ImageImageImageImageImage

Trades and Transactions thread - To the offseason!

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,260

Re: Trades and Transactions thread - To the offseason! 

Post#1981 » by iLLmatic860 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:21 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

This gotta be fake news right
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,075

Post#1982 » by moocow007 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:10 pm

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

I would be surprised if anyone really knew what the Knicks are thinking. Leon Rose has been about tight lipped as you can possibly be. My guess is that the Knicks would entertain this really more of as a salary move. I can't see them sending back significant assets (i.e. 8th pick, Barrett, Robinson, etc.) to acquire either guy.

Interest in either guy does make sense IF the goal is to win games. Both these guys, by themselves, can get you wins. CP3 we've talked about but even with folks less receptive about Westbrook, the reality is that outside of guys like Lebron and Harden, the one guy that has shown he can take a bunch of miss-fit role players and win 50+ games consistently it's Westbrook.
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,260

Post#1983 » by iLLmatic860 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:21 pm

moocow007 wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

I would be surprised if anyone really knew what the Knicks are thinking. Leon Rose has been about tight lipped as you can possibly be. My guess is that the Knicks would entertain this really more of as a salary move. I can't see them sending back significant assets (i.e. 8th pick, Barrett, Robinson, etc.) to acquire either guy.

The Thibs rumors kept leaking out for months

So there may be some truth to all the cp3
Rumors
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#1984 » by HEZI » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:39 pm

Westbrook to the Knicks would be a nightmare. Rose you gotta be better than that man
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,278

Post#1985 » by RHODEY » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:59 pm

moocow007 wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Interest in either guy does make sense IF the goal is to win games. Both these guys, by themselves, can get you wins. CP3 we've talked about but even with folks less receptive about Westbrook, the reality is that outside of guys like Lebron and Harden, the one guy that has shown he can take a bunch of miss-fit role players and win 50+ games consistently it's Westbrook.

Right that was prime Westbrook, current Westbrook is on his way to becoming a misfit himself.
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#1986 » by WargamesX » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:42 pm

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Why would the knicks give up their pick? Like it goes from “this is understandable” to “LolKnicks for Clicks” deal based on him adding the Knicks pick to any deal.
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,974

Post#1987 » by Richard4444 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:41 am

moocow007 wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

WB is an awful fit to RJ, Mitch, Frank, Randle and DSJr team. We would have to build an entire new core to WB really fit. And his contract is really bad. We need assets to take him.
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
Juco24
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,097

Post#1988 » by Juco24 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:59 am

Saw from the Hawksguy that Toronto has offered Siakam to Atlanta in hopes of shedding salary in order to make an offer to Giannis
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#1989 » by WargamesX » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:11 am

Juco24 wrote:Saw from the Hawksguy that Toronto has offered Siakam to Atlanta in hopes of shedding salary in order to make an offer to Giannis

I just don’t trust them. No reporter has this information but a anonymous message board poster does?
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
-YogiBiz-
Pro Prospect
And1: 686

Post#1990 » by -YogiBiz- » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:30 pm

Eww, someone said FVV is going to likely get 25~30 Mil/Season.

Do not want at that price tag.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,117

Post#1991 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:58 pm

WargamesX wrote:
Juco24 wrote:Saw from the Hawksguy that Toronto has offered Siakam to Atlanta in hopes of shedding salary in order to make an offer to Giannis

I just don’t trust them. No reporter has this information but a anonymous message board poster does?

Don't question the power of the Internet!

WHITE_HOT_HEAT
Sixth Man
And1: 2,209

Post#1992 » by WHITE_HOT_HEAT » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:53 pm

First time in an NY board thread. A knick fan posted this on the GB -
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1939041
"Prediction: Harden will be a New York Knick next season"

Although there will be plenty of naysayers, I think it's pretty good one... Harden is a player who isn't afraid of the spotlight and would ball out on NY. Not just that. Getting him could help NY entice maybe Bron and AD in 2022/23 to NY. The chance for Bron to have something that would put him over Jordan would be very tempting. I'm sure a few FO and other Knicks org guys lurk here.. maybe kick it up to see how the palm would unfold...

Would be crazy good for NY. No harm in aiming for the stars.
"And a Man?... A Man provides... And he does it even when he's not appreciated, or respected, or even loved. He simply bears up and he does it.... Because he's a Man...."
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,941

Post#1993 » by KnicksGadfly » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:51 pm

-YogiBiz- wrote:Eww, someone said FVV is going to likely get 25~30 Mil/Season.

Do not want at that price tag.

Who's gonna give that? There's only 5 teams with room I think...
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,545

Post#1994 » by newyorker4ever » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:35 am

WHITE_HOT_HEAT wrote:First time in an NY board thread. A knick fan posted this on the GB -

Although there will be plenty of naysayers, but I think it's pretty good one... Harden is a player who isn't be afraid of the spotlight and would ball out on NY. Not just that. Getting him could help NY entice maybe Bron and AD in 2022/23 to NY. The chance for Bron to have something that would put him over Jordan would be very tempting. I'm sure a few FO and other Knicks org guys lurk here.. maybe kick it up to see how the palm would unfold...

A.Davis already said he's opting out of his last year option next year and re-signing with the Lakers.
NewYorkPride85
Senior
And1: 353

Post#1995 » by NewYorkPride85 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:15 am

My wet dream of the year is that we trade for Wiseman, we roll out a modest team to see how the develop after A full year of coaching and end up with the third pick and somehow Dallas struggles because of player health issues, etc and we end up with the third pick. Can you image putting a team on the floor that included Cade, bates, with RJ and wisemen already in the fold
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,347

Post#1996 » by dakomish23 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:35 am

HEZI wrote:Westbrook to the Knicks would be a nightmare. Rose you gotta be better than that man

But fashion!

Read on Twitter
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,347

Post#1997 » by dakomish23 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:39 am

WHITE_HOT_HEAT wrote:First time in an NY board thread. A knick fan posted this on the GB -

Although there will be plenty of naysayers, but I think it's pretty good one... Harden is a player who isn't be afraid of the spotlight and would ball out on NY. Not just that. Getting him could help NY entice maybe Bron and AD in 2022/23 to NY. The chance for Bron to have something that would put him over Jordan would be very tempting. I'm sure a few FO and other Knicks org guys lurk here.. maybe kick it up to see how the palm would unfold...

If I had to pick a guy (that might become available) to bring here via pushing all our chips in, it’s probably Harden. He should age well, he’s a brilliant passer and we desperately need a lead guard.

My assumption would be that Thibodeau wouldn’t let him get away with doing nothing other than dribbling for 20 seconds and getting buckets. My hope would be that we would play him more off the ball so he wouldn’t have to work so hard to get his points.

Anyway, will never happen
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
-YogiBiz-
Pro Prospect

Post#1998 » by -YogiBiz- » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:11 am

dakomish23 wrote:

If I had to pick a guy (that might become available) to bring here via pushing all our chips in, it’s probably Harden. He should age well, he’s a brilliant passer and we desperately need a lead guard.

My assumption would be that Thibodeau wouldn’t let him get away with doing nothing other than dribbling for 20 seconds and getting buckets. My hope would be that we would play him more off the ball so he wouldn’t have to work so hard to get his points.

What would that deal even look like? Only makes sense to push all our chips into Harden if AD says he'll leave LA to play with Harden in NY?
-YogiBiz-
Pro Prospect

Post#1999 » by -YogiBiz- » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:24 am

Read on Twitter

Eww
WHITE_HOT_HEAT
Sixth Man
And1: 2,209

Post#2000 » by WHITE_HOT_HEAT » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:32 am

-YogiBiz- wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

What would that deal even look like? Only makes sense to push all our chips into Harden if AD says he'll leave LA to play with Harden in NY?

Yup. Throw everything at the Rockets and the NY FO should tamper all they can.. talk directly to Harden.. He'll love it. Just like dakomish said. He's the one guy who'd take on being in NY and love it.

And it's not just AD. It's LeBron you need along with him as the playmaker to facilitate and make life easier for AD and Harden. AD gets a long term deal. LeBron something smaller and trust me.. if anyone else (other than the Lakers) has a chance to entice him it's you guys. From a legacy standpoint, it's a ring with NY that will rally split the basketball world in half on who's the GOAT. Helps if you guys get Bronny :wink:

Another poster talked about AD resigning with the Lakers. True. But it's supposed to be a 1+1 or 2+1 or 3+1. The NY FO and agents have to act NOW for getting all three after 2 seasons. Talk to all three so that the deals are structured and the foundation is laid for something like that. That's what organizations with foresight would do..
"And a Man?... A Man provides... And he does it even when he's not appreciated, or respected, or even loved. He simply bears up and he does it.... Because he's a Man...."

Return to New York Knicks