ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Nets 2020 Draft Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Re: Official Nets 2020 Draft Thread 

Post#221 » by Paradise » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:03 am

CalamityX12 wrote:Good lord, Bane??? Boston walks out with Nesmeth and Bane! Lol that’s not fair ... great pick at the end IMO

Desmond Bane is headed to the Grizzlies.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#222 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:04 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Marks just made an outstanding trade for an elite young shooter and you are made because he didnt draft a guy who project to be a 10th man on a good team in maybe 3 years from now. If we want someone like bey we can get one for peanuts like how we got brown.

We wouldnt even of drafted bey because we need guys who can help us win during the Kyrie/KD window.

Yea KD wanted shamet, cause shamet is an elite shooter and guy who impacts the game. not bey, who you forget is on the team while he racks up DNPs and bounces back and forth between the d-league

We’ll see how great Shamet is when he’s the one often times sitting on the bench for cold shooting

He's a career 40% 3pt shooter my guy what are you talking about?

Wasn’t Morrow a high 40s shooter too?
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#223 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:04 am

Like Terry for Dallas... finally should spell Doncic... good move
The ModFather

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#224 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:04 am

Paradise wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:Good lord, Bane??? Boston walks out with Nesmeth and Bane! Lol that’s not fair ... great pick at the end IMO

Desmond Bane is headed to the Grizzlies.

Ohh sorry... these trades are clear cut to me... sorry
The ModFather

Paradise

Official Nets 2020 Draft Thread 

Post#225 » by Paradise » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:05 am

CalamityX12 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:Oh yea lol Temple wasn’t in my mind lol.. i already assumed his ass is grass(as should be). Prince best service is as a trade piece, he’s suppose to be what Bey can be but better.

I knew Bey before the bubble, limited all around prospects but Bey(along with others) was a prospect that filled the needs of what could make the team more successful and help key areas.

in 3 years bey may have helped us in a handful of minutes

shamet is helping us from day 1 for 20-25 minutes a game.

Guys like Shamet are super rare. There are alot of excellent knock down shooters. there are few who can shoot 40% from deep while coming off screens, off balance, hand in the face, little aird space, and then when you take away the deep look can put it on the floor, finish at the rim, and put pressure on the D beyond standing in the corner

he is like harris only with a 40 inch verticle. high bbiq and super pesky.

this should be a move nets fans are in love with.

Then why did the Clippers part with Shamet?

Because they are retooling their team from the Doc Rivers era. George or Bev could be next. He’s not a bad player but they want Kennard instead. I don’t think he’s a better player than Kennard but is refresher for them under Lue.
Sharcm1
Veteran
And1: 688

Post#226 » by Sharcm1 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:05 am

There is literally a thread on the clippers board titled Landry shamet regression. Lol. Yep he’s a great player
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#227 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:06 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Sharcm1 wrote:Everyone going on and on about how shamet is better than taking a player like Bey etc. I understand it. We know what shamet can do. But it’s not always about the better player. Sometimes it’s about the best fit and the need. And yes it seems that other moves will happen. But they haven’t happened yet. And if they don’t happen the the team is greatly missing a pf and defense sf. And will have many many guards. Didn’t everyone want to resign Tyler Johnson. Well not now. Is shamet better than Johnson ? Don’t forget as of right now we have Irving, Dinwiddie, levert, brown, plus if we keep Johnson and chioza. Now let’s add another guard. Yes moves are coming. But we don’t what they are.

Bey could go on to become an excellent pro, however, Shamet is a proven NBA commodity that fits a role on a team that is having it's offense designed by Mike D'Antoni. Think about it for a minute.

D’Antoni offense fails.... if we want to go that route, it fails... that’s why I’m hoping Nash adds his style and scheme to make it work....
The ModFather

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#228 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:07 am

Paradise wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
in 3 years bey may have helped us in a handful of minutes

shamet is helping us from day 1 for 20-25 minutes a game.

Guys like Shamet are super rare. There are alot of excellent knock down shooters. there are few who can shoot 40% from deep while coming off screens, off balance, hand in the face, little aird space, and then when you take away the deep look can put it on the floor, finish at the rim, and put pressure on the D beyond standing in the corner

he is like harris only with a 40 inch verticle. high bbiq and super pesky.

this should be a move nets fans are in love with.

Then why did the Clippers part with Shamet?

Because they are retooling their team from the Doc Rivers era. He’s not a bad player but they want Kennard instead. I don’t think he’s a better player but he’s a refresher.

But why would they want Kennard over an elite shooter? Shamet is at a low pay too....
The ModFather

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#229 » by Prokorov » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:07 am

Sharcm1 wrote:Everyone going on and on about how shamet is better than taking a player like Bey etc. I understand it. We know what shamet can do. But it’s not always about the better player. Sometimes it’s about the best fit and the need. And yes it seems that other moves will happen. But they haven’t happened yet. And if they don’t happen the the team is greatly missing a pf and defense sf. And will have many many guards. Didn’t everyone want to resign Tyler Johnson. Well not now. Is shamet better than Johnson ? Don’t forget as of right now we have Irving, Dinwiddie, levert, brown, plus if we keep Johnson and chioza. Now let’s add another guard. Yes moves are coming. But we don’t what they are.

Shamet is not just a better player but a better fit. tough to find a better fit for this roster then guys like harris and shamet.

Bey doesnt help us. and for being a defensive prospect can we stop talking about him like he is a gary peyton/KG combo. He is like maybe semi ojele in 2 or 3 years
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#230 » by Prokorov » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:09 am

CalamityX12 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:We’ll see how great Shamet is when he’s the one often times sitting on the bench for cold shooting

Morrow didnt have a 40 inch veticle.
Morrow wasnt an elite finisher at the rim
Morrow didnt move off ball the way shamet does
Morrow didnt pass like shamet does
Morrow wasnt as disruptive on D as shamet is with deflections/blocks

Reggie miller was also a 40% shooter while we are throwing out exagerated awful comparisons. You want a comparison to shamet? something between Joe Harris and Matt Barnes
Sharcm1
Veteran
And1: 688

Post#231 » by Sharcm1 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:12 am

Why the f is everyone making shamet out to be a superstar player. He’s a role player that played like crap in the bubble and in play offs. Go read the clippers board.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#232 » by Prokorov » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:15 am

CalamityX12 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Bey could go on to become an excellent pro, however, Shamet is a proven NBA commodity that fits a role on a team that is having it's offense designed by Mike D'Antoni. Think about it for a minute.

D’Antoni offense fails.... if we want to go that route, it fails... that’s why I’m hoping Nash adds his style and scheme to make it work....

How does it fail exactly? its been top 5 consistently (multiple times #1) in his tenure across multiple teams in 2 different eras. Its work in the NBA. its worked internationally.

His offense has had lesser teams take elite teams to the brink. His rockets too KDs warriors to 7 games. his suns took the Shaq/Kobe 3-peat lakers to 7 and may have won if not for a very controversial Amare suspension.

Lebron/KD/Steph/Kawhi have won like the last 10 titles and most of the last 10 tites were won by super teams with a top 3 player.

Saying D'antonis offense fails because it couldnt top GOAT players on GOAT superteams is silly.

Its not like the rockets/suns were winning 50 and 60 games and then getting upset in the first round. they have gotten deep in the playoffs consitently and pushed great teams to the birnk.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,574

Post#233 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:15 am

No one said Shamet is a superstar. He is an excellent shooter that fits a need. After seeing the Clippers implode last season, I am willing to give Shamet the benefit of a doubt that last year was an outlier.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Paradise

Post#234 » by Paradise » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:19 am

Sixers acquire Seth Curry for Richardson and 36th Pick.

Read on Twitter
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#235 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:20 am

Prokorov wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

How does it fail exactly? its been top 5 consistently (multiple times #1) in his tenure across multiple teams in 2 different eras. Its work in the NBA. its worked internationally.

His offense has had lesser teams take elite teams to the brink. His rockets too KDs warriors to 7 games. his suns took the Shaq/Kobe 3-peat lakers to 7 and may have won if not for a very controversial Amare suspension.

Lebron/KD/Steph/Kawhi have won like the last 10 titles and most of the last 10 tites were won by super teams with a top 3 player.

Saying D'antonis offense fails because it couldnt top GOAT players on GOAT superteams is silly.

Its not like the rockets/suns were winning 50 and 60 games and then getting upset in the first round. they have gotten deep in the playoffs consitently and pushed great teams to the birnk.

Point was that Shamet being in a MDA offense is like a world beater... at least how I interpret it.
The ModFather

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#236 » by Prokorov » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:20 am

Sharcm1 wrote:Why the f is everyone making shamet out to be a superstar player. He’s a role player that played like crap in the bubble and in play offs. Go read the clippers board.

Of course he is a role player. you dont get Lebron types for the #19 pick. Like Joe Harris he is a very good role player with an important elite skill.

And people need to stop talking about the bubble. We have hundreds of non-bubble regular season games to go off. drop the recency bias. Why exactly are people putting enormous stock in a handful of games after months of a layoff, in an absurd pandemic scenario with no fans, teams missing key players to illness, 80% of teams with nothing to play for in the seeding games. and neyond that, the dude shot 36% from deep still in the playoffs in the bubble. he struggled for a few games in the denver series after they went up. the entire team was at odds and had a meltdown.

why ignore 150+ real regular season games for the bubble for ANYONE? makes no sense

Nets fans should be excited about shamet. great fit, day 1 rotation player, eltie shooter on a team with stars who will kill you with spacing, and at 23 still has room to grow. and he is a high iq, hard working, good dude. there is nothing not to like. we gave up next ot nothing for him
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#237 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:22 am

Prokorov wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Morrow didnt have a 40 inch veticle.
Morrow wasnt an elite finisher at the rim
Morrow didnt move off ball the way shamet does
Morrow didnt pass like shamet does
Morrow wasnt as disruptive on D as shamet is with deflections/blocks

Reggie miller was also a 40% shooter while we are throwing out exagerated awful comparisons. You want a comparison to shamet? something between Joe Harris and Matt Barnes

We have different views on Shamet, a lot you described him isn’t what I see from him consistently... neither has Philly or LAC...

Reggie also had more going for him than Shamet... so Shamet is Miller like All star?(idk if Miller is HOF, i would think but totally blanking)
The ModFather

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#238 » by Prokorov » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:24 am

Paradise wrote:Sixers acquire Seth Curry for Richardson and 36th Pick.

Read on Twitter

We give up #19 for a shooter

76ers give up the guy they traded jimmy butler for and #36
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#239 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:25 am

From the Athletic:

“ Clippers receive Luke Kennard
Going from Landry Shamet to Luke Kennard is an improvement for the Clippers. While they desperately needed the shooting of Shamet at various times during the regular season and playoffs, he just wasn’t consistent enough to trust on the floor.

The biggest problem for Shamet and the Clippers was they just didn’t trust him with the ball in his hands. At times they needed him to attack closeouts off the dribble or just handle the ball in general. He really struggled against defensive pressure.

Kennard is just as good of a shooter, if not better, and he’s a very good playmaker. He’s shown that he’s comfortable with the ball in his hands, and made a big leap in playmaking last season under Dwane Casey.

...with Kennard, the Clippers also get a guy who can run pick-and-roll actions, come off dribble handoffs and attack closeouts. If Kawhi or PG kicks the ball to Kennard, Ty Lue can trust he’ll make better plays with it.

If they need Kennard to run some initiating with the second unit, he can absolutely do that. It’s a great upgrade for the Clippers, but Kennard does become a restricted free agent next summer. So it might end up being a one year rental if he earns a contract the Clippers decide not to match.

Grade: A-”
The ModFather

NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#240 » by NyCeEvO » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:31 am

Paradise wrote:Sixers acquire Seth Curry for Richardson and 36th Pick.

Read on Twitter

I like this move for Philly.

Sure, they give up a defender but they gain shooting and floor spacing, which they desperately needed after seeing how bad they were on offense last season.

Return to Brooklyn Nets