ImageImage

Bucks sign Robin Lopez!!!!

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

User avatar
JHSFIVE
Starter
Posts: 2,456
And1: 198
Joined: Jan 27, 2003

Re: Bucks sign Robin Lopez!!!! 

Post#321 » by JHSFIVE » Tue Jul 2, 2019 5:31 pm

It's going to be fun to watch what this signing brings to the team. Rolo is a very smart, physical, passionate player that every opposing team knows that they're in for a night when he's out there and having him reunite w Brook should only amplify all of that. While the wing situation leaves a little bit left to be desired, I think the bigs situation is very, very solid.
DrWood
Veteran
Posts: 2,604
And1: 820
Joined: Jul 08, 2014
     

Re: Bucks sign Robin Lopez!!!! 

Post#322 » by DrWood » Wed Jul 3, 2019 12:21 am

Dante80 wrote:
DrWood wrote:
Dante80 wrote:RoLo is a very good sign. He is a solid Center, we get him for cheap, will fit the team well and also start hitting them threes. Also, the brother memes!!

$4.76 million a year isn't cheap.


If one twentieth of the yearly cap is too expensive for our main backup C, I really don't know what cheap is. You cannot expect to take all players for the minimum.

I really cannot find any fault with this signing, especially when seeing the FA alternatives on the position.

It takes a big man to admit it.
I honor you, sir.
MAC1987
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,492
And1: 345
Joined: Jan 27, 2018

Re: Bucks sign Robin Lopez!!!! 

Post#323 » by MAC1987 » Wed Jul 3, 2019 11:57 am

raferfenix wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
old skool wrote:The Bucks don't need Robin to be a 3-point shooter. They need him to defend and rebound when Brook is off the court. The Bucks would have been in big trouble if Brook had been out for any extended period last year. They were very thin at backup center. Asking Ilyasova to guard Embiid for even a few minutes was pretty ridiculous. .


The other guy we haven’t mentioned is Marc Gasol. This move also was done to help there. There were times against Toronto where you could just see Ersan grimace that he had to body him up.

As much as people like the idea of Giannis playing center, I don’t think Giannis cares for that idea.


Hadn't seen the Nehm article until ESBF posted excerpts above.

“If my back is hurting, I’m daaaaaammmn sure his back is hurting,” Antetokounmpo said. “


It's also a good point that Horford and Bayens in Boston is one thing, Gasol + Siakam + Ibaka flanked by Kawhi is another.

Sure the Raptors could be out if Kawhi goes.

Either way the Sixers swapping Butler for Horford + Josh Richardson (basically) with Embiid in tow does not make Giannis' job easier.


Will we ever see a lineup with like below? Some of these quotes from Giannis about guarding Horford is interesting and Giannis's wear and tear is a direct reason we are going to make dam sure we have players like the Lopez brothers AND Ersan....

Bledsoe
Midds
Giannis
Lopez
Lopez
"Must win"
KidA24
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,528
And1: 2,050
Joined: Nov 01, 2012

Re: Bucks sign Robin Lopez!!!! 

Post#324 » by KidA24 » Wed Jul 3, 2019 5:37 pm

MAC1987 wrote:
raferfenix wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
The other guy we haven’t mentioned is Marc Gasol. This move also was done to help there. There were times against Toronto where you could just see Ersan grimace that he had to body him up.

As much as people like the idea of Giannis playing center, I don’t think Giannis cares for that idea.


Hadn't seen the Nehm article until ESBF posted excerpts above.

“If my back is hurting, I’m daaaaaammmn sure his back is hurting,” Antetokounmpo said. “


It's also a good point that Horford and Bayens in Boston is one thing, Gasol + Siakam + Ibaka flanked by Kawhi is another.

Sure the Raptors could be out if Kawhi goes.

Either way the Sixers swapping Butler for Horford + Josh Richardson (basically) with Embiid in tow does not make Giannis' job easier.


Will we ever see a lineup with like below? Some of these quotes from Giannis about guarding Horford is interesting and Giannis's wear and tear is a direct reason we are going to make dam sure we have players like the Lopez brothers AND Ersan....

Bledsoe
Midds
Giannis
Lopez
Lopez



BIGGER!

Giannis
Midds
Ersan
Lopez
Lopez
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
User avatar
JayMKE
RealGM
Posts: 18,816
And1: 5,854
Joined: Jun 21, 2010
Location: MI
     

Re: Bucks sign Robin Lopez!!!! 

Post#325 » by JayMKE » Wed Jul 3, 2019 6:33 pm

At the very least I expect some laughs between Robin and Brook's goofy antics
FREE GIANNIS
User avatar
truly
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,360
And1: 1,143
Joined: Feb 05, 2016
   

Re: Bucks sign Robin Lopez!!!! 

Post#326 » by truly » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:34 am

I am already loving Robin..This is going to be a fun season :D

Read on Twitter
Baddy Chuck wrote:
Oscar71 wrote:
Did you really just post a lineup with the starting 2 guard being JR Smith?

Our actual management posted a lineup with the starting 2 guard being Tony Snell.
Douggystyle29
Junior
Posts: 297
And1: 35
Joined: Jun 14, 2010

Re: Bucks sign Robin Lopez!!!! 

Post#327 » by Douggystyle29 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:35 am

[quote="M-C-G"]This is a good deal that will save Giannis a lot of wear and tear from playing too many minutes at the five. Other than the Middleton five year which I would have easily did the sign and trade with him and keep Brogdon, I am pretty happy with an incredibly difficult off season to manage.
I agree. I would have kept Brogdon and done a sign and trade for Middleton. That and trading our first round pick I am pretty happy with the way things are shaking out.
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 38,248
And1: 5,383
Joined: Jul 17, 2001
       

Re: Bucks sign Robin Lopez!!!! 

Post#328 » by Ruzious » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:23 pm

JHSFIVE wrote:It's going to be fun to watch what this signing brings to the team. Rolo is a very smart, physical, passionate player that every opposing team knows that they're in for a night when he's out there and having him reunite w Brook should only amplify all of that. While the wing situation leaves a little bit left to be desired, I think the bigs situation is very, very solid.

He does seem like a bull in a china shop at times, but yeah - he's earned a lot of respect in his career, and he generally gets the job done. Good reserve center.
"Look, you never know when you may need to borrow a cup of sugar, maybe some milk or a handgun" - Dan C. from Texas
User avatar
AussieBuck
RealGM
Posts: 35,861
And1: 11,449
Joined: May 10, 2006
Location: saveourbucks.com
 

Re: Bucks sign Robin Lopez!!!! 

Post#329 » by AussieBuck » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:38 pm

Thread title still makes me chuckle. I imagine he's here for Philly so I'm cool with it. Hope he can hit threes.
Gooner wrote:
Saint Lazarus wrote:Giannis wouldn't even be an all-star if refs accurately called his travels and offensive fouls



Bruno Caboclo would be an all star if he played under Giannis "rules".
MVP2110
Pro Prospect
Posts: 917
And1: 243
Joined: Jun 28, 2012
Location: Appleton WI
       

Re: Bucks sign Robin Lopez!!!! 

Post#330 » by MVP2110 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:25 am

Anyone think it's possible, specifically against Philly, that we see both Lopez Bros out there at the same time
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
User avatar
rilamann
RealGM
Posts: 17,469
And1: 3,146
Joined: Jun 20, 2003
Location: Milwaukee
     

Re: Bucks sign Robin Lopez!!!! 

Post#331 » by rilamann » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:29 am

MVP2110 wrote:Anyone think it's possible, specifically against Philly, that we see both Lopez Bros out there at the same time


2 Lopezs at the same time man.


Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:That's also smart.
User avatar
theFireBlanket
Head Coach
Posts: 6,681
And1: 1,236
Joined: Feb 23, 2011

Re: Bucks sign Robin Lopez!!!! 

Post#332 » by theFireBlanket » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:22 pm

DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.
User avatar
Iheartfootball
Analyst
Posts: 3,143
And1: 1,068
Joined: May 09, 2014
Location: The Bay Area, but not back down
     

Re: Bucks sign Robin Lopez!!!! 

Post#333 » by Iheartfootball » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:00 am

theFireBlanket wrote:https://www.star2.com/people/2017/11/26/a-love-for-sports/


Thanks for sharing that. Sounds like a healthy environment to grow up in with the right mix of priorities. Actually makes me feel better about these two as human beings. Glad they are representing the Bucks and MKE. My favorite quote:

“But there wasn’t so much competition within the family,” Ledford said. “What we had more was support.”
"There are three kinds of men. The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."
— Will Rogers

Return to Milwaukee Bucks