Image ImageImage Image

NBA FA Signings / Available players

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, AshyLarrysDiaper, Payt10, RedBulls23, dougthonus, fleet, kulaz3000, Tommy Udo 6 , Ice Man, DASMACKDOWN

User avatar
samwana
General Manager
Posts: 8,658
And1: 1,729
Joined: Jul 24, 2002
Location: Munich (Germany)
 

Re: NBA FA Signings / Available players 

Post#861 » by samwana » Thu Aug 1, 2019 7:22 am

Michael Jackson wrote:
Chicago-Bull-E wrote:Give me Vince Carter. Still put up ok numbers last year, and I’ve always wanted him in a Bulls uniform. 2 decades too late, but I don’t care.



I would love him he seems to like to help the you g players adjust to the game too. Me thinks he is looking for a shot at a ring this year though.


If he doesn't want to play anymore, I wouldn't mind giving him a place on the bench as an assistant coach.
Why support #FireGar??

this is why
StunnerKO
Starter
Posts: 2,469
And1: 1,585
Joined: Sep 25, 2017

Re: NBA FA Signings / Available players 

Post#862 » by StunnerKO » Thu Aug 1, 2019 12:34 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
PrimzyBulls81
Veteran
Posts: 2,632
And1: 618
Joined: Feb 09, 2013
       

Re: NBA FA Signings / Available players 

Post#863 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Tue Aug 6, 2019 5:06 pm

Vince Carter returning to Hawks for one more year.
User avatar
bearadonisdna
RealGM
Posts: 12,195
And1: 1,989
Joined: Jul 07, 2012

Re: NBA FA Signings / Available players 

Post#864 » by bearadonisdna » Mon Sep 9, 2019 4:56 am

Melo apparently transcends the role available.
If teams are serious about trying to compete he would be on another persons roster.

So it’s looking like he has been blackballed. Getting the AI treatment, his last video was impressive.
Even though AI gets the blackballed narrative sometimes, he got a 2nd chance and had some down years as a rotational player.

Basketball he can garner enough hype to get somebody to believe in him, if it was the nfl, after the caepernick thing, it would be a done deal, and hard to say being ready would give him another chance.

Melos problem imo was he had a visible loss of skill. To counter this I think he would have to essentialize his game and excel at the few most necessary skills. Also utilize his physical strengths like many players before him finally turn into forwards or centers as they decline.

His last video with nets was impressive. Of course I think he could help the bulls. It’s subjective cons that are keeping him from the roster not his objective ability.
User avatar
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 35,989
And1: 15,839
Joined: Oct 25, 2006

Re: NBA FA Signings / Available players 

Post#865 » by kulaz3000 » Mon Sep 9, 2019 6:52 am

It's not that he isn't more talented than a lot of the role players around, he just hasn't shown the ability to play that specific role. If anything, that segement with Skip probably made Melo's case worse, because he kept harping on about having not learned how to play a smaller role, needed to be guided etc. Who has time for that for a role player? It's easier for teams to just sign the role player, who knows how to play a role, accepts it and not need extra attention to do so.
Why so serious?
Ayman78
Sophomore
Posts: 128
And1: 40
Joined: Jan 03, 2018
         

Re: NBA FA Signings / Available players 

Post#866 » by Ayman78 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:28 am

I'd like to see the Bulls sign Nik Stauskas. He'd be a nice floor spacer for the second unit. I don't know how difficult it would be to pry him loose from his European team. Plus his price tag shouldn't be too expensive maybe around 4-6 million per year.
Indomitable
RealGM
Posts: 20,744
And1: 4,132
Joined: Jul 11, 2001
Location: Yelzenbah!
     

Re: NBA FA Signings / Available players 

Post#867 » by Indomitable » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:49 pm

Ayman78 wrote:I'd like to see the Bulls sign Nik Stauskas. He'd be a nice floor spacer for the second unit. I don't know how difficult it would be to pry him loose from his European team. Plus his price tag shouldn't be too expensive maybe around 4-6 million per year.

Why?
He is a marginal one dimensional talent.
Chicago Strong and rehab sucks
Ayman78
Sophomore
Posts: 128
And1: 40
Joined: Jan 03, 2018
         

Re: NBA FA Signings / Available players 

Post#868 » by Ayman78 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:53 am

Indomitable wrote:
Ayman78 wrote:I'd like to see the Bulls sign Nik Stauskas. He'd be a nice floor spacer for the second unit. I don't know how difficult it would be to pry him loose from his European team. Plus his price tag shouldn't be too expensive maybe around 4-6 million per year.

Why?
He is a marginal one dimensional talent.

He's a better team defender than general perception. Also that one dimension is a pivotal role in the modern NBA. Having a second unit of Coby, Denzel, Nik, Thad, and Luke gives that unit an instant identity, of legitimate threats from three point range. The more shooting you can get on this team the better they will be.
sco
RealGM
Posts: 13,783
And1: 3,294
Joined: Sep 22, 2003
Location: Virtually Everywhere!

Re: NBA FA Signings / Available players 

Post#869 » by sco » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:48 pm

Ayman78 wrote:
Indomitable wrote:
Ayman78 wrote:I'd like to see the Bulls sign Nik Stauskas. He'd be a nice floor spacer for the second unit. I don't know how difficult it would be to pry him loose from his European team. Plus his price tag shouldn't be too expensive maybe around 4-6 million per year.

Why?
He is a marginal one dimensional talent.

He's a better team defender than general perception. Also that one dimension is a pivotal role in the modern NBA. Having a second unit of Coby, Denzel, Nik, Thad, and Luke gives that unit an instant identity, of legitimate threats from three point range. The more shooting you can get on this team the better they will be.

I prefer him to Dunn on the roster. I worry that the Bulls take away minutes from White (development) and Arci (earned) to spotlight Dunn for a trade. This strategy rarely (if ever) works and has opportunity cost.
:clap:
Showtime23
Rookie
Posts: 1,211
And1: 458
Joined: Oct 12, 2018

Re: NBA FA Signings / Available players 

Post#870 » by Showtime23 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:19 pm

Indomitable wrote:
Ayman78 wrote:I'd like to see the Bulls sign Nik Stauskas. He'd be a nice floor spacer for the second unit. I don't know how difficult it would be to pry him loose from his European team. Plus his price tag shouldn't be too expensive maybe around 4-6 million per year.

Why?
He is a marginal one dimensional talent.


For vet min, no brainer. Your asking literally MLE performance for 2mil guy which is absurd.
mack2354
Junior
Posts: 359
And1: 160
Joined: Jun 03, 2013
       

Re: NBA FA Signings / Available players 

Post#871 » by mack2354 » Yesterday 1:51 am

Iman Shumpert anyone? Slightly small for the Small Forward position at 6'5 but he's a gym rat like Lavine and has good enough defensive fundamentals to guard the 3. Valentine might be damaged goods and having Shumpert competing with C. Hutch for the back-up SF spot rather than just handing the job to C.Hutch is good. I'd cut Dunn and bring in Shumpert to add more depth at the wing.
User avatar
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 35,989
And1: 15,839
Joined: Oct 25, 2006

Re: NBA FA Signings / Available players 

Post#872 » by kulaz3000 » Yesterday 1:53 am

mack2354 wrote:Iman Shumpert anyone? Slightly small for the Small Forward position at 6'5 but he's a gym rat like Lavine and has good enough defensive fundamentals to guard the 3. Valentine might be damaged goods and having Shumpert competing with C. Hutch for the back-up SF spot rather than just handing the job to C.Hutch is good. I'd cut Dunn and bring in Shumpert to add more depth at the wing.


No thanks. He seems to have a reputation of being a little difficult. I'd prefer to take my chances on Hutchinson and Valentine over Shumpert as he is rather one-dimensional.
Why so serious?
sco
RealGM
Posts: 13,783
And1: 3,294
Joined: Sep 22, 2003
Location: Virtually Everywhere!

Re: NBA FA Signings / Available players 

Post#873 » by sco » Yesterday 1:11 pm

kulaz3000 wrote:
mack2354 wrote:Iman Shumpert anyone? Slightly small for the Small Forward position at 6'5 but he's a gym rat like Lavine and has good enough defensive fundamentals to guard the 3. Valentine might be damaged goods and having Shumpert competing with C. Hutch for the back-up SF spot rather than just handing the job to C.Hutch is good. I'd cut Dunn and bring in Shumpert to add more depth at the wing.


No thanks. He seems to have a reputation of being a little difficult. I'd prefer to take my chances on Hutchinson and Valentine over Shumpert as he is rather one-dimensional.

I think the FO has worked extremely hard to bring in guys who are high character guys (and guys who will not give Kingpin much crap). You're right, I think Shump isn't that type of guy.
:clap:

Return to Chicago Bulls