ImageImageImageImage

What are your best Fournier trade proposals?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,366

Re: What are your best Fournier trade proposals? 

Post#181 » by Bensational » Thu May 16, 2019 8:42 am

Conley is definitely on the way out of Memphis now.
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 578

Post#182 » by MasterGMer » Thu May 16, 2019 6:39 pm

Bensational wrote:Conley is definitely on the way out of Memphis now.

Do we make a play on Jure Holiday? I think NOP will go full rebuild mode with Zion.

What do we offer them for Jure?
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,153

Post#183 » by swarlesbarkley » Fri May 17, 2019 3:19 pm

If Reddish starts slipping in the draft, I'd love to somehow trade Fournier to move up in the draft to snag him. Reddish seems like a guy with NBA star potential despite playing terribly in college.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#184 » by j-ragg » Sat May 18, 2019 3:03 pm

swarlesbarkley wrote:If Reddish starts slipping in the draft, I'd love to somehow trade Fournier to move up in the draft to snag him. Reddish seems like a guy with NBA star potential despite playing terribly in college.

If we are packaging Fournier plus 16 then Reddish would have to drop to the 20s lol.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,891

Post#185 » by drsd » Wed May 22, 2019 10:51 am

swarlesbarkley wrote:If Reddish starts slipping in the draft, I'd love to somehow trade Fournier to move up in the draft to snag him. Reddish seems like a guy with NBA star potential despite playing terribly in college.

Robert Covington and the #11 for Fournier, the #16 and next year's 1st probably gets it done.

The Magic would have Covington as a competent replacement of Ross, and Reddish can learn his trade from some nice vets.

NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,299

Post#186 » by NotACat » Wed May 22, 2019 11:59 am

drsd wrote:

Robert Covington and the #11 for Fournier, the #16 and next year's 1st probably gets it done.

The Magic would have Covington as a competent replacement of Ross, and Reddish can learn his trade from some nice vets.

We're not trading an extra first rounder for Covington and to move up 5 spots, plus the money doesn't work out
Black Lives Matter
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,100

Post#187 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Wed May 22, 2019 2:17 pm

Portland- Turner and 25 for Evan.... We get out of the 2nd year of EF and get another late 1st. Fournier brings bench depth and help to a Portland team that will likely be cap screwed once Dame signs this massive deal. Portland will know they can't have guys not being super productive on the roster
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#188 » by j-ragg » Wed May 22, 2019 2:59 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:Portland- Turner and 25 for Evan.... We get out of the 2nd year of EF and get another late 1st. Fournier brings bench depth and help to a Portland team that will likely be cap screwed once Dame signs this massive deal. Portland will know they can't have guys not being super productive on the roster

This is the type of move I'd look for if I were in WeHam's shoes. I don't see Portland giving up a 1st and the shorter contract even though Turner sucks, but it's the type of move we should look to make even if it's an early second instead.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
nicnac215
Sixth Man
And1: 536

Post#189 » by nicnac215 » Wed May 22, 2019 3:33 pm

Evan+Mozgov+#16+2021 1st for Conley
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,095

Post#190 » by tiderulz » Wed May 22, 2019 5:22 pm

nicnac215 wrote:Evan+Mozgov+#16+2021 1st for Conley

I could maybe see our first this year, or a future 1st, but not both
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,100

Post#191 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Wed May 22, 2019 5:44 pm

j-ragg wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:Portland- Turner and 25 for Evan.... We get out of the 2nd year of EF and get another late 1st. Fournier brings bench depth and help to a Portland team that will likely be cap screwed once Dame signs this massive deal. Portland will know they can't have guys not being super productive on the roster

This is the type of move I'd look for if I were in WeHam's shoes. I don't see Portland giving up a 1st and the shorter contract even though Turner sucks, but it's the type of move we should look to make even if it's an early second instead.

Portland is going to run into the issue of being able to put a competitive team around Dame once he signs that super max deal. In Year 1 his salary will be 42M... Yeah this won't help them with the tax threshold but it provides them a 6th man who could help them.

From Portland's viewpoint/page they're expecting a team to give them a lower multi year deal like 10M over 2 years for Turner an 25. Sounds extremely unrealistic IMO since Turner is a bad contract even if it is expiring and 25th pick in this weak draft is pretty meh as well.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,588

Post#192 » by Skybox » Fri May 24, 2019 1:32 pm

Portland is on such a different timeline than us due to their recent success...Unlikely to re-tool and ship off CJ (like they might have a year ago), just threw a big reward deal to their coach, about to ruin their cap for years with Dame(rightfully), so financial responsibility over next few years is kind of out the door for them. How can they get better today? Fournier will make them better, so they might be the kind of team we can do win-win deals with as they go all in. Maybe we can pry Anfernee Simons with Turner somehow as he is still a few years from helping them. We'd have to give more than Evan...btw, I like Turner's game, he's just cursed with a huge deal (like Fournier).
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,366

Post#193 » by Bensational » Tue May 28, 2019 3:26 am

I wonder if the Spurs and Lakers would consider this deal...

SAS
in - Ingram + Fournier
out - DeRozan + White

LAL
in - DeRozan
out - Ingram

ORL
in - White
out - Fournier

The Spurs have Murray on the way back anyway, so they have PG covered. The Lakers only really consider this if they strike out on other FAs and feel pressured to add more talent to LeBron sooner.

We'd wipe about $15M off our cap this way, too. Meaning, if we renounce all our FAs other than Vuc, we'd have $5M cap space + this $15M. Stretch Moz and it can get us to $25M, and within range to chase D'Lo. Or at the very least, we can make an offer to Brogdon.

Vuc/Bamba
Gordon/
Isaac/Iwundu
(Brogdon/D'Lo)/NAW/Frazier
White/Fultz/DJ
drsd
RealGM

Post#194 » by drsd » Tue May 28, 2019 1:24 pm

Bensational wrote:I wonder if the Spurs and Lakers would consider this deal...

SAS
in - Ingram + Fournier
out - DeRozan + White

LAL
in - DeRozan
out - Ingram

ORL
in - White
out - Fournier

The Spurs have Murray on the way back anyway, so they have PG covered. The Lakers only really consider this if they strike out on other FAs and feel pressured to add more talent to LeBron sooner.

We'd wipe about $15M off our cap this way, too. Meaning, if we renounce all our FAs other than Vuc, we'd have $5M cap space + this $15M. Stretch Moz and it can get us to $25M, and within range to chase D'Lo. Or at the very least, we can make an offer to Brogdon.

Vuc/Bamba
Gordon/
Isaac/Iwundu
White/Fultz/DJ

Orlando trading out Fournier to receive Derrick White is a value trade for the Magic. If the Magic simply resign Ross and Vučević, all that is needed to flush out the roster is to find Martin's replacement, perhaps via a trade with Augustin.

Having White and Fultz compete for the starting PG slot is intriguing.

Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,450

Post#195 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Tue May 28, 2019 4:10 pm

A few from the top of my head.

Leuer
Galloway

For

Fournier

Exum
Crowder

For

Fournier

Roberson
Patterson

For

Fournier

Hayward
#14 (would even do it for #20)

For

Fournier
Mosgov

Turner

For

Fournier

*for the record I’m not on the trade for Conely train, I think it’s extremely premature and completely out of our timeline, but if we were to entertain a trade I would only want to give up Mosgov + Fournier + #16 OR a future FRP (definitely not both) for Conely + Anderson.

Also if there’s anyway we could get Convington and it includes us sending out Fournier and not giving up BIG you do it no questions asked.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
drsd
RealGM

Post#196 » by drsd » Tue May 28, 2019 5:34 pm

Magic_Johnny12 wrote:Hayward

For

Fournier
Mosgov

If Orlando resigns Carter-Williams, Ross, and Vučević, at #16 the Magic could draft KZ Okpala and at #20, Tyler Herro.

Trade Augustin in a SnT for Frank Kaminsky. Resign Briscoe and Birch.

The Magic becomes:
Fultz/Carter-Williams/Briscoe
Hayward/Ross/Herro
Issac/Okpala/Frazier
Gordon/Kaminsky
Vučević/Bamba/Birch

That is a very long and tall team, and it has depth and room for growth.

There is a lot of gambling in this. i) Will Hayward return to a 19 ppg player? ii) Can Fultz play a healthy, starting-level season?
If the answers to those two questions are yes, this is a 50+win roster. If no, I see 35 wins.

Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,450

Post#197 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Tue May 28, 2019 5:56 pm

drsd wrote:

For

Fournier
Mosgov

If Orlando resigns Carter-Williams, Ross, and Vučević, at #16 the Magic could draft KZ Okpala and at #20, Tyler Herro.

The Magic becomes:
Hayward/Ross/Herro
Issac/Okpala/Frazier
Gordon/Kaminsky
Vučević/Bamba/Birch

There is a lot of gambling in this. i) Will Hayward return to a 19 ppg player? ii) Can Fultz play a healthy, starting-level season?
If the answers to those two questions are yes, this is a 50+win roster. If no, I see 35 wins.

That’s a 40 win roster regardless imho.

People don’t realize how much it would help Vucevic getting another capable scorer. Fultz even without a shot has elite vision and playmaking ability, if healthy even without a shot he’s contributing by day one.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Post#198 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue May 28, 2019 6:09 pm

Magic_Johnny12 wrote:
drsd wrote:

For

Fournier
Mosgov

The Magic becomes:
Hayward/Ross/Herro
Issac/Okpala/Frazier
Gordon/Kaminsky
Vučević/Bamba/Birch

That’s a 40 win roster regardless imho.

People don’t realize how much it would help Vucevic getting another capable scorer. Fultz even without a shot has elite vision and playmaking ability, if healthy even without a shot he’s contributing by day one.

Fultz may not even be able to play this upcoming season and people are already pencilling him in as a starter, lol. Besides the fact that Hayward is a SF and too slow for SG and Isaac does spend some time at PF, so I would pencil Isaac as starting SF as well as backup PF when Hayward or Ross is in there.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,153

Post#199 » by OrlChamps2030 » Tue May 28, 2019 6:21 pm

drsd wrote:

For

Fournier
Mosgov

The Magic becomes:
Hayward/Ross/Herro
Issac/Okpala/Frazier
Gordon/Kaminsky
Vučević/Bamba/Birch

That is a very long and tall team, and it has depth and room for growth.

If Fultz doesn’t get it together..which isn’t a given.. that PG rotation is as ugly as it gets
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#200 » by Skin » Tue May 28, 2019 6:44 pm

Bensational wrote:I wonder if the Spurs and Lakers would consider this deal...

SAS
in - Ingram + Fournier
out - DeRozan + White

LAL
in - DeRozan
out - Ingram

ORL
in - White
out - Fournier

Vuc/Bamba
Gordon/
Isaac/Iwundu
White/Fultz/DJ

2 things... 1) White seems like a guy who will not play as well without Popovich and 2) I don't think I want another young PG competing with Fultz just yet.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!

Return to Orlando Magic