Should the Lakers trade their depth/future for a 3rd star to counter Net's move?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Re: Should the Lakers trade their depth/future for a 3rd star to counter Net's move? 

Post#21 » by Pythagoras » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:17 am

iamworthy wrote::lol: Lakers will be fine as is.

Yep. No need for a splashy panicky move. Though I would like another 3-D player.
Numbers rule the universe.
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Re: Should the Lakers trade their depth/future for a 3rd star to counter Net's move? 

Post#22 » by iamworthy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:18 am

Pythagoras wrote:
iamworthy wrote::lol: Lakers will be fine as is.

Yep. No need for a splashy panicky move. Though I would like another 3-D player.

Ariza comes to mind
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,121

Post#23 » by PhilBlackson » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:19 am

Nope.

It's gonna be a battle of goliaths lol assuming BKN doesn't implode first....right now that's NOT a safe assumption.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,190

Post#24 » by Catchall » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:20 am

LakersSoul wrote:
Catchall wrote:Can't ignore the fact that the Nets have three of the top-10 offensive players in the league if they gel.

Also can't ignore that the Lakers have limited trade assets.

The problem is there is only 1 ball and all 3 need the ball in their hands. Image the ego battles between Kyrie and Harden then KD does his passive aggressive stuff.

What a circus that will become. Who is going to play D and who is going to defend the rim now? The loss of Allen is HUGE!!

The Warriors made it work with Steph, KD and Klay. I'm assuming these Team USA guys will play nice with one another. They do need some depth and defense, but good luck trying to guard those three at the same time. You're talking about Harden drawing doubles and kicking out to Durant for open looks. They need Deandre Jordan to get engaged and play well on both ends.

With D'Antoni on the Nets' bench, there's a lot of potential to make this work.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
r0drig0lac
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,237

Post#25 » by r0drig0lac » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:21 am

no doubt, or at least try to reduce the loss of Howard / Javale, I think they lost a lot of size and that could make a difference in the playoffs
JB2
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,075

Post#26 » by JB2 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:23 am

r0drig0lac wrote:no doubt, or at least try to reduce the loss of Howard / Javale, I think they lost a lot of size and that could make a difference in the playoffs

Lakers don't need size to play the Nets. A big defensive wing would be nice but that's about it.
Tracymcgoaty
RealGM
And1: 16,154

Post#27 » by Tracymcgoaty » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:24 am

I love this team. **** that we roll with what we got.
Raul
“The other day I saw one of his games. He was running with the ball at a hundred per cent full speed, I don’t know how many touches he took, maybe five or six, but the ball was glued to his foot. It’s practically impossible.”
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,477

Post#28 » by zeebneeb » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:24 am

Catchall wrote:Can't ignore the fact that the Nets have three of the top-10 offensive players in the league if they gel.

Yeah!

If they(Nets)can hold teams to 130, they should win the majority of their games.
Han Solo
General Manager
And1: 7,443

Post#29 » by Han Solo » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:25 am

The Lakers will probably get Derrick Rose at the deadline. That’s my guess this year. Think it finally gets done.

Lakers are built to compete with anyone. Anything else they add is a luxury.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#30 » by FNQ » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:26 am

zeebneeb wrote:

Yeah!

If they(Nets)can hold teams to 130, they should win the majority of their games.

We had Curry/Klay/KD and we still needed to play defense, and did. Diminishing returns is absolutely a thing
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,190

Post#31 » by Catchall » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:27 am

zeebneeb wrote:

Yeah!

The Nets still have low-usage guys like Bruce Brown, Nic Claxton and TLC to run around and play defense.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Da ThRONe
Veteran
And1: 1,886

Post#32 » by Da ThRONe » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:27 am

Even if the answer is yes who can they get. They traded us all their picks and all there depth is solid but nobody is trading a star for any of them.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,121

Post#33 » by Mamba Mentality » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:28 am

a **** ton of iso ball from Lebron tonight, I guess it's okay when he decides to go LeCurry
zeebneeb
RealGM

Post#34 » by zeebneeb » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:29 am

FNQ wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:

Yeah!

We had Curry/Klay/KD and we still needed to play defense, and did. Diminishing returns is absolutely a thing
That's the joke.gif

Damn man.
levon
RealGM
And1: 22,998

Post#35 » by levon » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:30 am

r0drig0lac wrote:no doubt, or at least try to reduce the loss of Howard / Javale, I think they lost a lot of size and that could make a difference in the playoffs

What if I told you that blocks are up and shots at the rim are being deterred at a higher rate this year? Also that opp fg% at the rim is down this year?
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#36 » by FNQ » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:30 am

zeebneeb wrote:
FNQ wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:Yeah!

That's the joke.gif

Damn man.

lol dont blame me, look around, thats an actual take around here
zeebneeb
RealGM

Post#37 » by zeebneeb » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:32 am

FNQ wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:
FNQ wrote:
That's the joke.gif

Damn man.

lol dont blame me, look around, thats an actual take around here
You know what, your right. I sometimes forget the general board is hot take city at times.
r0drig0lac
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,237

Post#38 » by r0drig0lac » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:33 am

levon wrote:

What if I told you that blocks are up and shots at the rim are being deterred at a higher rate this year? Also that opp fg% at the rim is down this year?

it's interesting, although I prefer to wait at least half the season to check those numbers.
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,298

Post#39 » by DrCoach » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:34 am

What depth future?
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,077

Post#40 » by Dr Aki » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:35 am

Han Solo wrote:The Lakers will probably get Derrick Rose at the deadline. That’s my guess this year. Think it finally gets done.

Lakers are built to compete with anyone. Anything else they add is a luxury.

The Lakers are so close to the hard cap, that they can only sign a vet min from Feb 15 onwards.

Otherwise, the other way they can do anything is to trade exact like for like salary, like vet min (McKinnie/Cook/Dudley/Markieff) for another player earning the minimum

Return to The General Board