ImageImageImageImage

What are your best Fournier trade proposals?

Moderators: Def Swami, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, UCF, ChosenSavior, Knightro, SOUL

Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 22,373
And1: 8,148
Joined: Apr 10, 2001
     

Re: What are your best Fournier trade proposals? 

Post#181 » by Bensational » Thu May 16, 2019 8:42 am

Conley is definitely on the way out of Memphis now.
MasterGMer
Pro Prospect
Posts: 891
And1: 110
Joined: Dec 09, 2011
   

Re: What are your best Fournier trade proposals? 

Post#182 » by MasterGMer » Thu May 16, 2019 6:39 pm

Bensational wrote:Conley is definitely on the way out of Memphis now.


Do we make a play on Jure Holiday? I think NOP will go full rebuild mode with Zion.

What do we offer them for Jure?
User avatar
swarlesbarkley
Starter
Posts: 2,198
And1: 1,154
Joined: Jun 18, 2014
   

Re: What are your best Fournier trade proposals? 

Post#183 » by swarlesbarkley » Fri May 17, 2019 3:19 pm

If Reddish starts slipping in the draft, I'd love to somehow trade Fournier to move up in the draft to snag him. Reddish seems like a guy with NBA star potential despite playing terribly in college.
User avatar
j-ragg
RealGM
Posts: 16,599
And1: 10,061
Joined: Mar 31, 2005
Location: the don't re-sign Hedo bandwagon.
   

Re: What are your best Fournier trade proposals? 

Post#184 » by j-ragg » Sat May 18, 2019 3:03 pm

swarlesbarkley wrote:If Reddish starts slipping in the draft, I'd love to somehow trade Fournier to move up in the draft to snag him. Reddish seems like a guy with NBA star potential despite playing terribly in college.

If we are packaging Fournier plus 16 then Reddish would have to drop to the 20s lol.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
User avatar
drsd
RealGM
Posts: 27,102
And1: 4,134
Joined: Mar 16, 2003
     

Re: What are your best Fournier trade proposals? 

Post#185 » by drsd » Wed May 22, 2019 10:51 am

swarlesbarkley wrote:If Reddish starts slipping in the draft, I'd love to somehow trade Fournier to move up in the draft to snag him. Reddish seems like a guy with NBA star potential despite playing terribly in college.


Robert Covington and the #11 for Fournier, the #16 and next year's 1st probably gets it done.

The Magic would have Covington as a competent replacement of Ross, and Reddish can learn his trade from some nice vets.


..
NotACat
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,553
And1: 761
Joined: Apr 28, 2018

Re: What are your best Fournier trade proposals? 

Post#186 » by NotACat » Wed May 22, 2019 11:59 am

drsd wrote:
swarlesbarkley wrote:If Reddish starts slipping in the draft, I'd love to somehow trade Fournier to move up in the draft to snag him. Reddish seems like a guy with NBA star potential despite playing terribly in college.


Robert Covington and the #11 for Fournier, the #16 and next year's 1st probably gets it done.

The Magic would have Covington as a competent replacement of Ross, and Reddish can learn his trade from some nice vets.


..

We're not trading an extra first rounder for Covington and to move up 5 spots, plus the money doesn't work out
User avatar
MartinsIzAfraud
Veteran
Posts: 2,765
And1: 2,213
Joined: Mar 07, 2017
Location: Work
     

Re: What are your best Fournier trade proposals? 

Post#187 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Wed May 22, 2019 2:17 pm

Portland- Turner and 25 for Evan.... We get out of the 2nd year of EF and get another late 1st. Fournier brings bench depth and help to a Portland team that will likely be cap screwed once Dame signs this massive deal. Portland will know they can't have guys not being super productive on the roster
LONG LENGTHY ATHLETIC... CAN’T SHOOT
User avatar
j-ragg
RealGM
Posts: 16,599
And1: 10,061
Joined: Mar 31, 2005
Location: the don't re-sign Hedo bandwagon.
   

Re: What are your best Fournier trade proposals? 

Post#188 » by j-ragg » Wed May 22, 2019 2:59 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:Portland- Turner and 25 for Evan.... We get out of the 2nd year of EF and get another late 1st. Fournier brings bench depth and help to a Portland team that will likely be cap screwed once Dame signs this massive deal. Portland will know they can't have guys not being super productive on the roster

This is the type of move I'd look for if I were in WeHam's shoes. I don't see Portland giving up a 1st and the shorter contract even though Turner sucks, but it's the type of move we should look to make even if it's an early second instead.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
nicnac215
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,371
And1: 359
Joined: Feb 28, 2010
Location: Southern California

Re: What are your best Fournier trade proposals? 

Post#189 » by nicnac215 » Wed May 22, 2019 3:33 pm

Evan+Mozgov+#16+2021 1st for Conley
User avatar
tiderulz
RealGM
Posts: 28,946
And1: 10,179
Joined: Jun 16, 2010
Location: Atlanta
 

Re: What are your best Fournier trade proposals? 

Post#190 » by tiderulz » Wed May 22, 2019 5:22 pm

nicnac215 wrote:Evan+Mozgov+#16+2021 1st for Conley

I could maybe see our first this year, or a future 1st, but not both
User avatar
MartinsIzAfraud
Veteran
Posts: 2,765
And1: 2,213
Joined: Mar 07, 2017
Location: Work
     

Re: What are your best Fournier trade proposals? 

Post#191 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Wed May 22, 2019 5:44 pm

j-ragg wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:Portland- Turner and 25 for Evan.... We get out of the 2nd year of EF and get another late 1st. Fournier brings bench depth and help to a Portland team that will likely be cap screwed once Dame signs this massive deal. Portland will know they can't have guys not being super productive on the roster

This is the type of move I'd look for if I were in WeHam's shoes. I don't see Portland giving up a 1st and the shorter contract even though Turner sucks, but it's the type of move we should look to make even if it's an early second instead.


Portland is going to run into the issue of being able to put a competitive team around Dame once he signs that super max deal. In Year 1 his salary will be 42M... Yeah this won't help them with the tax threshold but it provides them a 6th man who could help them.

From Portland's viewpoint/page they're expecting a team to give them a lower multi year deal like 10M over 2 years for Turner an 25. Sounds extremely unrealistic IMO since Turner is a bad contract even if it is expiring and 25th pick in this weak draft is pretty meh as well.
LONG LENGTHY ATHLETIC... CAN’T SHOOT
Skybox
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,828
And1: 1,136
Joined: Jan 21, 2017
 

Re: What are your best Fournier trade proposals? 

Post#192 » by Skybox » Fri May 24, 2019 1:32 pm

Portland is on such a different timeline than us due to their recent success...Unlikely to re-tool and ship off CJ (like they might have a year ago), just threw a big reward deal to their coach, about to ruin their cap for years with Dame(rightfully), so financial responsibility over next few years is kind of out the door for them. How can they get better today? Fournier will make them better, so they might be the kind of team we can do win-win deals with as they go all in. Maybe we can pry Anfernee Simons with Turner somehow as he is still a few years from helping them. We'd have to give more than Evan...btw, I like Turner's game, he's just cursed with a huge deal (like Fournier).
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 22,373
And1: 8,148
Joined: Apr 10, 2001
     

Re: What are your best Fournier trade proposals? 

Post#193 » by Bensational » Tue May 28, 2019 3:26 am

I wonder if the Spurs and Lakers would consider this deal...

SAS
in - Ingram + Fournier
out - DeRozan + White

LAL
in - DeRozan
out - Ingram

ORL
in - White
out - Fournier

The Spurs have Murray on the way back anyway, so they have PG covered. The Lakers only really consider this if they strike out on other FAs and feel pressured to add more talent to LeBron sooner.

We'd wipe about $15M off our cap this way, too. Meaning, if we renounce all our FAs other than Vuc, we'd have $5M cap space + this $15M. Stretch Moz and it can get us to $25M, and within range to chase D'Lo. Or at the very least, we can make an offer to Brogdon.

Vuc/Bamba
Gordon/
Isaac/Iwundu
(Brogdon/D'Lo)/NAW/Frazier
White/Fultz/DJ
User avatar
drsd
RealGM
Posts: 27,102
And1: 4,134
Joined: Mar 16, 2003
     

Re: What are your best Fournier trade proposals? 

Post#194 » by drsd » Tue May 28, 2019 1:24 pm

Bensational wrote:I wonder if the Spurs and Lakers would consider this deal...

SAS
in - Ingram + Fournier
out - DeRozan + White

LAL
in - DeRozan
out - Ingram

ORL
in - White
out - Fournier

The Spurs have Murray on the way back anyway, so they have PG covered. The Lakers only really consider this if they strike out on other FAs and feel pressured to add more talent to LeBron sooner.

We'd wipe about $15M off our cap this way, too. Meaning, if we renounce all our FAs other than Vuc, we'd have $5M cap space + this $15M. Stretch Moz and it can get us to $25M, and within range to chase D'Lo. Or at the very least, we can make an offer to Brogdon.

Vuc/Bamba
Gordon/
Isaac/Iwundu
(Brogdon/D'Lo)/NAW/Frazier
White/Fultz/DJ



Orlando trading out Fournier to receive Derrick White is a value trade for the Magic. If the Magic simply resign Ross and Vučević, all that is needed to flush out the roster is to find Martin's replacement, perhaps via a trade with Augustin.

Having White and Fultz compete for the starting PG slot is intriguing.


..
Magic_Johnny12
General Manager
Posts: 8,881
And1: 6,421
Joined: Sep 27, 2013
Contact:
       

Re: What are your best Fournier trade proposals? 

Post#195 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Tue May 28, 2019 4:10 pm

A few from the top of my head.

Leuer
Galloway
#15

For

Fournier
#16

Exum
Crowder
#23

For

Fournier
#46

Roberson
Patterson
#21

For

Fournier
#46

Hayward
#14 (would even do it for #20)

For

Fournier
Mosgov
#46

Turner
#25

For

Fournier

*for the record I’m not on the trade for Conely train, I think it’s extremely premature and completely out of our timeline, but if we were to entertain a trade I would only want to give up Mosgov + Fournier + #16 OR a future FRP (definitely not both) for Conely + Anderson.

Also if there’s anyway we could get Convington and it includes us sending out Fournier and not giving up BIG you do it no questions asked.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
User avatar
drsd
RealGM
Posts: 27,102
And1: 4,134
Joined: Mar 16, 2003
     

Re: What are your best Fournier trade proposals? 

Post#196 » by drsd » Tue May 28, 2019 5:34 pm

Magic_Johnny12 wrote:Hayward
#14 (would even do it for #20)

For

Fournier
Mosgov
#46


If Orlando resigns Carter-Williams, Ross, and Vučević, at #16 the Magic could draft KZ Okpala and at #20, Tyler Herro.

Trade Augustin in a SnT for Frank Kaminsky. Resign Briscoe and Birch.

The Magic becomes:
Fultz/Carter-Williams/Briscoe
Hayward/Ross/Herro
Issac/Okpala/Frazier
Gordon/Kaminsky
Vučević/Bamba/Birch

That is a very long and tall team, and it has depth and room for growth.

There is a lot of gambling in this. i) Will Hayward return to a 19 ppg player? ii) Can Fultz play a healthy, starting-level season?
If the answers to those two questions are yes, this is a 50+win roster. If no, I see 35 wins.


..
Magic_Johnny12
General Manager
Posts: 8,881
And1: 6,421
Joined: Sep 27, 2013
Contact:
       

Re: What are your best Fournier trade proposals? 

Post#197 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Tue May 28, 2019 5:56 pm

drsd wrote:
Magic_Johnny12 wrote:Hayward
#14 (would even do it for #20)

For

Fournier
Mosgov
#46


If Orlando resigns Carter-Williams, Ross, and Vučević, at #16 the Magic could draft KZ Okpala and at #20, Tyler Herro.

Trade Augustin in a SnT for Frank Kaminsky. Resign Briscoe and Birch.

The Magic becomes:
Fultz/Carter-Williams/Briscoe
Hayward/Ross/Herro
Issac/Okpala/Frazier
Gordon/Kaminsky
Vučević/Bamba/Birch

There is a lot of gambling in this. i) Will Hayward return to a 19 ppg player? ii) Can Fultz play a healthy, starting-level season?
If the answers to those two questions are yes, this is a 50+win roster. If no, I see 35 wins.


..


That’s a 40 win roster regardless imho.

People don’t realize how much it would help Vucevic getting another capable scorer. Fultz even without a shot has elite vision and playmaking ability, if healthy even without a shot he’s contributing by day one.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
User avatar
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
Posts: 45,748
And1: 10,651
Joined: Oct 12, 2003
Location: In the Paint

Re: What are your best Fournier trade proposals? 

Post#198 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue May 28, 2019 6:09 pm

Magic_Johnny12 wrote:
drsd wrote:
Magic_Johnny12 wrote:Hayward
#14 (would even do it for #20)

For

Fournier
Mosgov
#46


If Orlando resigns Carter-Williams, Ross, and Vučević, at #16 the Magic could draft KZ Okpala and at #20, Tyler Herro.

Trade Augustin in a SnT for Frank Kaminsky. Resign Briscoe and Birch.

The Magic becomes:
Fultz/Carter-Williams/Briscoe
Hayward/Ross/Herro
Issac/Okpala/Frazier
Gordon/Kaminsky
Vučević/Bamba/Birch

There is a lot of gambling in this. i) Will Hayward return to a 19 ppg player? ii) Can Fultz play a healthy, starting-level season?
If the answers to those two questions are yes, this is a 50+win roster. If no, I see 35 wins.


..


That’s a 40 win roster regardless imho.

People don’t realize how much it would help Vucevic getting another capable scorer. Fultz even without a shot has elite vision and playmaking ability, if healthy even without a shot he’s contributing by day one.


Fultz may not even be able to play this upcoming season and people are already pencilling him in as a starter, lol. Besides the fact that Hayward is a SF and too slow for SG and Isaac does spend some time at PF, so I would pencil Isaac as starting SF as well as backup PF when Hayward or Ross is in there.
Image

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
OrlChamps2030
Head Coach
Posts: 6,942
And1: 3,512
Joined: Jul 18, 2009
   

Re: What are your best Fournier trade proposals? 

Post#199 » by OrlChamps2030 » Tue May 28, 2019 6:21 pm

drsd wrote:
Magic_Johnny12 wrote:Hayward
#14 (would even do it for #20)

For

Fournier
Mosgov
#46


If Orlando resigns Carter-Williams, Ross, and Vučević, at #16 the Magic could draft KZ Okpala and at #20, Tyler Herro.

Trade Augustin in a SnT for Frank Kaminsky. Resign Briscoe and Birch.

The Magic becomes:
Fultz/Carter-Williams/Briscoe
Hayward/Ross/Herro
Issac/Okpala/Frazier
Gordon/Kaminsky
Vučević/Bamba/Birch

That is a very long and tall team, and it has depth and room for growth.

There is a lot of gambling in this. i) Will Hayward return to a 19 ppg player? ii) Can Fultz play a healthy, starting-level season?
If the answers to those two questions are yes, this is a 50+win roster. If no, I see 35 wins.


..


If Fultz doesn’t get it together..which isn’t a given.. that PG rotation is as ugly as it gets
User avatar
Skin
RealGM
Posts: 14,869
And1: 6,827
Joined: Jul 03, 2009
   

Re: What are your best Fournier trade proposals? 

Post#200 » by Skin » Tue May 28, 2019 6:44 pm

Bensational wrote:I wonder if the Spurs and Lakers would consider this deal...

SAS
in - Ingram + Fournier
out - DeRozan + White

LAL
in - DeRozan
out - Ingram

ORL
in - White
out - Fournier

The Spurs have Murray on the way back anyway, so they have PG covered. The Lakers only really consider this if they strike out on other FAs and feel pressured to add more talent to LeBron sooner.

We'd wipe about $15M off our cap this way, too. Meaning, if we renounce all our FAs other than Vuc, we'd have $5M cap space + this $15M. Stretch Moz and it can get us to $25M, and within range to chase D'Lo. Or at the very least, we can make an offer to Brogdon.

Vuc/Bamba
Gordon/
Isaac/Iwundu
(Brogdon/D'Lo)/NAW/Frazier
White/Fultz/DJ

2 things... 1) White seems like a guy who will not play as well without Popovich and 2) I don't think I want another young PG competing with Fultz just yet.

Return to Orlando Magic