ImageImageImageImageImage

Free Agent Possibilities

Moderators: TyCobb, Kilroy, Danny Darko

User avatar
tviper
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,803
And1: 259
Joined: Nov 25, 2005

Re: Free Agent Possibilities 

Post#221 » by tviper » Thu May 23, 2019 3:43 pm

dockingsched wrote:I’m sorry but if the Lakers gave up Ingram, the 4th pick, and their cap space (which people seem to forget when discussing these packages) for freaking Bradley Beal I’d be so disappointed.


Right, it would have to be a last resort assuming they came up empty on a max player, and NO sent AD elsewhere. At that point regardless of what the trade looked like I think most would be disappointed.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
Posts: 10,657
And1: 1,238
Joined: Mar 14, 2002
Location: HOME OF THE 16 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Re: Free Agent Possibilities 

Post#222 » by LAKESHOW » Thu May 23, 2019 4:06 pm

4 and BI for beal? Whos sellin this stuff? The washington post?
Home of the 16 Time World Champions
Michael Lucky
RealGM
Posts: 11,299
And1: 4,708
Joined: Jan 02, 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
       

Re: Free Agent Possibilities 

Post#223 » by Michael Lucky » Thu May 23, 2019 4:14 pm

tviper wrote:
dockingsched wrote:I’m sorry but if the Lakers gave up Ingram, the 4th pick, and their cap space (which people seem to forget when discussing these packages) for freaking Bradley Beal I’d be so disappointed.


Right, it would have to be a last resort assuming they came up empty on a max player, and NO sent AD elsewhere. At that point regardless of what the trade looked like I think most would be disappointed.

Or we could simply not make the trade which would he a better choice. Lol
NBAWestFan
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,353
And1: 109
Joined: Mar 20, 2006

Re: Free Agent Possibilities 

Post#224 » by NBAWestFan » Thu May 23, 2019 4:41 pm

Two Players and youth should be the priority.

Don't get players just cause they were stars before.

I think the order i have them are.

1. Kawahi
2. KD
3. Klay
4. Butler

As for the #4 there is no way I'm trading it unless it is for a AD which will not happen through NO.

Look for a Dramon Green young Meta World Peace Ron Artest who can play the Stretch 4.

Add as many 3 point shooters as possible
King23James
Freshman
Posts: 90
And1: 38
Joined: May 23, 2019
   

Re: Free Agent Possibilities 

Post#225 » by King23James » Thu May 23, 2019 5:31 pm

Spens1 wrote:Rubio on the MLE if we get Kawhi, obviously its a paycut but it would be a paycut for a ring.


No Rubio. He is bad fit on this team. We need our PG to be ala derek fisher a 3 point shooter. kyrie etc.
Rondo - Rubio wont work with what we have.Its about fit more so then talent!
NBAWestFan
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,353
And1: 109
Joined: Mar 20, 2006

Re: Free Agent Possibilities 

Post#226 » by NBAWestFan » Thu May 23, 2019 8:03 pm

Klay gets snubbed off All NBA teams

Klay that would not happen as a LA Laker. Lot more recognition here
Ball so hard
Pro Prospect
Posts: 883
And1: 320
Joined: Jul 04, 2017
     

Re: Free Agent Possibilities 

Post#227 » by Ball so hard » Thu May 23, 2019 8:30 pm

NBAWestFan wrote:Klay gets snubbed off All NBA teams

Klay that would not happen as a LA Laker. Lot more recognition here


He didn't deserve it this year. He didn't get snubbed.
loveshaq786
Senior
Posts: 634
And1: 37
Joined: Jun 03, 2012

Re: Free Agent Possibilities 

Post#228 » by loveshaq786 » Fri May 24, 2019 5:36 am

tviper wrote:
dockingsched wrote:I’m sorry but if the Lakers gave up Ingram, the 4th pick, and their cap space (which people seem to forget when discussing these packages) for freaking Bradley Beal I’d be so disappointed.


Right, it would have to be a last resort assuming they came up empty on a max player, and NO sent AD elsewhere. At that point regardless of what the trade looked like I think most would be disappointed.


Exactly... Ingram and a future first... Sure
User avatar
TGW
General Manager
Posts: 9,187
And1: 3,128
Joined: Oct 22, 2010

Re: Free Agent Possibilities 

Post#229 » by TGW » Fri May 24, 2019 1:50 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:4 and BI for beal? Whos sellin this stuff? The washington post?


LOL the Wizards wouldn't even take that terrible package. Ingram is a bust and the 4th pick in a two man draft is basically no better than a mid-lottery pick.
User avatar
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
Posts: 37,153
And1: 8,668
Joined: Apr 17, 2005
Location: Pitcher's Mound
     

Re: Free Agent Possibilities 

Post#230 » by TyCobb » Fri May 24, 2019 2:07 pm

18 a game on 49% shooting is a huge bust!
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
User avatar
TGW
General Manager
Posts: 9,187
And1: 3,128
Joined: Oct 22, 2010

Re: Free Agent Possibilities 

Post#231 » by TGW » Fri May 24, 2019 2:12 pm

TyCobb wrote:18 a game on 49% shooting is a huge bust!


C'mon dude. You know that's a pre-school way of evaluating a player.

Ingram is below average in several different metrics, including VORP, BPM, OWS, PER. He regressed from last season. He's not durable. He doesn't have the value you and other Lakers' fans think he does.

Beal is like, twice the player.
tamaraw08
Sophomore
Posts: 231
And1: 38
Joined: Feb 13, 2019
     

Re: Free Agent Possibilities 

Post#232 » by tamaraw08 » Fri May 24, 2019 2:47 pm

TGW wrote:
TyCobb wrote:18 a game on 49% shooting is a huge bust!


C'mon dude. You know that's a pre-school way of evaluating a player.

Ingram is below average in several different metrics, including VORP, BPM, OWS, PER. He regressed from last season. He's not durable. He doesn't have the value you and other Lakers' fans think he does.

Beal is like, twice the player.

You declaring a 21 yr old who averaged 18pts, 50%FG, 55.5 TS% a bust?Sure his advanced stats are not great but again he is 21 years old having to adjust to Lebron and his very young teammates in a very tough WCF :o Would you like me to remind you Beal's stats at 21 years old.
Here it is. 15 pts/game, at 42.7%, 52.1%TS%, PER of 14, PBM of .5, VORP of 1.3.
tamaraw08
Sophomore
Posts: 231
And1: 38
Joined: Feb 13, 2019
     

Re: Free Agent Possibilities 

Post#233 » by tamaraw08 » Fri May 24, 2019 3:12 pm

Danny Darko wrote:What does 19 mill get us?

[youtube]
Read on Twitter
[/youtube]


I find it shocking that some here want to use that precious projected 19 Mil cap space on a center like Horford or Marc Gasol etc when they had McGee for 2.3 mil with a PER of 21.8. His stats per 100 possessions are actually higher than Al Horford. I am not saying he is better than Al but the impact of a wing player or a PG is must more than a center right now.The past champs GSW, the past Cavs, the Spurs with the very old Duncan and other finalists have not relied heavily on centers. Even the teams that are still playing right now in the East. Yes, Brook, Gasol and Ilyasova had 1-2 bright moments, but mostly it's the wing players and SFs who are stamping their mark on the games, from Kawhi, Giannis, Siakam, Middleton, Lowry etc etc. Portland lost Nurkic and still went to the WCF as compared to teams who had the best big men like the TWolves, Sixers, Spurs, Nuggets etc. Drummond, D'Andre Jordan used to be tigers on the defensive end, blocking shots and rebounding etc and yet, their effect on teams are hardly felt the past 3 years. Not a few were furious when the Lakers traded Zubac and yet Rivers chose to sit him too at very long periods of time.
For 19 Mil, If I am the Lakers, I would retain Mcgee for hopefully 4 Mil, use about 5-7 Mil preferably on Beverley, having Collison as fall back, both play good defense with a pretty good career above 38% from the 3pt area and 8 million on another 3 &D player like Danny Green 45.5% from the 3pt area, VORP OF 2.7, BPM of 2.9 last season or Wes Matthews career ave of 38.2% from the 3pt area.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
Posts: 10,657
And1: 1,238
Joined: Mar 14, 2002
Location: HOME OF THE 16 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Re: Free Agent Possibilities 

Post#234 » by LAKESHOW » Fri May 24, 2019 3:19 pm

TGW wrote:
LAKESHOW wrote:4 and BI for beal? Whos sellin this stuff? The washington post?


LOL the Wizards wouldn't even take that terrible package. Ingram is a bust and the 4th pick in a two man draft is basically no better than a mid-lottery pick.

I found the dealer!
Home of the 16 Time World Champions
User avatar
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 11,381
And1: 10,188
Joined: Jul 13, 2014

Re: Free Agent Possibilities 

Post#235 » by zimpy27 » Fri May 24, 2019 3:22 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:
Danny Darko wrote:What does 19 mill get us?

[youtube]
Read on Twitter
[/youtube]


I find it shocking that some here want to use that precious projected 19 Mil cap space on a center like Horford or Marc Gasol etc when they had McGee for 2.3 mil with a PER of 21.8. His stats per 100 possessions are actually higher than Al Horford. I am not saying he is better than Al but the impact of a wing player or a PG is must more than a center right now.The past champs GSW, the past Cavs, the Spurs with the very old Duncan and other finalists have not relied heavily on centers. Even the teams that are still playing right now in the East. Yes, Brook, Gasol and Ilyasova had 1-2 bright moments, but mostly it's the wing players and SFs who are stamping their mark on the games, from Kawhi, Giannis, Siakam, Middleton, Lowry etc etc. Portland lost Nurkic and still went to the WCF as compared to teams who had the best big men like the TWolves, Sixers, Spurs, Nuggets etc. Drummond, D'Andre Jordan used to be tigers on the defensive end, blocking shots and rebounding etc and yet, their effect on teams are hardly felt the past 3 years. Not a few were furious when the Lakers traded Zubac and yet Rivers chose to sit him too at very long periods of time.
For 19 Mil, If I am the Lakers, I would retain Mcgee for hopefully 4 Mil, use about 5-7 Mil preferably on Beverley, having Collison as fall back, both play good defense with a pretty good career above 38% from the 3pt area and 8 million on another 3 &D player like Danny Green 45.5% from the 3pt area, VORP OF 2.7, BPM of 2.9 last season or Wes Matthews career ave of 38.2% from the 3pt area.


Vucevic is the play with that money tbh.

McGee is not good, he has nice energy stats but his impacts stats are really bad, ranked 63 of 72 Centers in the league.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
tamaraw08
Sophomore
Posts: 231
And1: 38
Joined: Feb 13, 2019
     

Re: Free Agent Possibilities 

Post#236 » by tamaraw08 » Fri May 24, 2019 5:27 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
tamaraw08 wrote:
Danny Darko wrote:What does 19 mill get us?

[youtube]
Read on Twitter
[/youtube]


I find it shocking that some here want to use that precious projected 19 Mil cap space on a center like Horford or Marc Gasol etc when they had McGee for 2.3 mil with a PER of 21.8. His stats per 100 possessions are actually higher than Al Horford. I am not saying he is better than Al but the impact of a wing player or a PG is must more than a center right now.The past champs GSW, the past Cavs, the Spurs with the very old Duncan and other finalists have not relied heavily on centers. Even the teams that are still playing right now in the East. Yes, Brook, Gasol and Ilyasova had 1-2 bright moments, but mostly it's the wing players and SFs who are stamping their mark on the games, from Kawhi, Giannis, Siakam, Middleton, Lowry etc etc. Portland lost Nurkic and still went to the WCF as compared to teams who had the best big men like the TWolves, Sixers, Spurs, Nuggets etc. Drummond, D'Andre Jordan used to be tigers on the defensive end, blocking shots and rebounding etc and yet, their effect on teams are hardly felt the past 3 years. Not a few were furious when the Lakers traded Zubac and yet Rivers chose to sit him too at very long periods of time.
For 19 Mil, If I am the Lakers, I would retain Mcgee for hopefully 4 Mil, use about 5-7 Mil preferably on Beverley, having Collison as fall back, both play good defense with a pretty good career above 38% from the 3pt area and 8 million on another 3 &D player like Danny Green 45.5% from the 3pt area, VORP OF 2.7, BPM of 2.9 last season or Wes Matthews career ave of 38.2% from the 3pt area.


Vucevic is the play with that money tbh.

McGee is not good, he has nice energy stats but his impacts stats are really bad, ranked 63 of 72 Centers in the league.

I am not saying Vucevic is a bad player but I would be hesitant to give most of the precious $ on a center who has relatively less impact than a wing player. The guy has good regular season stats but was barely effective in the playoffs registering 11 pts, 8 rebs at 36% FG%, ranked 38th DRTG, 23rd in ORTG, 34th in NETRTG for just centers. The teams like GSW and other clubs that went deep the past several years have relied less on centers as compared to wing players.
User avatar
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 11,381
And1: 10,188
Joined: Jul 13, 2014

Re: Free Agent Possibilities 

Post#237 » by zimpy27 » Fri May 24, 2019 5:43 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
tamaraw08 wrote:
I find it shocking that some here want to use that precious projected 19 Mil cap space on a center like Horford or Marc Gasol etc when they had McGee for 2.3 mil with a PER of 21.8. His stats per 100 possessions are actually higher than Al Horford. I am not saying he is better than Al but the impact of a wing player or a PG is must more than a center right now.The past champs GSW, the past Cavs, the Spurs with the very old Duncan and other finalists have not relied heavily on centers. Even the teams that are still playing right now in the East. Yes, Brook, Gasol and Ilyasova had 1-2 bright moments, but mostly it's the wing players and SFs who are stamping their mark on the games, from Kawhi, Giannis, Siakam, Middleton, Lowry etc etc. Portland lost Nurkic and still went to the WCF as compared to teams who had the best big men like the TWolves, Sixers, Spurs, Nuggets etc. Drummond, D'Andre Jordan used to be tigers on the defensive end, blocking shots and rebounding etc and yet, their effect on teams are hardly felt the past 3 years. Not a few were furious when the Lakers traded Zubac and yet Rivers chose to sit him too at very long periods of time.
For 19 Mil, If I am the Lakers, I would retain Mcgee for hopefully 4 Mil, use about 5-7 Mil preferably on Beverley, having Collison as fall back, both play good defense with a pretty good career above 38% from the 3pt area and 8 million on another 3 &D player like Danny Green 45.5% from the 3pt area, VORP OF 2.7, BPM of 2.9 last season or Wes Matthews career ave of 38.2% from the 3pt area.


Vucevic is the play with that money tbh.

McGee is not good, he has nice energy stats but his impacts stats are really bad, ranked 63 of 72 Centers in the league.

I am not saying Vucevic is a bad player but I would be hesitant to give most of the precious $ on a center who has relatively less impact than a wing player. The guy has good regular season stats but was barely effective in the playoffs registering 11 pts, 8 rebs at 36% FG%, ranked 38th DRTG, 23rd in ORTG, 34th in NETRTG for just centers. The teams like GSW and other clubs that went deep the past several years have relied less on centers as compared to wing players.


He was bad against Gasol, that's probably the only player that could stop him. He's the reason Vuc probably won't get a max contract, Lakers should use that to their advantage.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
TKainZero
Head Coach
Posts: 6,352
And1: 3,096
Joined: Jul 31, 2014
       

Re: Free Agent Possibilities 

Post#238 » by TKainZero » Fri May 24, 2019 10:43 pm

Looks like kyrie to the lakers is a real possibility (better than 50% chance)

Not sure how I feel about it
loveshaq786
Senior
Posts: 634
And1: 37
Joined: Jun 03, 2012

Re: Free Agent Possibilities 

Post#239 » by loveshaq786 » Fri May 24, 2019 11:43 pm

If Bradley Beal is going to take Ingram and the 4th pick, then I say we should just skip on that. I'm sure Philadelphia would take Ingram and do a sign-and-trade for Butler, rather than losing him for nothing.
RamonSessions7
General Manager
Posts: 9,606
And1: 2,042
Joined: Feb 21, 2009
   

Re: Free Agent Possibilities 

Post#240 » by RamonSessions7 » Fri May 24, 2019 11:56 pm

loveshaq786 wrote:If Bradley Beal is going to take Ingram and the 4th pick, then I say we should just skip on that. I'm sure Philadelphia would take Ingram and do a sign-and-trade for Butler, rather than losing him for nothing.

why are we giving Ingram up for something we could get for cap space?
Image

Return to Los Angeles Lakers