ImageImageImageImageImage

Free Agent Possibilities

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

tviper
Sixth Man
And1: 260

Re: Free Agent Possibilities 

Post#221 » by tviper » Thu May 23, 2019 3:43 pm

dockingsched wrote:I’m sorry but if the Lakers gave up Ingram, the 4th pick, and their cap space (which people seem to forget when discussing these packages) for freaking Bradley Beal I’d be so disappointed.

Right, it would have to be a last resort assuming they came up empty on a max player, and NO sent AD elsewhere. At that point regardless of what the trade looked like I think most would be disappointed.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,190

Post#222 » by LAKESHOW » Thu May 23, 2019 4:06 pm

4 and BI for beal? Whos sellin this stuff? The washington post?
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#223 » by Michael Lucky » Thu May 23, 2019 4:14 pm

tviper wrote:
dockingsched wrote:I’m sorry but if the Lakers gave up Ingram, the 4th pick, and their cap space (which people seem to forget when discussing these packages) for freaking Bradley Beal I’d be so disappointed.

Right, it would have to be a last resort assuming they came up empty on a max player, and NO sent AD elsewhere. At that point regardless of what the trade looked like I think most would be disappointed.

Or we could simply not make the trade which would he a better choice. Lol
NBAWestFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 122

Post#224 » by NBAWestFan » Thu May 23, 2019 4:41 pm

Two Players and youth should be the priority.

Don't get players just cause they were stars before.

I think the order i have them are.

1. Kawahi
2. KD
3. Klay
4. Butler

As for the #4 there is no way I'm trading it unless it is for a AD which will not happen through NO.

Look for a Dramon Green young Meta World Peace Ron Artest who can play the Stretch 4.

Add as many 3 point shooters as possible
King23James
Freshman
And1: 38

Post#225 » by King23James » Thu May 23, 2019 5:31 pm

Spens1 wrote:Rubio on the MLE if we get Kawhi, obviously its a paycut but it would be a paycut for a ring.

No Rubio. He is bad fit on this team. We need our PG to be ala derek fisher a 3 point shooter. kyrie etc.
Rondo - Rubio wont work with what we have.Its about fit more so then talent!
NBAWestFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 122

Post#226 » by NBAWestFan » Thu May 23, 2019 8:03 pm

Klay gets snubbed off All NBA teams

Klay that would not happen as a LA Laker. Lot more recognition here
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 677

Post#227 » by Ball so hard » Thu May 23, 2019 8:30 pm

NBAWestFan wrote:Klay gets snubbed off All NBA teams

Klay that would not happen as a LA Laker. Lot more recognition here

He didn't deserve it this year. He didn't get snubbed.
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect
And1: 86

Post#228 » by loveshaq786 » Fri May 24, 2019 5:36 am

tviper wrote:

Exactly... Ingram and a future first... Sure
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,890

Post#229 » by TGW » Fri May 24, 2019 1:50 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:4 and BI for beal? Whos sellin this stuff? The washington post?

LOL the Wizards wouldn't even take that terrible package. Ingram is a bust and the 4th pick in a two man draft is basically no better than a mid-lottery pick.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,818

Post#230 » by TyCobb » Fri May 24, 2019 2:07 pm

18 a game on 49% shooting is a huge bust!
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,890

Post#231 » by TGW » Fri May 24, 2019 2:12 pm

TyCobb wrote:18 a game on 49% shooting is a huge bust!

C'mon dude. You know that's a pre-school way of evaluating a player.

Ingram is below average in several different metrics, including VORP, BPM, OWS, PER. He regressed from last season. He's not durable. He doesn't have the value you and other Lakers' fans think he does.

Beal is like, twice the player.
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,287

Post#232 » by tamaraw08 » Fri May 24, 2019 2:47 pm

TGW wrote:
TyCobb wrote:18 a game on 49% shooting is a huge bust!

C'mon dude. You know that's a pre-school way of evaluating a player.

Ingram is below average in several different metrics, including VORP, BPM, OWS, PER. He regressed from last season. He's not durable. He doesn't have the value you and other Lakers' fans think he does.

Beal is like, twice the player.

You declaring a 21 yr old who averaged 18pts, 50%FG, 55.5 TS% a bust?Sure his advanced stats are not great but again he is 21 years old having to adjust to Lebron and his very young teammates in a very tough WCF :o Would you like me to remind you Beal's stats at 21 years old.
Here it is. 15 pts/game, at 42.7%, 52.1%TS%, PER of 14, PBM of .5, VORP of 1.3.
tamaraw08
Analyst

Post#233 » by tamaraw08 » Fri May 24, 2019 3:12 pm

Danny Darko wrote:What does 19 mill get us?

[youtube]
Read on Twitter
[/youtube]

I find it shocking that some here want to use that precious projected 19 Mil cap space on a center like Horford or Marc Gasol etc when they had McGee for 2.3 mil with a PER of 21.8. His stats per 100 possessions are actually higher than Al Horford. I am not saying he is better than Al but the impact of a wing player or a PG is must more than a center right now.The past champs GSW, the past Cavs, the Spurs with the very old Duncan and other finalists have not relied heavily on centers. Even the teams that are still playing right now in the East. Yes, Brook, Gasol and Ilyasova had 1-2 bright moments, but mostly it's the wing players and SFs who are stamping their mark on the games, from Kawhi, Giannis, Siakam, Middleton, Lowry etc etc. Portland lost Nurkic and still went to the WCF as compared to teams who had the best big men like the TWolves, Sixers, Spurs, Nuggets etc. Drummond, D'Andre Jordan used to be tigers on the defensive end, blocking shots and rebounding etc and yet, their effect on teams are hardly felt the past 3 years. Not a few were furious when the Lakers traded Zubac and yet Rivers chose to sit him too at very long periods of time.
For 19 Mil, If I am the Lakers, I would retain Mcgee for hopefully 4 Mil, use about 5-7 Mil preferably on Beverley, having Collison as fall back, both play good defense with a pretty good career above 38% from the 3pt area and 8 million on another 3 &D player like Danny Green 45.5% from the 3pt area, VORP OF 2.7, BPM of 2.9 last season or Wes Matthews career ave of 38.2% from the 3pt area.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,190

Post#234 » by LAKESHOW » Fri May 24, 2019 3:19 pm

TGW wrote:
LAKESHOW wrote:4 and BI for beal? Whos sellin this stuff? The washington post?

LOL the Wizards wouldn't even take that terrible package. Ingram is a bust and the 4th pick in a two man draft is basically no better than a mid-lottery pick.

I found the dealer!
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,977

Post#235 » by zimpy27 » Fri May 24, 2019 3:22 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:

[youtube]
Read on Twitter
[/youtube]

I find it shocking that some here want to use that precious projected 19 Mil cap space on a center like Horford or Marc Gasol etc when they had McGee for 2.3 mil with a PER of 21.8. His stats per 100 possessions are actually higher than Al Horford. I am not saying he is better than Al but the impact of a wing player or a PG is must more than a center right now.The past champs GSW, the past Cavs, the Spurs with the very old Duncan and other finalists have not relied heavily on centers. Even the teams that are still playing right now in the East. Yes, Brook, Gasol and Ilyasova had 1-2 bright moments, but mostly it's the wing players and SFs who are stamping their mark on the games, from Kawhi, Giannis, Siakam, Middleton, Lowry etc etc. Portland lost Nurkic and still went to the WCF as compared to teams who had the best big men like the TWolves, Sixers, Spurs, Nuggets etc. Drummond, D'Andre Jordan used to be tigers on the defensive end, blocking shots and rebounding etc and yet, their effect on teams are hardly felt the past 3 years. Not a few were furious when the Lakers traded Zubac and yet Rivers chose to sit him too at very long periods of time.
For 19 Mil, If I am the Lakers, I would retain Mcgee for hopefully 4 Mil, use about 5-7 Mil preferably on Beverley, having Collison as fall back, both play good defense with a pretty good career above 38% from the 3pt area and 8 million on another 3 &D player like Danny Green 45.5% from the 3pt area, VORP OF 2.7, BPM of 2.9 last season or Wes Matthews career ave of 38.2% from the 3pt area.

Vucevic is the play with that money tbh.

McGee is not good, he has nice energy stats but his impacts stats are really bad, ranked 63 of 72 Centers in the league.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
tamaraw08
Analyst

Post#236 » by tamaraw08 » Fri May 24, 2019 5:27 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
tamaraw08 wrote:

[youtube]
Read on Twitter
[/youtube]

McGee is not good, he has nice energy stats but his impacts stats are really bad, ranked 63 of 72 Centers in the league.

I am not saying Vucevic is a bad player but I would be hesitant to give most of the precious $ on a center who has relatively less impact than a wing player. The guy has good regular season stats but was barely effective in the playoffs registering 11 pts, 8 rebs at 36% FG%, ranked 38th DRTG, 23rd in ORTG, 34th in NETRTG for just centers. The teams like GSW and other clubs that went deep the past several years have relied less on centers as compared to wing players.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,977

Post#237 » by zimpy27 » Fri May 24, 2019 5:43 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
tamaraw08 wrote:

I am not saying Vucevic is a bad player but I would be hesitant to give most of the precious $ on a center who has relatively less impact than a wing player. The guy has good regular season stats but was barely effective in the playoffs registering 11 pts, 8 rebs at 36% FG%, ranked 38th DRTG, 23rd in ORTG, 34th in NETRTG for just centers. The teams like GSW and other clubs that went deep the past several years have relied less on centers as compared to wing players.

He was bad against Gasol, that's probably the only player that could stop him. He's the reason Vuc probably won't get a max contract, Lakers should use that to their advantage.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#238 » by TKainZero » Fri May 24, 2019 10:43 pm

Looks like kyrie to the lakers is a real possibility (better than 50% chance)

Not sure how I feel about it
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect
And1: 86

Post#239 » by loveshaq786 » Fri May 24, 2019 11:43 pm

If Bradley Beal is going to take Ingram and the 4th pick, then I say we should just skip on that. I'm sure Philadelphia would take Ingram and do a sign-and-trade for Butler, rather than losing him for nothing.
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,036

Post#240 » by RamonSessions7 » Fri May 24, 2019 11:56 pm

loveshaq786 wrote:If Bradley Beal is going to take Ingram and the 4th pick, then I say we should just skip on that. I'm sure Philadelphia would take Ingram and do a sign-and-trade for Butler, rather than losing him for nothing.

why are we giving Ingram up for something we could get for cap space?

Return to Los Angeles Lakers