
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,236

Post#716 » by gavran » Sat May 4, 2019 6:05 pm

HEZI wrote:How do I take you seriously Frank when your trainer looks like a hair stylist?

Dude is wearing jeans, loafers, a tucked t shirt with a rooster on it? And I'm supposed to take this workout seriously? Cmon man

Yeah, there is strong correlation between the clothes your trainer is wearing, and the workout routine he is giving you.
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#717 » by HEZI » Sat May 4, 2019 6:33 pm

gavran wrote:
HEZI wrote:How do I take you seriously Frank when your trainer looks like a hair stylist?

Yeah, there is strong correlation between the clothes your trainer is wearing, and the workout routine he is giving you.

You don't mess with the Zohan
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#718 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Sat May 4, 2019 6:46 pm

CharlesOakley wrote:
B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:

Here's a question: how much do we think Frank is rocking there? 10lb for the big plates and 5 for the small ones. Say 5 for the bar. Is that really 35lb or are some of those plates doubled?

Yeah, I initially thought it was one of the lighter bars and then further confused myself translating between lbs and kgs. :nonono: But on second thoughts it does look like a 45lb bar - so yes probably 75lb total.
Da_Mane_Man
General Manager
And1: 1,590

Post#719 » by Da_Mane_Man » Sat May 4, 2019 7:05 pm

lol i didn't even notice that. dude is wearing loafers :lol:

but Frank is rockin the Romaleos though. he's definitely squatting.

edit: also, those shorts are :onfire: i want a pair
remi_222
Pro Prospect
And1: 636

Post#720 » by remi_222 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:15 pm

Great news for Frank, got into the 15 players for the World Cup, Coach Collet said he would have a chance to show defensively the impact that he can have !

PG :
Thomas Heurtel (Barcelona) – Andrew Albicy (Andorra) – Frank Ntilikina (NYC)
SG/ SF
Nando De Colo (CSKA Moscow) – Nicolas Batum (Charlotte) – Evan Fournier (Orlando) – Paul Lacombe (Monaco) – Timothé Luwawu-Cabarrot (Chicago) – Axel Toupane (Olympiacos)
PF/C :
Rudy Gobert (Utah) – Adrien Moerman (Anadolu Efes) – Louis Labeyrie (Valencia) – Amath M’Baye (Bologna) – Mathias Lessort (Malaga) – Vincent Poirier (Baskonia)

Return to New York Knicks