ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Frank Ntilikina Thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, King of Canada, mrpoetryNmotion, mpharris36, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, GONYK, K-DOT, NoLayupRule, Capn'O, Thugger HBC

User avatar
god shammgod
Knicks Forum Crazy Board Uncle
Posts: 96,119
And1: 55,459
Joined: Feb 18, 2006
Location: Never Too Early to Tank

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#701 » by god shammgod » Fri May 3, 2019 4:18 pm

a standard olympic bar is 45. but nowadays they make plates that look like 45s that are actually 25s or 10s. those clearly say 10 lbs on them. that being said, the overhead squat is difficult if you're just learning it. you can be pretty strong and still suck at it.
Image
User avatar
Phish Tank
RealGM
Posts: 16,332
And1: 8,963
Joined: Nov 09, 2004
Location: Your Timepiece
   

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#702 » by Phish Tank » Fri May 3, 2019 4:32 pm

god shammgod wrote:a standard olympic bar is 45. but nowadays they make plates that look like 45s that are actually 25s or 10s. those clearly say 10 lbs on them. that being said, the overhead squat is difficult if you're just learning it. you can be pretty strong and still suck at it.


yup exactly.

Also, as you know, form matters over anything. Better off getting the form right at a lower weight or you'll end up like Porzingis
Image

BAF- Houston Rockets:
PG: Fox/Jerome Rob/Okobo
SG: Huerter/Romeo
SF: Hunter/Sekou/Melo
PF: Gay/Skal/PJ
C: Jaxson Hayes/Willy

Inactive: Waiters, Swanigan, Louis King, Smailagic
User avatar
CharlesOakley
Starter
Posts: 2,240
And1: 1,670
Joined: Jun 27, 2006

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#703 » by CharlesOakley » Fri May 3, 2019 6:17 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:
CharlesOakley wrote:
B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:Here's a question: how much do we think Frank is rocking there? 10lb for the big plates and 5 for the small ones. Say 5 for the bar. Is that really 35lb or are some of those plates doubled?


Bro - do you even lift? A bar is 45 lbs.
Exactly. Unless it is the light bar which is 15lbs, but Frank looks like he is using 145lbs there.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Bad maths. He has a total of 75 lbs overhead. (Bar is 45 + 2x 10 + 2x 5) He isn't doing overhead squats, he is holding an overhead squat as he moves laterally. It's core/stability work, not strength work.
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 55,482
And1: 23,590
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#704 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri May 3, 2019 6:22 pm

god shammgod wrote:a standard olympic bar is 45. but nowadays they make plates that look like 45s that are actually 25s or 10s. those clearly say 10 lbs on them. that being said, the overhead squat is difficult if you're just learning it. you can be pretty strong and still suck at it.


If that's really a 10 lb. weight, then what do the 45 lb. plates look like?
Image
User avatar
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 58,384
And1: 26,795
Joined: Jun 27, 2003
Location: Frankie N Baby
   

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#705 » by GONYK » Fri May 3, 2019 6:28 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
god shammgod wrote:a standard olympic bar is 45. but nowadays they make plates that look like 45s that are actually 25s or 10s. those clearly say 10 lbs on them. that being said, the overhead squat is difficult if you're just learning it. you can be pretty strong and still suck at it.


If that's really a 10 lb. weight, then what do the 45 lb. plates look like?


Those are bumper plates. They are rubbery and designed to all the be same size so when they are dropped, the force is distributed evenly.

Normal iron plates will change size depending on the weight.
User avatar
F N 11
RealGM
Posts: 50,675
And1: 24,085
Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Location: Getting over screens with Gusto.
Contact:
 

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#706 » by F N 11 » Fri May 3, 2019 7:03 pm

Iman Shumpert is in the league and he had legit offensive talent. Frank would be fine.
Ntilikina/Knox/Mitch/RJ ARMY
amit wrote:Frank prime will be like 10 ppg. Hes not that kind of PG and we knew it since he got drafted. Thats why scorers players around frank will be the bast for him
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 19,830
And1: 13,175
Joined: Jul 31, 2010
     

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#707 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri May 3, 2019 7:04 pm

Phish Tank wrote:
god shammgod wrote:a standard olympic bar is 45. but nowadays they make plates that look like 45s that are actually 25s or 10s. those clearly say 10 lbs on them. that being said, the overhead squat is difficult if you're just learning it. you can be pretty strong and still suck at it.


yup exactly.

Also, as you know, form matters over anything. Better off getting the form right at a lower weight or you'll end up like Porzingis


i was nodding along until this cheap shot :lol:
RIP magnumt

all we got iz us szn(s)
taj2133
General Manager
Posts: 7,504
And1: 2,971
Joined: Jun 14, 2009

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#708 » by taj2133 » Fri May 3, 2019 7:24 pm

F N 11 wrote:Iman Shumpert is in the league and he had legit offensive talent. Frank would be fine.

Did you see shumpert the other night he missed 5 three pointers in a row worse the warrriors, and shumpert offensive game at best was average but its below average right now. I said this earlier unless frank makes major progress on his offensive game that's the only way he stays on the knicks. Like i said before mills, perry, and fizdale don't have faith that frank is going to turn the corner and frank his better on some other team then being here.
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 34,713
And1: 25,998
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: IGNOMANIA

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#709 » by thebuzzardman » Fri May 3, 2019 7:25 pm

Phish Tank wrote:
god shammgod wrote:a standard olympic bar is 45. but nowadays they make plates that look like 45s that are actually 25s or 10s. those clearly say 10 lbs on them. that being said, the overhead squat is difficult if you're just learning it. you can be pretty strong and still suck at it.


yup exactly.

Also, as you know, form matters over anything. Better off getting the form right at a lower weight or you'll end up like Porzingis


Image

The audience reactions captured that moment are odd.

Small knick fan is sad. Folks next to him aren't even aware they are at a game. Couple of guys look concerned. Sally looks bemused.
RealGM Knick fan in 3rd row who always said KP would get hurt happy he'll be able to talk crap on forum for months.
User avatar
F N 11
RealGM
Posts: 50,675
And1: 24,085
Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Location: Getting over screens with Gusto.
Contact:
 

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#710 » by F N 11 » Fri May 3, 2019 7:38 pm

taj2133 wrote:
F N 11 wrote:Iman Shumpert is in the league and he had legit offensive talent. Frank would be fine.

Did you see shumpert the other night he missed 5 three pointers in a row worse the warrriors, and shumpert offensive game at best was average but its below average right now. I said this earlier unless frank makes major progress on his offensive game that's the only way he stays on the knicks. Like i said before mills, perry, and fizdale don't have faith that frank is going to turn the corner and frank his better on some other team then being here.

Iman had legit offensive talent and athleticism. I remember the hype around him during the lockout. If things pan out Frank is a viable piece. Think of Battier, Bowen, Smart, Tucker, and guys of that nature. Teams dont just get rid of guys like that just because. He just needs to sure up that jumper and he's in the league for years. Please do not sleep on this mans defense. I swear by his defensive numbers when paired with Mitch and another big who will not be named.
Ntilikina/Knox/Mitch/RJ ARMY
amit wrote:Frank prime will be like 10 ppg. Hes not that kind of PG and we knew it since he got drafted. Thats why scorers players around frank will be the bast for him
User avatar
prophet_of_rage
General Manager
Posts: 8,577
And1: 1,968
Joined: Jan 06, 2005

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#711 » by prophet_of_rage » Fri May 3, 2019 7:42 pm

CharlesOakley wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:
CharlesOakley wrote:
Bro - do you even lift? A bar is 45 lbs.
Exactly. Unless it is the light bar which is 15lbs, but Frank looks like he is using 145lbs there.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Bad maths. He has a total of 75 lbs overhead. (Bar is 45 + 2x 10 + 2x 5) He isn't doing overhead squats, he is holding an overhead squat as he moves laterally. It's core/stability work, not strength work.
Yeah, I didn't look at the numbers just the size of the plates. He is holding no more than 75 lbs over his head.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
User avatar
god shammgod
Knicks Forum Crazy Board Uncle
Posts: 96,119
And1: 55,459
Joined: Feb 18, 2006
Location: Never Too Early to Tank

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#712 » by god shammgod » Fri May 3, 2019 7:43 pm

CharlesOakley wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:
CharlesOakley wrote:
Bro - do you even lift? A bar is 45 lbs.
Exactly. Unless it is the light bar which is 15lbs, but Frank looks like he is using 145lbs there.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Bad maths. He has a total of 75 lbs overhead. (Bar is 45 + 2x 10 + 2x 5) He isn't doing overhead squats, he is holding an overhead squat as he moves laterally. It's core/stability work, not strength work.


this is unimportant but i don't think he's moving laterally. his heels are elevated.
Image
Nazrmohamed
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,226
And1: 1,981
Joined: May 16, 2013
     

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#713 » by Nazrmohamed » Fri May 3, 2019 11:56 pm

god shammgod wrote:a standard olympic bar is 45. but nowadays they make plates that look like 45s that are actually 25s or 10s. those clearly say 10 lbs on them. that being said, the overhead squat is difficult if you're just learning it. you can be pretty strong and still suck at it.


And it was being done on a slide bar (correct me on the name). So I doubt it was about measuring his squat strength and more about strengthening his balance and secondary muscles
User avatar
prophet_of_rage
General Manager
Posts: 8,577
And1: 1,968
Joined: Jan 06, 2005

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#714 » by prophet_of_rage » Sat May 4, 2019 1:59 am

Nazrmohamed wrote:
god shammgod wrote:a standard olympic bar is 45. but nowadays they make plates that look like 45s that are actually 25s or 10s. those clearly say 10 lbs on them. that being said, the overhead squat is difficult if you're just learning it. you can be pretty strong and still suck at it.


And it was being done on a slide bar (correct me on the name). So I doubt it was about measuring his squat strength and more about strengthening his balance and secondary muscles
Yeah, basketball strength and conditioning focusses on core strength mostly now.

Sent from my SM-N950W using RealGM mobile app
HEZI
RealGM
Posts: 29,986
And1: 11,919
Joined: Nov 16, 2004
 

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#715 » by HEZI » Sat May 4, 2019 5:55 pm

How do I take you seriously Frank when your trainer looks like a hair stylist?

Dude is wearing jeans, loafers, a tucked t shirt with a rooster on it? And I'm supposed to take this workout seriously? Cmon man
DENVER NUGGETS
Kemba Walker/Jordan Clarkson/Devonte Graham
Andrew Wiggins/Eric Gordon/Carsen Edwards
Kelly Oubre/Evan Fournier/Dzanan Musa
Christian Wood/Harry Giles/Luke Kornet
Nikola Vucevic/Thomas Bryant/Bruno Fernando
User avatar
gavran
RealGM
Posts: 14,825
And1: 4,512
Joined: Nov 02, 2005
Location: crossing the line

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#716 » by gavran » Sat May 4, 2019 6:05 pm

HEZI wrote:How do I take you seriously Frank when your trainer looks like a hair stylist?

Dude is wearing jeans, loafers, a tucked t shirt with a rooster on it? And I'm supposed to take this workout seriously? Cmon man

Yeah, there is strong correlation between the clothes your trainer is wearing, and the workout routine he is giving you.
HEZI
RealGM
Posts: 29,986
And1: 11,919
Joined: Nov 16, 2004
 

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#717 » by HEZI » Sat May 4, 2019 6:33 pm

gavran wrote:
HEZI wrote:How do I take you seriously Frank when your trainer looks like a hair stylist?

Dude is wearing jeans, loafers, a tucked t shirt with a rooster on it? And I'm supposed to take this workout seriously? Cmon man

Yeah, there is strong correlation between the clothes your trainer is wearing, and the workout routine he is giving you.


You don't mess with the Zohan
DENVER NUGGETS
Kemba Walker/Jordan Clarkson/Devonte Graham
Andrew Wiggins/Eric Gordon/Carsen Edwards
Kelly Oubre/Evan Fournier/Dzanan Musa
Christian Wood/Harry Giles/Luke Kornet
Nikola Vucevic/Thomas Bryant/Bruno Fernando
B8RcDeMktfxC
Starter
Posts: 2,252
And1: 1,079
Joined: Nov 23, 2018
Location: C'MON, COME GET THE FUKKIN BALL

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#718 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Sat May 4, 2019 6:46 pm

CharlesOakley wrote:
B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:

Here's a question: how much do we think Frank is rocking there? 10lb for the big plates and 5 for the small ones. Say 5 for the bar. Is that really 35lb or are some of those plates doubled?


Bro - do you even lift? A bar is 45 lbs.

Yeah, I initially thought it was one of the lighter bars and then further confused myself translating between lbs and kgs. :nonono: But on second thoughts it does look like a 45lb bar - so yes probably 75lb total.
User avatar
Da_Mane_Man
General Manager
Posts: 9,006
And1: 1,303
Joined: Dec 17, 2005
     

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#719 » by Da_Mane_Man » Sat May 4, 2019 7:05 pm

HEZI wrote:How do I take you seriously Frank when your trainer looks like a hair stylist?

Dude is wearing jeans, loafers, a tucked t shirt with a rooster on it? And I'm supposed to take this workout seriously? Cmon man


lol i didn't even notice that. dude is wearing loafers :lol:

but Frank is rockin the Romaleos though. he's definitely squatting.

edit: also, those shorts are :onfire: i want a pair
remi_222
Senior
Posts: 528
And1: 369
Joined: May 09, 2012
Location: Paris
   

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#720 » by remi_222 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:15 pm

Great news for Frank, got into the 15 players for the World Cup, Coach Collet said he would have a chance to show defensively the impact that he can have !

PG :
Thomas Heurtel (Barcelona) – Andrew Albicy (Andorra) – Frank Ntilikina (NYC)
SG/ SF
Nando De Colo (CSKA Moscow) – Nicolas Batum (Charlotte) – Evan Fournier (Orlando) – Paul Lacombe (Monaco) – Timothé Luwawu-Cabarrot (Chicago) – Axel Toupane (Olympiacos)
PF/C :
Rudy Gobert (Utah) – Adrien Moerman (Anadolu Efes) – Louis Labeyrie (Valencia) – Amath M’Baye (Bologna) – Mathias Lessort (Malaga) – Vincent Poirier (Baskonia)

Return to New York Knicks