The Official Jazz Off-Topic Thread

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

trex_8063
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,263

Re: The Official Jazz Off-Topic Thread 

Post#581 » by trex_8063 » Sat Mar 7, 2020 3:44 am

OK: predictions on how many wins the Jazz finish with?

40-22 after tonight. Although only nine of the last 20 games are on the road, and only nine are against >.500 teams......several of those ">.500 teams" are the league's elite (two vs Lakers, two vs Nuggets, one vs Clippers, one vs Raptors), plus one against a .500 team (Memphis), and one against the Pelicans (who are playing really well of late). So it's not exactly an easy finish to the year.

I'm going with 51 (maybe 52); I don't think we can win more than 12 of 20 against that line-up. More than likely earn them a 5-seed facing Houston.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." -George Carlin

"The fact that a proposition is absurd has never hindered those who wish to believe it." -Edward Rutherfurd
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,461

Post#582 » by Inigo Montoya » Fri Apr 3, 2020 2:15 pm

Don't know if anyone is into this sort of thing, but if anyone is into prog and melodic death metal, there's a band called Shylmagoghnar and they're absolutely spectacular. What's even more impressive is that there are only two people in this project, one of them is playing all the instruments, and the other one is doing the vocals. They have two albums--Emergence and Transience and the are both completely awesome.

Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
And1: 2,064

Post#583 » by FJS » Sun May 17, 2020 6:19 pm

In spain in the ps store nba2k20 is for 5€. I just got it after 10 years or so without playing. I'm just enjoying playing with historic teams.
I'm playing resident evil 2 remake. 98 was a good year... with a ring would have been better
vryadli
Rookie
And1: 357

Post#584 » by vryadli » Mon May 18, 2020 3:14 am

Inigo Montoya wrote:Don't know if anyone is into this sort of thing, but if anyone is into prog and melodic death metal, there's a band called Shylmagoghnar and they're absolutely spectacular. What's even more impressive is that there are only two people in this project, one of them is playing all the instruments, and the other one is doing the vocals. They have two albums--Emergence and Transience and the are both completely awesome.

Did you ever hear Finntroll? Than's one of my favorites. Vocal is similar, but Finntroll music is quite more aggressive an so well suited foe runners.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#585 » by Inigo Montoya » Mon May 18, 2020 6:05 pm

vryadli wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:Don't know if anyone is into this sort of thing, but if anyone is into prog and melodic death metal, there's a band called Shylmagoghnar and they're absolutely spectacular. What's even more impressive is that there are only two people in this project, one of them is playing all the instruments, and the other one is doing the vocals. They have two albums--Emergence and Transience and the are both completely awesome.

Did you ever hear Finntroll? Than's one of my favorites. Vocal is similar, but Finntroll music is quite more aggressive an so well suited foe runners.

Don't know them. I'm listening to their Nifelvind album and I like it so far.

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz

Post#586 » by FJS » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:32 am

Anyone has played TLOU 2? Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-J710F using RealGM mobile app
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#587 » by Inigo Montoya » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:11 pm

FJS wrote:Anyone has played TLOU 2? Thoughts?

I'm afraid not. Not a console guy. Release it on PC and I'll happily check it out.

FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz

Post#588 » by FJS » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:52 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
FJS wrote:Anyone has played TLOU 2? Thoughts?

I'm afraid not. Not a console guy. Release it on PC and I'll happily check it out.

I was not either. But Tlou got me there and probably I'm really happy to be a PS guy now. A lot of amazing game, and I rather to play in a big screen instead of a monitor. I love PC, but is easy to play in a console. Just put/download the game and play.
FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz

Post#589 » by FJS » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:16 pm

Just asking myself if it is a good idea to have this topic sticked when anybody is posting there.
Time to unstick it?
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#590 » by Inigo Montoya » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:08 pm

FJS wrote:Just asking myself if it is a good idea to have this topic sticked when anybody is posting there.
Time to unstick it?

I'd wait. Cyberpunk 2077 is almost out...

El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Post#591 » by El Hespiritu » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:25 am

I was about to refloat the Utroll thread.

But then I just thought it was better to post it here because you can't be more off-topic than this:

Read on Twitter

A friend of mine saw my new Xmas avi and just sent me this.
He earned my eternal gratitude.

Aiyä! guys... happy to see you around again.
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz

Post#592 » by FJS » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:30 am

El Hespiritu wrote:I was about to refloat the Utroll thread.

But then I just thought it was better to post it here because you can't be more off-topic than this:

Read on Twitter

A friend of mine saw my new Xmas avi and just sent me this.
He earned my eternal gratitude.

Aiyä! guys... happy to see you around again.

noi! Què collons és això?
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Post#593 » by El Hespiritu » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:06 pm

FJS wrote:noi! Què collons és això?
Ostres! És el primer cop que em parles en Català... i mira que he estat aquí un temps!

Long story... 'Padoru Padoru' is a traditional Christmas-meme thing for Latam Otakus (manga and anime fans from Hispanoamérica).
They often make avatars with that Chibi Santa Claus figure during Christmas time, with different heads of their favorite anime characters.

I put my own head on it, my friend saw it, searched the original source of the meme and made an edit out of it.

Earned my eternal gratitude... When I saw it, I sent him a message telling him:

'From now on, my ass belongs to you!'
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz

Post#594 » by FJS » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:41 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
FJS wrote:Just asking myself if it is a good idea to have this topic sticked when anybody is posting there.
Time to unstick it?

So are you playing Cyberpunk? As a ps4 owner I think I will wait a little.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#595 » by Inigo Montoya » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:18 pm

FJS wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:
Time to unstick it?

I actually got a new PC yesterday and have the hardware to run it properly, but I'm not going to touch this game for like, a year. Maybe more. It's not only that it's buggy and isn't running that well (it's better on PC, but there are still bug and performance issues, particularly with AMD hardware), but it's the fact the a lot of content was cut from the game. Content that was previously shown and 'promised', and that would have made this game so much better, but the management made the devs cut it out of the game so they could release it ASAP. So I'll wait until all the bugs are fixed, all the DLC and the expansions are released, and maybe by that point they'll also put in some of the features they were forced to cut. What I'm hearing about this game, bugs and performance issues aside, is that it's pretty superficial.

KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#596 » by KqWIN » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:52 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
FJS wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:I'd wait. Cyberpunk 2077 is almost out...

I actually got a new PC yesterday and have the hardware to run it properly, but I'm not going to touch this game for like, a year. Maybe more. It's not only that it's buggy and isn't running that well (it's better on PC, but there are still bug and performance issues, particularly with AMD hardware), but it's the fact the a lot of content was cut from the game. Content that was previously shown and 'promised', and that would have made this game so much better, but the management made the devs cut it out of the game so they could release it ASAP. So I'll wait until all the bugs are fixed, all the DLC and the expansions are released, and maybe by that point they'll also put in some of the features they were forced to cut. What I'm hearing about this game, bugs and performance issues aside, is that it's pretty superficial.

I actually bought a PC in preparation for Cyberpunk 2077 about a year ago. FML lol.

I played it a bit on my rig but didn't get too far into the game. I did experience some bugs, but I stopped playing because the game wasn't too great. I guess I had too high of expectations after the Witcher, but 2077's story wasn't that great and the characters felt watered down. I think it's pretty obvious that they cut out a huge portion of the story and replaced it with a cut scene because they had to rush. Maybe they'll release as a DLC, but it felt really cheap and took me out of the game.

I also have to agree with what you've head. The gameplay is also pretty bad. The mechanics feel like you're playing a bad PS2 game. Even if there were no bugs, the gameplay is not what you would expect from a AAA game that came out in 2020. The only thing that seems AAA about this game is the scenery, but you can only enjoy that if you have an excellent rig and the immersion can be ruined at any moment by a glitch or bug.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#597 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:10 am

I was always cautious about this game. Couldn't get hyped about it. Not that I knew or thought that what ended up happening would happen, but the setting itself gave me pause. I love open world games, but I hate open world games that take place in a modern or futuristic city. Yes, that includes GTA - never liked that franchise. The problem is all those buildings - they are there to be ignored, and you can't interact with 99.9% of them, so you just drive next to them and ignore them, as they are part of the scenery and nothing more. To me, it breaks the immersion immediately, and constantly, and I can't ignore it.

The second reason is that any modern or futuristic city is still very much based on regular, 'real life' city concepts in terms of their looks. The graphics may be really good, but I find it unenjoyable to walk\drive through a city. Whether it's dirty and dilapidated, or filled with shiny skyscrapers, those are still mostly big rectangular objects that look too much like real life--it doesn't provide much escapism or sense of wonder because what I'd be seeing on the screen is still too close to what I can see when I look outside or walk in every city. It's just not that fun to look at.

The last main reason is the gameplay. When they went first-person it became almost a certainty that the combat would suck. I was worried we'd get something like a Fallout 4 combat mixed with some Deus Ex--two games that don't excel in combat, at least in my opinion. The gunplay did turn out like that as far as I can tell, and I don't think anyone has yet to make a game with good melee combat in first person perspective, so I was concerned that part wouldn't be that good too.

So all these factors combined made me less than excited about the game, even though I held CD Projekt at the highest of regards due to their handling of the Witcher material. And now, with the bugs and all, and the performance issues, and the cut content, I'm just not that excited to play it just yet. Hopefully they'll be able to redeem themselves with fixes, DLCs, expansions and probably most importantly--fleshing out the game and bringing back the cut content, and then I'll check out the game in a year or so, maybe if/when they release a GOTY edition.

KqWIN
RealGM

Post#598 » by KqWIN » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:52 pm

Tried to play Cyberpunk again...this game would be bad if it was made in 2010. It will take them years to fix all of the bugs, but the game mechanics are too much to overcome.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#599 » by Inigo Montoya » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:55 am

KqWIN wrote:Tried to play Cyberpunk again...this game would be bad if it was made in 2010. It will take them years to fix all of the bugs, but the game mechanics are too much to overcome.

Yeah, I'm not touching this game for a long while. The thing is that it's not they cut content that never existed, they have systems they worked on that just weren't ready for the release and were cut so it's not like they'll have to start from scratch if they wanted to add them. I suspect that many of the bugs people are experiencing are due to cut content\systems that were supposed to interact with other things that remained in the game.

So yeah, fix the performance issue, then fix the bugs. Then, work on the AI, immersion, insertion of cut content (including additional choices and dialogue options) and then we'll see. As it stands, the only way I'd be willing to try this game at all is if they significantly enhance and flesh out the systems in this game, regardless of bugs.

KqWIN
RealGM

Post#600 » by KqWIN » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:05 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
KqWIN wrote:Tried to play Cyberpunk again...this game would be bad if it was made in 2010. It will take them years to fix all of the bugs, but the game mechanics are too much to overcome.

Yeah, I'm not touching this game for a long while. The thing is that it's not they cut content that never existed, they have systems they worked on that just weren't ready for the release and were cut so it's not like they'll have to start from scratch if they wanted to add them. I suspect that many of the bugs people are experiencing are due to cut content\systems that were supposed to interact with other things that remained in the game.

So yeah, fix the performance issue, then fix the bugs. Then, work on the AI, immersion, insertion of cut content (including additional choices and dialogue options) and then we'll see. As it stands, the only way I'd be willing to try this game at all is if they significantly enhance and flesh out the systems in this game, regardless of bugs.

They obviously knew their game was bad and released it anyways. The tinfoil hat theory I have is that they knew it was extra bad on consoles and tried to use that as a distraction. It’s literally unplayable on PS4 or Xbox One, so that is what they are tackling first. But making it work on a console doesn’t change the awful game mechanics that would exist if you played it on a top notch PC. It’s seriously an early 2000’s caliber game when you remove all the bugs. It might look beautiful when they optimize it better...but what about the awful game mechanics and cutting out a large portion of the story? Is that ever coming? Probably not. They are years away from simply fixing the bugs. Doubt they are planning a gameplay overhaul.

Return to Utah Jazz