Beal in Miami securing his trade demand.. :lol:

Read on Twitter
?s=21
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,434

Re: Bradley Beal - Part III 

Post#1063 » by CP War Hawks » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:25 pm

What are your minimum trade assets from the Hawks as it pertains to Beal.
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,570

Post#1064 » by pcbothwel » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:36 pm

CP War Hawks wrote:What are your minimum trade assets from the Hawks as it pertains to Beal.

I actually think of ATL as a sleeper team to make a move in the next 15 months.
If you want Beal I assume Young and Collins are off the table as you want to compete.
So Huerter and Hunter are the first obvious assets (No interest in Reddish).
Then comes the picks. 2020 & 2022 draft picks seem reasonable.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,871

Post#1065 » by payitforward » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:39 pm

CP War Hawks wrote:What are your minimum trade assets from the Hawks as it pertains to Beal.

What's the absolute maximum you would give for Bradley Beal?
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,779

Post#1066 » by Rafael122 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:01 pm

If Collins is off the table:

- Huerter
- Hunter
- '20 Brooklyn first rounder (lotto protected but will convey)
- '20 ATL first rounder, unprotected
- '22 ATL first rounder, unprotected
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,321

Post#1067 » by nate33 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:40 pm

Rafael122 wrote:

- Huerter
- Hunter

I wouldn't make that trade. Atlanta with Beal is a playoff team in the East. So basically, you are trading Beal for 2 nice role players and 3 non-lotto picks. If I'm trading Beal, I need at least one guy with All Star potential, and preferably two. Get me Collins or GTFO.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1068 » by Ruzious » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:39 pm

Rafael122 wrote:

- Huerter
- Hunter

Add in Bruno. Ted would like the MD flavor of Bruno and Huerter.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1069 » by Ruzious » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:54 pm

nate33 wrote:
Rafael122 wrote:

- Huerter
- Hunter

I wouldn't make that trade. Atlanta with Beal is a playoff team in the East. So basically, you are trading Beal for 2 nice role players and 3 non-lotto picks. If I'm trading Beal, I need at least one guy with All Star potential, and preferably two. Get me Collins or GTFO.

I think eventually they're a playoff team - but that's a really bad defensive team right now - and they added Jabari Parker and Chandler Parson - oof. I think they'll lose a lot of 125-120 type games - I think it's still lotto in 2020 and really gotta wonder if they have smart people running the organization. We'd also have a lotto - and we really should - we're not winning anything this season. I'd have to consider that trade - with Bruno and they take Wagner. Hunter is such a sure thing all-around player - though not a superstar. That's a lot of assets.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,321

Post#1070 » by nate33 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:01 am

Ruzious wrote:
nate33 wrote:
Rafael122 wrote:

- Huerter
- Hunter

I think eventually they're a playoff team - but that's a really bad defensive team right now - and they added Jabari Parker and Chandler Parson - oof. I think they'll lose a lot of 125-120 type games - I think it's still lotto in 2020 and really gotta wonder if they have smart people running the organization. We'd also have a lotto - and we really should - we're not winning anything this season. I'd have to consider that trade - with Bruno and they take Wagner. Hunter is such a sure thing all-around player - though not a superstar. That's a lot of assets.

We will get better offers for Beal than that if we are patient. That's a deal we make only if we are forced to move him immediately.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,492

Post#1071 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:50 pm

The Summer of Star Movement Isn’t Over Until Bradley Beal Says It’s Over

Beal reportedly has no plans to accept the Wizards’ lucrative extension offer. Could he be the next star to hit the trade market? And if so, what will his trade market look like after several teams paid heavy prices to load up on superstar talent?

On Friday the Washington Wizards offered Bradley Beal a contract extension to pay him as much money as they possibly could, for as long as they’re able to. Time is on Beal’s side. Waiting until next summer would allow him to tack on an additional year and bring the total value of the extension to $154.6 million through 2025...The numbers will skyrocket even further if Beal makes one of the three All-NBA teams this season. Based on current projections, Beal could be looking at a five-year, $253.8 million payday next summer to stay in Washington ... if, that is, he decides that’s where he wants to be.

While Beal is “grateful for the gesture”, that still leaves the nettlesome matter of the Wizards being very bad, even with Beal putting up historic numbers in an effort to carry them. Washington will carry a top-10 payroll for what is projected to be a bottom-five team this season, and the pain isn’t likely to end there.

“It would be great to play in one place forever. But at the same time, you want to win and make sure you’re in a position to do so," Beal told reporters last month.

Beal...said before free agency opened that he wanted to take some time to evaluate how the new front office operated and what additions the Wizards made. As difficult as it would be to entertain trading away the lone bright spot in D.C. basketball, it’d be even more painful to fail to build a credible contender around Beal and then watch him walk in two summers with nothing to show for it.

Beal is the only chip this franchise can cash in to restock the coffers in an effort to build the next competitive iteration of the team down the line. The longer the Wizards wait to put him in play, the less time he’s still under contract at a below-market rate, and the lighter the return they’re likely to score.

Spoiler:
Beal would make a ton of sense alongside Nikola Jokic in Denver, perhaps for a package including an established young player like Gary Harris, a lottery ticket like Michael Porter Jr., and a couple of future first-round picks.

The Celtics reportedly viewed Beal as a target if they lost Kyrie Irving in free agency, but that was before they landed Walker; would Danny Ainge view Beal as enough of an upgrade on the status quo to offer up something like Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, and future first-rounders?

...will teams that think they could get Beal prefer to keep their powder dry and wait the Wizards out, knowing that every day he doesn’t sign that extension or otherwise commit to a long-term future in D.C., he gets one day closer to free agency, and his price tag drops a little bit more?
The Ringer
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1072 » by Rafael122 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:23 pm

I have two hesitations on the trade with the Celtics:

I'm old school, so I hate trading a star to a conference rival. Secondly, I don't want us to be the team to decide whether Brown is worth $25 million a year.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,888

Post#1073 » by TGW » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:32 pm

payitforward wrote:

:lol:

Atlanta had their chance with those picks. Now, I wouldn't accept less than Collins.
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#1074 » by JWizmentality » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:34 pm

Rafael122 wrote:I have two hesitations on the trade with the Celtics:

I'm old school, so I hate trading a star to a conference rival. Secondly, I don't want us to be the team to decide whether Brown is worth $25 million a year.

He aint :noway:
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,570

Post#1075 » by pcbothwel » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:41 pm

TGW wrote:
payitforward wrote:

:lol:

Atlanta had their chance with those picks. Now, I wouldn't accept less than Collins.

Disagree... I would open to a trade with them. But I definitely want a pick in the out years.

Huerter, Hunter, 2020, 2022 & 2023 pick swap (Becoming 2024 pick if declined) Is a very interesting package.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#1076 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:00 pm

pcbothwel wrote:

If you want Beal I assume Young and Collins are off the table as you want to compete.

I was definitely of the belief that Hawks were interested in Beal and am still onboard with acquiring him.

But this past draft was the time for us to strike. We had 6 draft selections (3 in the top 20 -- two in the top 10) that could have served as currency to acquire Beal with two full years under contract. Instead, we sold most of our second rounders and traded away #8 and #17 for...De'Andre Hunter.

That's five picks right there. At this point, our GM seems locked into building around the core group of players he's acquired. For better or worse.

And for the record: I suggested last Fall a trade for Beal built around J Collins (and that Mavs pick). Your mod referred to it as a poo poo platter. It seems unlikely we'd move the kid now that his stock has skyrocketed.
payitforward
RealGM

Post#1077 » by payitforward » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:19 pm

Yes, & you also referred to yourself as something approaching all-knowing ("remember where you heard it..."). Moreover your proposal was, in effect, Collins & the Mavs pick for Beal. The other pieces were more or less valueless.

I don't know what your projection was on John Collins back then, but you seem to be saying that there is reason to be higher on him now than there was last year, so I'm guessing you didn't project him to be the player he's turning out to be.

Which means, in turn, that maybe your offer didn't seem as rich to you back then as it does now, looking back with your all-knowing retrospective eyes? Right, huh?

Don't mean any offense, but if you climb down off that high horse you'll be greeted here with warmer welcomes. I'm guessing you're smart enough to work on that, right? :)
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1078 » by Rafael122 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:19 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
pcbothwel wrote:

I was definitely of the belief that Hawks were interested in Beal and am still onboard with acquiring him.

But this past draft was the time for us to strike. We had 6 draft selections (3 in the top 20 -- two in the top 10) that could have served as currency to acquire Beal with two full years under contract. Instead, we sold most of our second rounders and traded away #8 and #17 for...De'Andre Hunter.

That's five picks right there. At this point, our GM seems locked into building around the core group of players he's acquired. For better or worse.

And for the record: I suggested last Fall a trade for Beal built around J Collins (and that Mavs pick). Your mod referred to it as a poo poo platter. It seems unlikely we'd move the kid now that his stock has skyrocketed.

I'm a big fan of Collins, I just don't know if he would be made available. Imagine if ATL had just picked Luka...he and Beal would be lethal.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#1079 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:27 pm

payitforward wrote:Yes, & you also referred to yourself as something approaching all-knowing ("remember where you heard it..."). Moreover your proposal was, in effect, Collins & the Mavs pick for Beal. The other pieces were more or less valueless.

I don't know what your projection was on John Collins back then, but you seem to be saying that there is reason to be higher on him now than there was last year, so I'm guessing you didn't project him to be the player he's turning out to be.

Which means, in turn, that maybe your offer didn't seem as rich to you back then as it does now, looking back with your all-knowing retrospective eyes? Right, huh?

Don't mean any offense, but if you climb down off that high horse you'll be greeted here with warmer welcomes. I'm guessing you're smart enough to work on that, right? :)

:D

Collins definitely exceeded my expectations. I figured he'd top out as a 20/10 guy in a few years. He got there in year 2.

More importantly, he, like Beal, has become a de facto face of the franchise and fan favorite. Not to mention, the chemistry Collins and Trae have developed in a manner of months is extremely important for our squad.

Trading him would be extremely difficult at this juncture. Not to mention that his stock is likely to increase as his defense and 3-pt shot improves.

NOTE: Regarding the criticisms of tone and arrogance...I will absolutely take these into consideration.

Spoiler:
But i will never come down from my high horse.

:falloff:
payitforward
RealGM

Post#1080 » by payitforward » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:32 pm

OTOH, I completely agree that Schlenk's draft moves were incomprehensible.

Hunter might have been there at #8, for starters. & if someone actually picked him, say at #6, that would have been the time to say "hey, we'll give you our #10 & #35 & a R2 pick next year for him." -- something like that. 8 & 17 was a major overpay let alone adding #35. Nuts.

Hell, 10 & 17 would have been an overpay.

Return to Washington Wizards