Jason Tatum: I'm going to average over 20, make the All Star team, and the Celtics are going to the finals

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,606

Re: Jason Tatum: I'm going to average over 20, make the All Star team, and the Celtics are going to the finals 

Post#461 » by Green89 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:53 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Green89 wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Rudy Gay 21 years old 2nd year player - 20.1 PPG on 51% eFG 78.5% FT 34.6% 3PT and 2/2.2 assist/turnover ratio
(on a better team w/ a better coach) Jayson Tatum 21 years old 3rd year player - 22.4 PPG on 51% eFG 81% FT 38.2% 3PT and 3/2 assist/turnover ratio

can you show me the numbers that separates Tatum as a significantly better player in his 3rd year compared to a 2nd year player? I don't see it here

Gay averaged a full 3 more minutes per game that season. Also was nowhere near the defender Tatum is. Stupid to even compare the two. Gay was never an all star his entire career. Ridiculous comparison.

Rudy Gay also didn't have multiple All-Star caliber running mates or a top 3 coach. His team won 22 games in 07-08 and 24 games in 08-09. Gay was the #1 option offensively.

So, having all star running mates makes you an all star, or not having them prevents you? :lol: You're also blowing your own argument with your own words. Saying Gay was a number one option and the fact he couldn't generate more PPG and make even one all star team speaks volumes.
GiannisAnte34
Starter
And1: 1,785

Re: Jason Tatum: I'm going to average over 20, make the All Star team, and the Celtics are going to the finals 

Post#462 » by GiannisAnte34 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:53 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
themoneyteam2 wrote:
Now do defense and advanced stats...

Now put Rudy Gay on a winning team instead of a 22-60 squad in the West

They were bad because of Rudy Gay. Stop ignoring that.

Gay made the Grizz 7.2 points per 100 possessions worse when he was on the court relative to being off of it. Tatum makes the Celtics 12.2 points per 100 possessions better.

By that logic Kemba just magically got better over night. Nah, Kemba has an easier time producing now.
GiannisAnte34
Starter

Post#463 » by GiannisAnte34 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:54 pm

Green89 wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Green89 wrote:
Gay averaged a full 3 more minutes per game that season. Also was nowhere near the defender Tatum is. Stupid to even compare the two. Gay was never an all star his entire career. Ridiculous comparison.

Rudy Gay also didn't have multiple All-Star caliber running mates or a top 3 coach. His team won 22 games in 07-08 and 24 games in 08-09. Gay was the #1 option offensively.

So, having all star running mates makes you an all star, or not having them prevents you? :lol: You're also blowing your own argument with your own words. Saying Gay was a number one option and the fact he couldn't generate more PPG and make even one all star teams speaks volumes.

Again, I said Tatum is better than Gay. I said that Tatum's ceiling is the Jimmy Butler/Paul George type, you can quote me from October in this very thread stating that. So far, Tatum has not proven he is even on the Butler/PG13 level

Obviously having a better team makes it easier on you, don't be stupid.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,047

Post#464 » by The_Hater » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:02 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
jirrit wrote:Can you - in the meanwhile - show me the numbers that back up your claim Tatum= Rudy Gay?

Rudy Gay 21 years old 2nd year player - 20.1 PPG on 51% eFG 78.5% FT 34.6% 3PT and 2/2.2 assist/turnover ratio
(on a better team w/ a better coach) Jayson Tatum 21 years old 3rd year player - 22.4 PPG on 51% eFG 81% FT 38.2% 3PT and 3/2 assist/turnover ratio

can you show me the numbers that separates Tatum as a significantly better player in his 3rd year compared to a 2nd year player? I don't see it here

Tatum is more efficient, a significantly better shooter from distance which better spaces the floor, a stronger rebounder, a better passer, better at getting to the FT line and just a world of a better defender.

Stylistically, theyre nothing similar. Gay got his points by being a fantastic athlete while Tatum gets his by skill and footwork.

I know youre trolling, but youre just going to have to do better.

Don’t feed the trolls.....
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
themoneyteam2
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,287

Post#465 » by themoneyteam2 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:05 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Green89 wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:

So, having all star running mates makes you an all star, or not having them prevents you? :lol: You're also blowing your own argument with your own words. Saying Gay was a number one option and the fact he couldn't generate more PPG and make even one all star teams speaks volumes.

Again, I said Tatum is better than Gay. I said that Tatum's ceiling is the Jimmy Butler/Paul George type, you can quote me from October in this very thread stating that. So far, Tatum has not proven he is even on the Butler/PG13 level

Tatum is in his 3rd year so yeah he's not currently on the level of Butler and PG in their primes (numbers are close though). Let's compare each of them in their 3rd year though shall we?

Butler: 13/5/2.5 on 39.7% FG and 28.3% 3PT = 52.2 TS%, 13.5 PER
PG: 16.7/7.5/4 ON 41.9% fg and 36.2% 3PT = 53.1 TS%, 16.8 PER
Tatum: 22/7/3 on 44.3% FG and 38.2% 3PT = 55.4 TS%, 19.5 PER

But the next Rudy Gay right?

Or we can't compare cause Tatum is on a better franchise with all-star teammates right? (Despite being the best player)
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#466 » by SmartWentCrazy » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:06 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Now put Rudy Gay on a winning team instead of a 22-60 squad in the West

Gay made the Grizz 7.2 points per 100 possessions worse when he was on the court relative to being off of it. Tatum makes the Celtics 12.2 points per 100 possessions better.

By that logic Kemba just magically got better over night. Nah, Kemba has an easier time producing now.

He’s made his team better for 5 years in a row— what are you talking about?
GiannisAnte34
Starter

Post#467 » by GiannisAnte34 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:07 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

Kemba's advanced stats on efficiency have gone up and his defensive metrics have gone up. Did he suddenly become a better defender? Did he suddenly become a better scorer?
themoneyteam2
Lead Assistant

Post#468 » by themoneyteam2 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:08 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
themoneyteam2 wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Noticed you didn't even try to argue flopping because you know you'd look stupid. Good thing you stuck to something arbitrary like shouting

Wait so you think Giannis doesn’t flop?

Lol at least try to be objective. That would be like a Rockets fan saying Harden doesn’t flop or sell contact or a Celtics fan saying Smart doesn’t sell contact.

If Giannis is now a flopper then there isn't a star in the league that isn't a flopper.

So again, you actually believe Giannis doesn't flop or sell contact?
GiannisAnte34
Starter

Post#469 » by GiannisAnte34 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:08 pm

themoneyteam2 wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Green89 wrote:

Tatum is in his 3rd year so yeah he's not currently on the level of Butler and PG in their primes (numbers are close though). Let's compare each of them in their 3rd year though shall we?

Or we can't compare cause Tatum is on a better franchise with all-star teammates right? (Despite being the best player)

Yet you'll be quick to dismiss Giannis being a GOAT candidate when he sets the All-Time PER record.
themoneyteam2
Lead Assistant

Post#470 » by themoneyteam2 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:09 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:

Kemba's advanced stats on efficiency have gone up and his defensive metrics have gone up. Did he suddenly become a better defender? Did he suddenly become a better scorer?

He did become a better defender because now he can put more effort into it not having to handle the scoring load every night, knowing he doesn't have to drop 30 to have a chance to win.
Stadium5
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,556

Post#471 » by Stadium5 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:09 pm

Prokhorov is the billy king of realgm
GiannisAnte34
Starter

Post#472 » by GiannisAnte34 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:10 pm

themoneyteam2 wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
themoneyteam2 wrote:
Wait so you think Giannis doesn’t flop?

Lol at least try to be objective. That would be like a Rockets fan saying Harden doesn’t flop or sell contact or a Celtics fan saying Smart doesn’t sell contact.

If Giannis is now a flopper then there isn't a star in the league that isn't a flopper.

So again, you actually believe Giannis doesn't flop or sell contact?

You're being pedantic. Yes Giannis has "sold contact" every single player in the NBA has sold contact at one point or another.
GiannisAnte34
Starter

Post#473 » by GiannisAnte34 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:10 pm

themoneyteam2 wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

He did become a better defender because now he can put more effort into it not having to handle the scoring load every night, knowing he doesn't have to drop 30 to have a chance to win.

WOW so you mean having a better team makes it easier on you, kinda like I already said?
themoneyteam2
Lead Assistant

Post#474 » by themoneyteam2 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:11 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
themoneyteam2 wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:

Yet you'll be quick to dismiss Giannis being a GOAT candidate when he sets the All-Time PER record.

*Checks reply and sees he's wrong about career trajectory on Tatum and promptly moves the goalposts*
themoneyteam2
Lead Assistant

Post#475 » by themoneyteam2 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:12 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
themoneyteam2 wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:

WOW so you mean having a better team makes it easier on you, kinda like I already said?

On defense yeah but Kemba's numbers are down on offense cause he's surrounded by better players.

One would think Rudy Gay as the #1 option could at least put up more PPG than Tatum jeesh.
GiannisAnte34
Starter

Post#476 » by GiannisAnte34 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:12 pm

themoneyteam2 wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
themoneyteam2 wrote:

*Checks reply and sees he's wrong about career trajectory on Tatum and promptly moves the goalposts*

How am I wrong? I said Tatum has Butler/George ceiling and he isn't there.
GiannisAnte34
Starter

Post#477 » by GiannisAnte34 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:13 pm

themoneyteam2 wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
themoneyteam2 wrote:

On defense yeah but Kemba's numbers are down on offense cause he's surrounded by better players.

One would think Rudy Gay as the #1 option could at least put up more PPG than Tatum jeesh.

Tatum is taking more shots than Gay, so now you really look stupid.
themoneyteam2
Lead Assistant

Post#478 » by themoneyteam2 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:14 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
themoneyteam2 wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:

How am I wrong? I said Tatum has Butler/George ceiling and he isn't there.

"So far, Tatum has not proven he is even on the Butler/PG13 level"

I compared each of them in their 3rd years since you said "So far". Of course Tatum so far hasn't reached his ceiling in year 3 lol. I can only compare what Butler, PG, and Tatum all looked like in their 3rd year.
themoneyteam2
Lead Assistant

Post#479 » by themoneyteam2 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:15 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
themoneyteam2 wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:

Tatum is taking more shots than Gay, so now you really look stupid.

Actually I think saying Tatum compares to Gay is pretty f'n stupid - considering their playing styles aren't even close and on the defensive side of the ball it's not even a comparison.
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,606

Post#480 » by Green89 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:17 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
themoneyteam2 wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:

If only they gave out trophies for PER. Must be sad thinking about that, huh.

Return to The General Board