ImageImageImage

Trade Ideas Thread, 2020-21

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

Floody100
Analyst
And1: 4,990

Re: Trade Ideas Thread, 2020-21 

Post#501 » by Floody100 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:39 am

BostonCouchGM wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
Darthlukey wrote:Thing is, of course Brown is available, he is our best trade piece. But he is there to get a better, young piece. Not for a has-been (harden i consider as this, though obviously he is still elite for now) and not for a lateral move just to balance the roster (let's say collins). Simmons, giannis, kat, booker, beal (maybe beal) become available Brown is a good starting point for any of them.

I’m not gonna sit here and go crazy defending harden bc I hated watching him live and worry about Tatums game with him here but he’s far from a has been. He’s about as elite as a scorer the league as ever seen.

His game also doesn’t depend on super athleticism so while he hasn’t ever been greatly conditioned- even a drop off for him should still allow him to score or draw fouls at an elite level allowing him to be an all star at least for 4 more years but more likely all nba at minimum. The playoff drop off is a real concern that’s true.

Everyone one of those guys you mention with the exception of beal - have way way more value than brown and the other teams would ask for Tatum (not happening). The exception being a major major leap from brown next season in which case why would we even trade him?
The appeal of harden is that he’s an older player who most teams can’t trade pieces for and then still have a championship level team.

Brown for a 30 year former mvp who at worst is top 7 right now is a major major victory- on paper

this sub is convinced Jaylen is much much better than he is. He's not a top 40 player but they act as if he's a top 15 and can't conceive of trading him for clearly much better players. Harden would be the 2nd best Celtic player to ever suit up for us. This is just silly. All Harden needs are 3 and D players around him and he's good enough to lead a team to the championship. If it took Brown, a 1st this year and a 1st the following and even another player like Langford or Williams, you have to make that trade. If HOU decides to blow it up and a trade centered around Jaylen gets him here, it's a no brainer. It would likely mean we'd move Kemba to get under the cap but good luck finding anyone that wants him.

Jaylen was a borderline all-star who averaged 22 in the playoffs, he’s definitely a top 40 player.
Houston have had 3&D players with Harden & they can’t make the finals so I don’t get how he’s suddenly good enough to lead a team to a championship ?
Harden is a terrible fit for this team, much rather Brown.
Spin Move
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,037

Post#502 » by Spin Move » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:33 am

BostonCouchGM wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
Darthlukey wrote:Thing is, of course Brown is available, he is our best trade piece. But he is there to get a better, young piece. Not for a has-been (harden i consider as this, though obviously he is still elite for now) and not for a lateral move just to balance the roster (let's say collins). Simmons, giannis, kat, booker, beal (maybe beal) become available Brown is a good starting point for any of them.

I’m not gonna sit here and go crazy defending harden bc I hated watching him live and worry about Tatums game with him here but he’s far from a has been. He’s about as elite as a scorer the league as ever seen.

His game also doesn’t depend on super athleticism so while he hasn’t ever been greatly conditioned- even a drop off for him should still allow him to score or draw fouls at an elite level allowing him to be an all star at least for 4 more years but more likely all nba at minimum. The playoff drop off is a real concern that’s true.

Everyone one of those guys you mention with the exception of beal - have way way more value than brown and the other teams would ask for Tatum (not happening). The exception being a major major leap from brown next season in which case why would we even trade him?
The appeal of harden is that he’s an older player who most teams can’t trade pieces for and then still have a championship level team.

Brown for a 30 year former mvp who at worst is top 7 right now is a major major victory- on paper

this sub is convinced Jaylen is much much better than he is. He's not a top 40 player but they act as if he's a top 15 and can't conceive of trading him for clearly much better players. Harden would be the 2nd best Celtic player to ever suit up for us. This is just silly. All Harden needs are 3 and D players around him and he's good enough to lead a team to the championship. If it took Brown, a 1st this year and a 1st the following and even another player like Langford or Williams, you have to make that trade. If HOU decides to blow it up and a trade centered around Jaylen gets him here, it's a no brainer. It would likely mean we'd move Kemba to get under the cap but good luck finding anyone that wants him.

Name 40 players better, he is not top 20, but top 40, sure he is. Don't forget he is still really young. 20 ppg this past season, watch him improve to 22 this season and proabbly make his first all star team. Can his ball handeling and passing improve absoulty but he is a 3 and D wing who is ideally suited for today NBA and he can Gaurd 1-4. Two way players like that are rare. I see him as a Danny Granger type, topping out at around 24 and 7 with great defense. Any team in the NBA would want him, He is already a Khris Middelton level player. He has shown the work ethic to contiue to improve, he is not top 20 yet, and he will never be top 10 but i could see him cracking the top 20 in a few years.
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 3,112

Post#503 » by Darthlukey » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:13 am

Spin Move wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:

Name 40 players better, he is not top 20, but top 40, sure he is. Don't forget he is still really young. 20 ppg this past season, watch him improve to 22 this season and proabbly make his first all star team. Can his ball handeling and passing improve absoulty but he is a 3 and D wing who is ideally suited for today NBA and he can Gaurd 1-4. Two way players like that are rare. I see him as a Danny Granger type, topping out at around 24 and 7 with great defense. Any team in the NBA would want him, He is already a Khris Middelton level player. He has shown the work ethic to contiue to improve, he is not top 20 yet, and he will never be top 10 but i could see him cracking the top 20 in a few years.

And maybe even smaller 5s, he held his own on some occasions vs bam. He single handedly exposed siakim as a fraud too
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#504 » by SmartWentCrazy » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:38 am

BostonCouchGM wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:

Lol, what a terrible take.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,014

Post#505 » by ConstableGeneva » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:42 am

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:

Lol, what a terrible take.

Maybe he/she/they meant 2nd best non-homegrown/non-drafted Celtics player? After KG.
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
TommyPointGawd
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,817

Post#506 » by TommyPointGawd » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:30 pm

I would like to see Harden comeback to reality a bit and play more of a team game. Would he even want to do that though? He really seems to buy into the "look at my advance stats" nerd narrative that excuses all his short comings. Tatum and Harden would be an awful combo unless Harden was really willing to change his game. It would be crazy good in 2k though
I apologize for the things I have said in the past. :cry:
gammajamma
Junior
And1: 253

Post#507 » by gammajamma » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:34 pm

TommyPointGawd wrote:I would like to see Harden comeback to reality a bit and play more of a team game. Would he even want to do that though? He really seems to buy into the "look at my advance stats" nerd narrative that excuses all his short comings. Tatum and Harden would be an awful combo unless Harden was really willing to change his game. It would be crazy good in 2k though

Apparently he told Steph he wants to play different style.
Read on Twitter
?s=21
TommyPointGawd
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,817

Post#508 » by TommyPointGawd » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:36 pm

gammajamma wrote:
TommyPointGawd wrote:I would like to see Harden comeback to reality a bit and play more of a team game. Would he even want to do that though? He really seems to buy into the "look at my advance stats" nerd narrative that excuses all his short comings. Tatum and Harden would be an awful combo unless Harden was really willing to change his game. It would be crazy good in 2k though

Apparently he told Steph he wants to play different style.
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Harden to warriors.
I apologize for the things I have said in the past. :cry:
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#509 » by MagicBagley18 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:05 pm

Really don’t even care or want harden...I’m fine letting tatum keep making that leap and brown getting better. We will be fine. Don’t even think harden gets traded tbh nor would I care if he does somewhere else.

Turning down the chance to get a top 6 player in the league Whose a former mvp who finishes in the top 3 mvp voting several times Who still has 4 elite elite years left for a package where brown is the centerpiece is some delusional green goggles **** tho. Really bad.
Dannyboy36
Sixth Man
And1: 850

Post#510 » by Dannyboy36 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:08 pm

Brad would love it. I’d hate it.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#511 » by SmartWentCrazy » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:11 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:Really don’t even care or want harden...I’m fine letting tatum keep making that leap and brown getting better. We will be fine. Don’t even think harden gets traded tbh nor would I care if he does somewhere else.

Turning down the chance to get a top 6 player in the league Whose a former mvp who finishes in the top 3 mvp voting several times Who still has 4 elite elite years left for a package where brown is the centerpiece is some delusional green goggles **** tho. Really bad.

Yah, he’d be arguably the best player in the conference and just put up 30-8-6 on 64% TS in the playoffs. Lets be real here.
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,318

Post#512 » by Triple7 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:33 pm

Spin Move wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:

Brown is a much better player overall than Siakam. A lot of analysts said that during our match up against them. he is better defensively, and much better offensively. He has better handles as well. so top 20 isn’t out of the question. Especially in the future. I think he will even be better going forward. Tatum and Brown would be one of the best duos in the league. Both good, if not elite defensively, Brown most eapecially. Those two would be scary good if they continue to improve and gain experience. I’m not on board trading him for Harden. Unless Harden change his game somehow, which i doubt, we would be stuck watching him and Tatum take turns dribbling the ball on top and chucking 3’s. Harden is not a good catch and shoot player, so he needs the ball to be effective. I would probably be on board if Kemba would be the one dealt instead of Brown. Though Kemba’s value went down this playoffs.
RickyDizzle
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,101

Post#513 » by RickyDizzle » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:36 pm

If Lakers are really trying to aggregate salary to trade for Chris Paul... Id love to get KCP in a sign and trade. OKC could take Edwards, Poirier, Kanter, and one of our later firsts and we get KCP signed to 12 million or so from the lakers. Our outgoing salary needs to be 75% of whatever KCPs annual salary would be.

Then Lakers combine KCP with another 20 million or so of outgoing salary, Danny Green, Kuzma, maybe a first. Okc gets firsts for taking on Paul originally from Houston and a couple firsts, a couple young guys, and salary filler for unloading him.

Celtics get great 3&D off the bench for a bunch of spare pieces and create roster spots. They take BPA at 14 and see whats on the board for their later first and their second. Sign Baynes or someone or just go Theis, RWIII, GW, and a rookie big as your big man rotation.

Dizzy
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#514 » by MagicBagley18 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:39 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:Really don’t even care or want harden...I’m fine letting tatum keep making that leap and brown getting better. We will be fine. Don’t even think harden gets traded tbh nor would I care if he does somewhere else.

Yah, he’d be arguably the best player in the conference and just put up 30-8-6 on 64% TS in the playoffs. Lets be real here.

Seriously
Ernest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,271

Post#515 » by Ernest » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:52 pm

As for all this Harden talk- I'm not sure, but the idea in general- trade for a star if possible- is defiantly a good one. Anyone who is a top 20 player that is put on the block, we have to think about trading for.
themoneyteam2
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,287

Post#516 » by themoneyteam2 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:58 pm

Harden isn’t going anywhere. Russ will be the one who is moved
batabatuta
Pro Prospect
And1: 751

Post#517 » by batabatuta » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:59 pm

The only concern I have for Harden is that he disappears during crunchtime.
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,318

Post#518 » by Triple7 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:01 pm

Ernest wrote:As for all this Harden talk- I'm not sure, but the idea in general- trade for a star if possible- is defiantly a good one. Anyone who is a top 20 player that is put on the block, we have to think about trading for.

I’m fine with Harden as our point guard, but never on a back court pairing with Kemba. That would just be awful.
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#519 » by MagicBagley18 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:12 pm

themoneyteam2 wrote:Harden isn’t going anywhere. Russ will be the one who is moved

Yup Russ will be moved and then what do u think happens next? harden stays and plays with Mitchell Robinson and frank ntilikina? Nope. If Russ gets traded hardens going next either right away or within months after.
themoneyteam2
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,287

Post#520 » by themoneyteam2 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:32 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
themoneyteam2 wrote:Harden isn’t going anywhere. Russ will be the one who is moved

Yup Russ will be moved and then what do u think happens next? harden stays and plays with Mitchell Robinson and frank ntilikina? Nope. If Russ gets traded hardens going next either right away or within months after.

Logically yes everything I’ve heard is that Harden wants to stay in Houston and they have no plans to trade him.

Return to Boston Celtics