ImageImage

Bucks sign Robin Lopez!!!!

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

JHSFIVE
Starter
And1: 214

Re: Bucks sign Robin Lopez!!!! 

Post#321 » by JHSFIVE » Tue Jul 2, 2019 5:31 pm

It's going to be fun to watch what this signing brings to the team. Rolo is a very smart, physical, passionate player that every opposing team knows that they're in for a night when he's out there and having him reunite w Brook should only amplify all of that. While the wing situation leaves a little bit left to be desired, I think the bigs situation is very, very solid.
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#322 » by DrWood » Wed Jul 3, 2019 12:21 am

Dante80 wrote:
DrWood wrote:
Dante80 wrote:RoLo is a very good sign. He is a solid Center, we get him for cheap, will fit the team well and also start hitting them threes. Also, the brother memes!!

$4.76 million a year isn't cheap.

If one twentieth of the yearly cap is too expensive for our main backup C, I really don't know what cheap is. You cannot expect to take all players for the minimum.

I really cannot find any fault with this signing, especially when seeing the FA alternatives on the position.

It takes a big man to admit it.
I honor you, sir.
MAC1987
Starter
And1: 526

Post#323 » by MAC1987 » Wed Jul 3, 2019 11:57 am

raferfenix wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
old skool wrote:The Bucks don't need Robin to be a 3-point shooter. They need him to defend and rebound when Brook is off the court. The Bucks would have been in big trouble if Brook had been out for any extended period last year. They were very thin at backup center. Asking Ilyasova to guard Embiid for even a few minutes was pretty ridiculous. .

The other guy we haven’t mentioned is Marc Gasol. This move also was done to help there. There were times against Toronto where you could just see Ersan grimace that he had to body him up.

As much as people like the idea of Giannis playing center, I don’t think Giannis cares for that idea.

Hadn't seen the Nehm article until ESBF posted excerpts above.

“If my back is hurting, I’m daaaaaammmn sure his back is hurting,” Antetokounmpo said. “

It's also a good point that Horford and Bayens in Boston is one thing, Gasol + Siakam + Ibaka flanked by Kawhi is another.

Sure the Raptors could be out if Kawhi goes.

Either way the Sixers swapping Butler for Horford + Josh Richardson (basically) with Embiid in tow does not make Giannis' job easier.

Will we ever see a lineup with like below? Some of these quotes from Giannis about guarding Horford is interesting and Giannis's wear and tear is a direct reason we are going to make dam sure we have players like the Lopez brothers AND Ersan....

Bledsoe
Midds
Giannis
Lopez
Lopez
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,268

Post#324 » by KidA24 » Wed Jul 3, 2019 5:37 pm

MAC1987 wrote:
raferfenix wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
The other guy we haven’t mentioned is Marc Gasol. This move also was done to help there. There were times against Toronto where you could just see Ersan grimace that he had to body him up.

As much as people like the idea of Giannis playing center, I don’t think Giannis cares for that idea.

Hadn't seen the Nehm article until ESBF posted excerpts above.

“If my back is hurting, I’m daaaaaammmn sure his back is hurting,” Antetokounmpo said. “

It's also a good point that Horford and Bayens in Boston is one thing, Gasol + Siakam + Ibaka flanked by Kawhi is another.

Sure the Raptors could be out if Kawhi goes.

Either way the Sixers swapping Butler for Horford + Josh Richardson (basically) with Embiid in tow does not make Giannis' job easier.

Will we ever see a lineup with like below? Some of these quotes from Giannis about guarding Horford is interesting and Giannis's wear and tear is a direct reason we are going to make dam sure we have players like the Lopez brothers AND Ersan....

Bledsoe
Midds
Giannis
Lopez
Lopez

BIGGER!

Giannis
Midds
Ersan
Lopez
Lopez
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,570

Post#325 » by JayMKE » Wed Jul 3, 2019 6:33 pm

At the very least I expect some laughs between Robin and Brook's goofy antics
FREE GIANNIS
truly
Starter
And1: 2,085

Post#326 » by truly » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:34 am

I am already loving Robin..This is going to be a fun season :D

Read on Twitter
Baddy Chuck wrote:
Oscar71 wrote:
Did you really just post a lineup with the starting 2 guard being JR Smith?

Our actual management posted a lineup with the starting 2 guard being Tony Snell.
Douggystyle29
Junior
And1: 37

Post#327 » by Douggystyle29 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:35 am

[quote="M-C-G"]This is a good deal that will save Giannis a lot of wear and tear from playing too many minutes at the five. Other than the Middleton five year which I would have easily did the sign and trade with him and keep Brogdon, I am pretty happy with an incredibly difficult off season to manage.
I agree. I would have kept Brogdon and done a sign and trade for Middleton. That and trading our first round pick I am pretty happy with the way things are shaking out.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#328 » by Ruzious » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:23 pm

JHSFIVE wrote:It's going to be fun to watch what this signing brings to the team. Rolo is a very smart, physical, passionate player that every opposing team knows that they're in for a night when he's out there and having him reunite w Brook should only amplify all of that. While the wing situation leaves a little bit left to be desired, I think the bigs situation is very, very solid.

He does seem like a bull in a china shop at times, but yeah - he's earned a lot of respect in his career, and he generally gets the job done. Good reserve center.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,710

Post#329 » by AussieBuck » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:38 pm

Thread title still makes me chuckle. I imagine he's here for Philly so I'm cool with it. Hope he can hit threes.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,047

Post#330 » by MVP2110 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:25 am

Anyone think it's possible, specifically against Philly, that we see both Lopez Bros out there at the same time
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,223

Post#331 » by rilamann » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:29 am

MVP2110 wrote:Anyone think it's possible, specifically against Philly, that we see both Lopez Bros out there at the same time

2 Lopezs at the same time man.

Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,903

Post#332 » by theFireBlanket » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:22 pm

DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,176

Post#333 » by Iheartfootball » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:00 am

theFireBlanket wrote:https://www.star2.com/people/2017/11/26/a-love-for-sports/

Thanks for sharing that. Sounds like a healthy environment to grow up in with the right mix of priorities. Actually makes me feel better about these two as human beings. Glad they are representing the Bucks and MKE. My favorite quote:

“But there wasn’t so much competition within the family,” Ledford said. “What we had more was support.”
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,908

Post#334 » by Brewhoopfan » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:22 pm

Anyone else impressed with this guy? I thought he was a quality player, but I really like what I see so far. The hook with either hand is $$$ from 8' and in. Last night, he sprints the left wing to the arc, takes the cross-court dime from DDV and rises up like he's been doing it his whole life. Boom. Beautiful. The guy obviously has some edge too, as evidenced by showing his brother how not to get dunked on by KAT. It will be a fun season.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,328

Post#335 » by crkone » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:26 pm

Yeah the Bucks got a legit C, who should be starting for a Boston or either LA team, as a backup.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,889

Post#336 » by jschligs » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:28 pm

Brewhoopfan wrote:Anyone else impressed with this guy? I thought he was a quality player, but I really like what I see so far. The hook with either hand is $$$ from 8' and in. Last night, he sprints the left wing to the arc, takes the cross-court dime from DDV and rises up like he's been doing it his whole life. Boom. Beautiful. The guy obviously has some edge too, as evidenced by showing his brother how not to get dunked on by KAT. It will be a fun season.

He is a great cheap signing. Love the move and going to love watching him and Brook all season. It's going to be a ridiculously fun season.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,570

Post#337 » by JayMKE » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:56 pm

He's a legit center and can compliment his brother well being more defensive orientated, they're both going to be a lot of fun to have on the team for us fans and I think our team too. This should be a great environment to learn and play in, it's pretty neat to have two sets of brothers on the team and a mix of crafty vets and young guns waiting to break out. DJ, Bender, Donte, Sterling, even Frank Mason are all guys that I think could be solid contributors or nice assets later on. Hopefully we have a lot more tea from 3 or whatever hahaha.
FREE GIANNIS
Lippo
Lead Assistant
And1: 945

Post#338 » by Lippo » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:06 pm

Used to say: "Think we can talk Robin into getting a hair cut to match Brook, then if one gets in foul trouble we can jersey swap in the locker room...depending on what we need."

Now that Robin can make it rain, no need :)))))
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,047

Post#339 » by MVP2110 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:30 pm

I think Robin might be the most underrated signing across the whole league. He seems like he's going to be able to dominate other backup bigs
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
Bucknado
Sixth Man
And1: 1,195

Post#340 » by Bucknado » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:33 pm

MVP2110 wrote:I think Robin might be the most underrated signing across the whole league. He seems like he's going to be able to dominate other backup bigs

So he’s this year’s Brook? Is there a third Lopez for next year?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks