Elfrid Payton
Wayne Ellington

for

John Wall
Rui Hachiwhateva
Troy Brown Jr
Mortiz Wagner
2020 frp unprotected

pretty much get to have a clean slate and rid yourself of Wall and his contract.

LOL
Mojo Amok
Pro Prospect
And1: 834

Re: Official Trade Thread -- Part XXXVIII 

Post#402 » by Mojo Amok » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:46 am

Knicksfan20 wrote:Julius Randle
Bobby Portis
Elfrid Payton
Wayne Ellington

for

John Wall
Rui Hachiwhateva
Troy Brown Jr
Mortiz Wagner
2020 frp unprotected

pretty much get to have a clean slate and rid yourself of Wall and his contract.

You're telling me that we could become the Knicks? Both in terms of actual roster makeup in the short term, but also the long term decision making at the organizational level? We could extinguish all momentum and hope with just one trade? That's on the table?
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#403 » by Knicksfan20 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:27 am

Mojo Amok wrote:
Bobby Portis
Elfrid Payton
Wayne Ellington

for

John Wall
Rui Hachiwhateva
Troy Brown Jr
Mortiz Wagner
2020 frp unprotected

You're telling me that we could become the Knicks? Both in terms of actual roster makeup in the short term, but also the long term decision making at the organizational level? We could extinguish all momentum and hope with just one trade? That's on the table?

tempting i know
WallToWall
Veteran
And1: 937

Post#404 » by WallToWall » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:47 am

Bobby Portis
Elfrid Payton
Wayne Ellington

for

John Wall
Rui Hachiwhateva
Troy Brown Jr
Mortiz Wagner
2020 frp unprotected

I wouldnt do this unless you add Beal to the trade. I mean, come on, you gotta make it an even trade at least.
Knicksfan20
RealGM

Post#405 » by Knicksfan20 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:11 pm

WallToWall wrote:
Bobby Portis
Elfrid Payton
Wayne Ellington

for

John Wall
Rui Hachiwhateva
Troy Brown Jr
Mortiz Wagner
2020 frp unprotected

I wouldnt do this unless you add Beal to the trade. I mean, come on, you gotta make it an even trade at least.

4 more years 160 million lol. And he’s not even playing. I’m gunna try and take everything I can.

Make a counter offer. These are all basically expiring contracts.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,321

Post#406 » by nate33 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:38 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:
WallToWall wrote:
Bobby Portis
Elfrid Payton
Wayne Ellington

for

John Wall
Rui Hachiwhateva
Troy Brown Jr
Mortiz Wagner
2020 frp unprotected

4 more years 160 million lol. And he’s not even playing. I’m gunna try and take everything I can.

Try and look at it from the Wizards' perspective.

If they make this trade, then, yes, Wall's contract is off the books. But how will that help them? They'll have Beal, Bryant and nobody else. What free agent would come and join that team? Nobody. And in 2022, Beal will opt out to go someplace else.

Also, John Wall's contract is insured this year and the footage we've seen demonstrates that he is still very athletic. (He is dunking already.) So it's not 4 more years at $160, it's 3 years at $120M with Wall coming back to something close to his former self. The old John Wall was not a $40M a year player, but he was a $25-30M a year caliber player - as good as guys like CJ McCollum, Ben Simmons and or Khris Middleton who have similar contracts. So the Wizards are paying a $25-30M player $40M - a $10-15M overpay. Big deal. The Wizards aren't going to trade away a high lotto pick, their last two first round picks (both of whom look promising) and Wagner just to get off of a $15M overpay.

Your value here is WAY off base. If your goal is to absorb Wall's contract for incentive, the best you're going to get is the Wizards' 2021 1st. That it. You're not getting their high lotto 2020 and you're not getting Hachimura and Brown.

Ultimately, the Wizards probably wouldn't even give 2021 1st. They've already adapted their long term pay structure to handle Wall's contract without it being much of a problem. They're under the tax this year. They have a payroll of just $100M next year while keeping all of their key young players. Nobody gets a big raise the year after that either. They way things are shaping up, there is likely to be just one luxtax season in Wall's final year (when Beal gets a supermax and Bryant, Wagner and Brown get extensions.)
youngWizzy
Rookie
And1: 481

Post#407 » by youngWizzy » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:40 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:
WallToWall wrote:
Bobby Portis
Elfrid Payton
Wayne Ellington

for

John Wall
Rui Hachiwhateva
Troy Brown Jr
Mortiz Wagner
2020 frp unprotected

So we're gonna lose 4 legitimate assets to get cap space this summer to sign who and get out of one contract???? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Even if Wall never came back (which he will and will be just fine), no human on earth would never ever do this deal.
Twitter: @youngwizzydfs
Knicksfan20
RealGM

Post#408 » by Knicksfan20 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:49 pm

youngWizzy wrote:

So we're gonna lose 4 legitimate assets to get cap space this summer to sign who and get out of one contract???? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Even if Wall never came back (which he will and will be just fine), no human on earth would never ever do this deal.

A trade has to start somewhere. And if u trying to trade Wall...its going to take at least 3 solid assets to move him. Its the worst contract in the entire league.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#409 » by nate33 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:56 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:
youngWizzy wrote:

A trade has to start somewhere. And if u trying to trade Wall...its going to take at least 3 solid assets to move him. Its the worst contract in the entire league.

Well I guess we'll have to deal with it then. We don't need the Knicks' "help". Buzz off.
prime1time
Analyst
And1: 1,868

Post#410 » by prime1time » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:34 pm

Is there a way to limit troll access to the board?
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#411 » by gambitx777 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:29 pm

iTs tHe wOrST ContRAcT iN tHE EnTirE LeaGUe.
He has three years left on the deal. The wall we've had for years now has been mostly healthy wall with 50-60% effort. All indications look like wall has made some life style changes and we are likely to get 85-100% percent effort wall at 80-85 percent health . Which is better than what we have had. Hes over paid but not terribly and as stated it's 3 years, by the time we have to start paying the young guys he's going to be in the last year of his deal and probably tradable for no cost if not a small gain well before then if he's playing well. No reason to pay to get rid of him now.
Knicksfan20 wrote:
youngWizzy wrote:

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using RealGM mobile app
Knicksfan20
RealGM

Post#412 » by Knicksfan20 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:45 pm

gambitx777 wrote:iTs tHe wOrST ContRAcT iN tHE EnTirE LeaGUe.
He has three years left on the deal. The wall we've had for years now has been mostly healthy wall with 50-60% effort. All indications look like wall has made some life style changes and we are likely to get 85-100% percent effort wall at 80-85 percent health . Which is better than what we have had. Hes over paid but not terribly and as stated it's 3 years, by the time we have to start paying the young guys he's going to be in the last year of his deal and probably tradable for no cost if not a small gain well before then if he's playing well. No reason to pay to get rid of him now.
Knicksfan20 wrote:
youngWizzy wrote:

4 years. Hes under contract for 4 more years. He gunna be 33 after that. Hes about to be 30 and you think his health and condition will improve?

Yes...It really is the worst contract in the league..It was last year as well.

Dont like the trade offer? Ignore me or make a counter. You act like the Wizards havnt been dying to get out of his contract.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#413 » by nate33 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:10 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:

4 years. Hes under contract for 4 more years. He gunna be 33 after that. Hes about to be 30 and you think his health and condition will improve?

Dont like the trade offer? Ignore me or make a counter. You act like the Wizards havnt been dying to get out of his contract.

I have made a counter offer, and I also explained why your proposal is totally ridiculous valuewise and as a coherent long term plan for the Wizards' future.

You can drop the "take it or leave it" attitude. The Wizards are under no pressure to make a Wall trade at all, and certainly not a bad one. We are in much better long term shape than the Knicks.
prime1time
Analyst
And1: 1,868

Post#414 » by prime1time » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:10 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:

We haven't. If you've read anything about the Wizards you'd know that.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#415 » by gambitx777 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:27 am

No it isn't. Has 3 more years on his contract after this one . His contract is covered by insurance this year. Any trade made was money being spent anyway.you don't count this year in a trade only what's left unless it's a one year deal. Sure we wouldn't mind getting that money off the books early, but we aren't paying to do it not. And we arnt giving away that much! There is a good chance, wall will be tradable next year at much Let of a cost than you suggested or at a small gain. And if he doesn't ! So what. The team has prepared to eat his money and are prepared to rebuild with him as dead cap if needed. No need to waste young talent in this trade.
Knicksfan20 wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:

Knicksfan20
RealGM

Post#416 » by Knicksfan20 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:49 am

gambitx777 wrote:No it isn't. Has 3 more years on his contract after this one . His contract is covered by insurance this year. Any trade made was money being spent anyway.you don't count this year in a trade only what's left unless it's a one year deal. Sure we wouldn't mind getting that money off the books early, but we aren't paying to do it not. And we arnt giving away that much! There is a good chance, wall will be tradable next year at much Let of a cost than you suggested or at a small gain. And if he doesn't ! So what. The team has prepared to eat his money and are prepared to rebuild with him as dead cap if needed. No need to waste young talent in this trade.
Knicksfan20 wrote:

I cant tell if Math is a thing in Washington or not... U said 3 more years after this one... which = to 4

When trading Wall.. Teams arnt going to care so much about being insured for the 2019 season....They care about paying him for the rest of the years...the 3 years 160 or so million dollars he is owed.

4 years left under contract. He will be 33 during the last year of his contract. I dont expect him to come back better then ever...

With that said...u guys already declined interest in a trade for pure salary cap to get him off the books. So..All good.
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,570

Post#417 » by pcbothwel » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:58 pm

^^^ The point is that any team trading for Wall saves an immense amount of cash this year. Also, sure Wall making 40M is far from ideal, but Id rather have Wall, a MLE player, and a vet min player for 50M instead of Randle, Portis, and Morris for 50M.

So saving your powder isnt really working out all that well...

Again, we have zero interest in paying to move Wall. He looks healthy & trim while seemingly more mature and self aware about where he is in his career. Its worth the gamble for us to see if he returns to form.

In about 8 months a couple things will happen. Wall will have come back and proven to be healthy, Klay Thompson will be 30 and have 4/160M left on his deal after not playing at all this year, Tobias Harris will have 4/150M left as a "good" complimentary piece, and the worst FA class this decade will have freshly minted contracts.
Once AD resigns with LAL, the cream of the crop will consist of a 35 y/o Millsap, a 31 y/o Derozan & Ibaka, and a 32 y/o Gallo.

Lets have this convo in August...
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#418 » by Ruzious » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:01 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:No it isn't. Has 3 more years on his contract after this one . His contract is covered by insurance this year. Any trade made was money being spent anyway.you don't count this year in a trade only what's left unless it's a one year deal. Sure we wouldn't mind getting that money off the books early, but we aren't paying to do it not. And we arnt giving away that much! There is a good chance, wall will be tradable next year at much Let of a cost than you suggested or at a small gain. And if he doesn't ! So what. The team has prepared to eat his money and are prepared to rebuild with him as dead cap if needed. No need to waste young talent in this trade.
Knicksfan20 wrote:

I cant tell if Math is a thing in Washington or not... U said 3 more years after this one... which = to 4

When trading Wall.. Teams arnt going to care so much about being insured for the 2019 season....They care about paying him for the rest of the years...the 3 years 160 or so million dollars he is owed.

4 years left under contract. He will be 33 during the last year of his contract. I dont expect him to come back better then ever...

With that said...u guys already declined interest in a trade for pure salary cap to get him off the books. So..All good.

Fwiw, 3 more years after this one means... 3 more years after this one. 3 more years after this one does not mean 4 more years. That's really not a hard concept to follow.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
thricethefun
Junior
And1: 46

Post#419 » by thricethefun » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:12 pm

lmao! No arguing with that guy. I really don't think Wall's contract will be a liability once he starts playing again. Yes he will be overpaid but people forget how good he is when healthy. Wall basically singlehandedly made this team semi-relevant for 4-5 years.

Ruzious wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:

Fwiw, 3 more years after this one means... 3 more years after this one. 3 more years after this one does not mean 4 more years. That's really not a hard concept to follow.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,888

Post#420 » by TGW » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:00 pm

Bobby Portis
Elfrid Payton
Wayne Ellington

for

John Wall
Rui Hachiwhateva
Troy Brown Jr
Mortiz Wagner
2020 frp unprotected

If you Knicks fans wonder why fans of other teams can't stand you, this post is a perfect example of why...

Return to Washington Wizards