RTT V: Brought To You By Aperture Science

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,432

Re: RTT V: Brought To You By Aperture Science 

Post#61 » by vincecarter4pres » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:33 pm

Stay safe out there everyone.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#62 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:04 am

So let's talk about some lighter things...

Almost switched to the iPhone yet again about 3 weeks ago, but before Rich fires grenades at me in the Temple, wound up going with a Pixel 4 instead.

Pretty great little phone, could use better battery life though and all these phones doing away with the headphone jack make me want to punch things. But it's snappy, the camera is excellent, vanilla Android is great and although I do wish they still included a fingerprint reader the face unlock is surprisingly nice on this thing.

Also probably the best functioning keyboard on any phone, including the iPhone.

Speakers are loud and crisp too.

One thing that absolutely kills me though is there's no Independent volume on the ringer and notifications, madness. You can set things independently through some app settings, but it's infuriating that there aren't standard independent sliders.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#63 » by Paradise » Sun Apr 5, 2020 2:55 pm

Guys...Iā€™m bored.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,487

Post#64 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 7, 2020 1:35 pm

Paradise wrote:Guys...Iā€™m bored.

Keep your ass in the crib. It's better to be bored than to be sick.

I hope everyone is doing okay.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,747

Post#65 » by Rich Rane » Thu Apr 9, 2020 3:37 pm

I get a general feeling that country is pushing to reopen in May. :censored: that. I'll continue to work from home and if I'm forced to come in before I feel it's comfortable, I have no problem quitting.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#66 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:55 pm

Rich Rane wrote:I get a general feeling that country is pushing to reopen in May. :censored: that. I'll continue to work from home and if I'm forced to come in before I feel it's comfortable, I have no problem quitting.

May?? Yeah, that's a hard pass:

Read on Twitter

We're at the point of mass graves. And this is just New York. We haven't hit the peaks yet in other parts of the country including the places that are refusing to let science and data dictate the response.

The people pushing a May reopening are right wing nutjobs. Medical experts are calling for several more months of quarantine and social distancing.

Trump said the country would be back up and running by Easter. Today is good friday. People need to stop kidding themselves, this is going into July and August at best and that is being optimistic.

At least some good news this morning, I woke up and realized that my preordered version of Final Fantasy 7 Remake has already downloaded to my PS4. Working from home indeed. :nod:

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#67 » by Rich Rane » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:10 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:I get a general feeling that country is pushing to reopen in May. :censored: that. I'll continue to work from home and if I'm forced to come in before I feel it's comfortable, I have no problem quitting.

Read on Twitter

We're at the point of mass graves. And this is just New York. We haven't hit the peaks yet in other parts of the country including the places that are refusing to let science and data dictate the response.

The people pushing a May reopening are right wing nutjobs. Medical experts are calling for several more months of quarantine and social distancing.

The problem is those are the people in power. They have the highest rated propaganda channel in Fox News and they've been taking a victory lap lately once Fauci lowered his estimate to 60,000 deaths from 100,000. Without further federal aid, people need to work and their higher ups need to make money and could heavily influence on when to get the American machine up and running.

If there's a second wave, I wonder how many would sue their employers if they get sick.

Trump said the country would be back up and running by Easter. Today is good friday. People need to stop kidding themselves, this is going into July and August at best and that is being optimistic.

This is my line of thinking as well. There's no vaccine, there's no proof the virus would slow to a halt in heat, but people are so fixated on getting back.

At least some good news this morning, I woke up and realized that my preordered version of Final Fantasy 7 Remake has already downloaded to my PS4. Working from home indeed. :nod:

I'm gonna wait on FF7. If I got it now, I'll just get pissed off wanting more waiting until the next installment.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#68 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:09 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Read on Twitter

The problem is those are the people in power. They have the highest rated propaganda channel in Fox News and they've been taking a victory lap lately once Fauci lowered his estimate to 60,000 deaths from 100,000. Without further federal aid, people need to work and their higher ups need to make money and could heavily influence on when to get the American machine up and running.

If there's a second wave, I wonder how many would sue their employers if they get sick.

This is my line of thinking as well. There's no vaccine, there's no proof the virus would slow to a halt in heat, but people are so fixated on getting back.

I'm gonna wait on FF7. If I got it now, I'll just get pissed off wanting more waiting until the next installment.

Well, I can only speak for myself but in New Jersey I highly doubt the Governor is going to reopen the state until things simmer down. The very idea of New York opening back up is a joke.

These loons can push and push their agenda all they want, if we see a nationwide spike in infections and deaths, coupled with state healthcare services being overwhelmed, the nation's economy will come crashing down one way or another. And then what? It will be an even worse situation. A reopened economy at this stage of the pandemic will make the difference between 60,000 deaths or a million. Republicans have a lack of foresight and this line of thinking shows it. The goal should be to drop the rate of hospitalizations and deaths, not worrying about the markets.

Also, FF7R is 40 hours of content so I think you should be good :nod:

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#69 » by Rich Rane » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:03 pm

Read on Twitter

It's things like this that make me so wary of going back to work too early.

And for the record, it's not just Japan, but China and Singapore as well.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#70 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:06 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is what will happen in the USA.

vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#71 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:32 am

Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#72 » by Claud » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:45 pm

Social distancing works.

It's the only tool we have to fight this war but we have short-sighted fools commanding the ship.

If they stop the quarantine we will 100% regret it in the months to come and we'll pay with many lives lost.

We must stay strong and calm.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#73 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:52 am

Claud wrote:Social distancing works.

It's the only tool we have to fight this war but we have short-sighted fools commanding the ship.

If they stop the quarantine we will 100% regret it in the months to come and we'll pay with many lives lost.

We must stay strong and calm.

Georgia's governor is reopening everything on Friday while their infection rate continues to climb

vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#74 » by vincecarter4pres » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:24 pm

Anyone here mess with the stock market?
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,463

Post#75 » by Stone » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:24 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:Anyone here mess with the stock market?

Kind of......I have an annuity from work and a personal 401. Both are down about 10% from their highs.

I hear good things about the "Seeking Alpha" website.
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#76 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:14 pm

Stone wrote:

Kind of......I have an annuity from work and a personal 401. Both are down about 10% from their highs.

I'm scared to death to even look at my 401k.

TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,597

Post#77 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:01 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Stone wrote:

I'm scared to death to even look at my 401k.

It shouldn't be too bad. I think when everything started quarantining my portfolio bottomed out at about 25-30% drop from the peak at the start of this year. It's since recovered, and I'm probably only down about 10% from the peak, and maybe 5% YoY.
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#78 » by WargamesX » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:22 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is what will happen in the USA.

This is exactly what is going to happen in the US
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#79 » by MrDollarBills » Fri May 1, 2020 2:22 pm

In some good news, hospitalizations are decreasing in New Jersey as testing is set to ramp up. It's working.

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#80 » by Rich Rane » Fri May 1, 2020 11:21 pm

Scrubs was a beloved show of the board during the 00s so I'm heartbroken about this.
Read on Twitter

Return to Brooklyn Nets