dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,495

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#1021 » by dms269 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:58 am

D21 wrote:
Read on Twitter

If Horford was to be bought out, would you like him being back here ?

Nope.

His dad bashed us as fans and his sister said "**** em" about us. I don't care if Al tried to makes things better with his statement about what his dad said. He can rot on OKC for all I care.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
tbhawksfan1
Analyst
And1: 2,036

Post#1022 » by tbhawksfan1 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:48 pm

I thought silly season was over :noway:
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Post#1023 » by Jamaaliver » Sun Apr 4, 2021 11:14 pm

This kid has developed into a pretty solid prospect. Might be worth targeting if BOS pursues a trade for J Collins in the future.

Read on Twitter
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Post#1024 » by jayu70 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:01 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:This kid has developed into a pretty solid prospect. Might be worth targeting if BOS pursues a trade for J Collins in the future.

Read on Twitter

To back up Clint while leaving a PF void?
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Post#1025 » by kg01 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:27 pm

Yeah, not on board with R. Williams being that valuable a piece. If he played for the Hornets or Wizards or something, he wouldn't get near as much pub as a prospect as he does.
king01 :king:
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#1026 » by Spud2nique » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:44 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:This kid has developed into a pretty solid prospect. Might be worth targeting if BOS pursues a trade for J Collins in the future.

Read on Twitter

Boston getting Collins? No way, I’d do a sign and trade with 28 teams before Boston.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#1027 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:55 pm

jayu70 wrote:To back up Clint while leaving a PF void?

No, more like to provide depth in the front court and use as currency in a future trade.

If we do have to part ways with Collins via trade, it's unlikely anyone is giving up a young, All Star caliber PF entering his prime in return. So we just need to get the most attractive trade pieces to move in the future.

Spoiler:
jayu70 wrote:
Read on Twitter

John Collins, Atlanta Hawks

The Hawks, sources say, have long since begun talking to teams about moving him and appear to have become more motivated recently. Per Shams, Minnesota and Boston are interested in Collins.

The Hawks are pushing hard for a productive young prospect to come their way in return, but Collins’ production (17.8 points, 7.6 rebounds per game) would be hard to push for the playoffs without.
Still, it’s felt like that’s where this was headed ever since Hawks GM Travis Schlenk landed big man Clint Capela in February 2020 and thus chipped away at Collins’ leverage in negotiations.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Post#1028 » by jayu70 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:13 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
jayu70 wrote:To back up Clint while leaving a PF void?

No, more like to provide depth in the front court and use as currency in a future trade.

If we do have to part ways with Collins via trade, it's unlikely anyone is giving up a young, All Star caliber PF entering his prime in return. So we just need to get the most attractive trade pieces to move in the future.

Spoiler:
jayu70 wrote:
Read on Twitter

John Collins, Atlanta Hawks

The Hawks, sources say, have long since begun talking to teams about moving him and appear to have become more motivated recently. Per Shams, Minnesota and Boston are interested in Collins.

The Hawks are pushing hard for a productive young prospect to come their way in return, but Collins’ production (17.8 points, 7.6 rebounds per game) would be hard to push for the playoffs without.
Still, it’s felt like that’s where this was headed ever since Hawks GM Travis Schlenk landed big man Clint Capela in February 2020 and thus chipped away at Collins’ leverage in negotiations.

I guess I have two questions:
1. Who is the "young, All Star caliber PF entering his prime in return" that maybe available?
2. How close is JC to being that "young, All Star caliber PF entering his prime"

I think we need to recalibrate in terms of what an offseason trade expectation is as one of the reasons not to make the trade at the deadline was a playoff push which we are in currently.
The Clint leverage was prior to actually seeing what the JC/CC pairing would actually look like - I would say it has been successful on both offense and defense.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#1029 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:20 pm

Spud2nique wrote:Boston getting Collins? No way, I’d do a sign and trade with 28 teams before Boston.

Man, the perfect, ideal trade is still something like

Washington receives: John Collins, Kevin Huerter, Tyrese Maxey, OKC 1st round pick (protected), ATL 2021 1st round pick, Philly 2021 2nd round pick, Miami 2021 2nd round pick
Philadelphia receives: Brad Beal, Troy Brown, Jr., Daniel Gafford, WAS top-4 protected 2021 pick
Atlanta receives: Ben Simmons, Rui Hachimura, Matisse Thybulle, Paul Reed, Philly 2021 1st round pick

But Beal refuses to leave that woebegone franchise.
Ball4life32
Veteran
And1: 2,470

Post#1030 » by Ball4life32 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:28 pm

Simmons doesn’t fit with Capela or Okongwu at all and I can’t see a bunch of poor/non shooters being ideal.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#1031 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:32 pm

jayu70 wrote:I guess I have two questions:
1. Who is the "young, All Star caliber PF entering his prime in return" that maybe available?
2. How close is JC to being that "young, All Star caliber PF entering his prime"

I think we need to recalibrate in terms of what an offseason trade expectation is as one of the reasons not to make the trade at the deadline was a playoff push which we are in currently.
The Clint leverage was prior to actually seeing what the JC/CC pairing would actually look like - I would say it has been successful on both offense and defense.

1. There currently isn't one. That's the problem. We still need to get as much in return as possible. Though Ben Simmons is faltering yet again playing next to Embiid and would be a perfect fit next to Trae.
1.b Robert Williams would just be a small part in a larger trade. Not the centerpiece.

2. Pretty close. But our front office seems reluctant to over pay to keep him. Spending so much last off season seems to be limiting us as all of our young talent gets closer to a larger payday. Again, it's Schlenk's front office that reportedly made Collins available.

NOTE: I kind of wonder if Capela's emergence has made Collins more expendable. We're still moving up the standings with Collins out. If Hunter is now truly considered the 2nd best young player on our team and Capela is the anchor in the middle, it allows for us to consolidate some of our young pieces and re-allocate more resources elsewhere.

Especially with Okongwu showing signs of life.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#1032 » by Spud2nique » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:11 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:Boston getting Collins? No way, I’d do a sign and trade with 28 teams before Boston.

Man, the perfect, ideal trade is still something like

Washington receives: John Collins, Kevin Huerter, Tyrese Maxey, OKC 1st round pick (protected), ATL 2021 1st round pick, Philly 2021 2nd round pick, Miami 2021 2nd round pick
Philadelphia receives: Brad Beal, Troy Brown, Jr., Daniel Gafford, WAS top-4 protected 2021 pick
Atlanta receives: Ben Simmons, Rui Hachimura, Matisse Thybulle, Paul Reed, Philly 2021 1st round pick

But Beal refuses to leave that woebegone franchise.

I dunno it’s fair for sure but I’m back and forth on Ben. I absolutely hate players with no perimeter game. I understand that fits well with Trae and he’s got everything else but I love Collins too. Love Paul Reed he was my sleeper Paul Millsap type in the draft. Lunch pail guy. Thybulle is a defensive wiz too but Huerter is coming around. I don’t hate it but like our core also.

I think Beal will leave soon. I don’t believe he’s gonna make it through the Wiz rebuilding process, he can’t say he wants to stay but I think he will want out soon enough.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#1033 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:33 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:Washington receives: John Collins, Kevin Huerter, Tyrese Maxey, OKC 1st round pick (protected), ATL 2021 1st round pick, Philly 2021 2nd round pick, Miami 2021 2nd round pick

I dunno it’s fair for sure but I’m back and forth on Ben. I absolutely hate players with no perimeter game.

Love Paul Reed he was my sleeper Paul Millsap type in the draft. Lunch pail guy.

I thought you might like that Paul Reed inclusion.

I understand your reluctance.

But a starting group of:

Ben Simmons
DeAndre Hunter
Bogdan Bogdan
Trae Young

With Gallinari, Okongwu, Reddish, Thybulle, Rui, Paul Reed

We'd need to unload some forwards and frontcourt players, but damn that's a deep team with shooting, passing, defense and two elite playmakers to bring it all together.
Ball4life32
Veteran
And1: 2,470

Post#1034 » by Ball4life32 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:28 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:Washington receives: John Collins, Kevin Huerter, Tyrese Maxey, OKC 1st round pick (protected), ATL 2021 1st round pick, Philly 2021 2nd round pick, Miami 2021 2nd round pick

I dunno it’s fair for sure but I’m back and forth on Ben. I absolutely hate players with no perimeter game.

Love Paul Reed he was my sleeper Paul Millsap type in the draft. Lunch pail guy.

I thought you might like that Paul Reed inclusion.

I understand your reluctance.

But a starting group of:

Ben Simmons
DeAndre Hunter
Bogdan Bogdan
Trae Young

With Gallinari, Okongwu, Reddish, Thybulle, Rui, Paul Reed

We'd need to unload some forwards and frontcourt players, but damn that's a deep team with shooting, passing, defense and two elite playmakers to bring it all together.

I don’t see the shooting....Only Trae, Bogi, Hunter & Gallo can consistently shoot on this team now (& two of them are 36% or below). If one or two of them gets hurts... this team could be one of the worst shooting teams in the league like last year imo.

And to me...if Simmons/Embidd is a questionable fit then I don’t see anyway Simmons/Capela works. Embidd is more skilled then Capela. Even with Simmons defense, passing and ball handling (which i agree would be great) i just don’t think you can play two guys who can’t score outside of 5 feet together anymore imo..

Rui (poor shooter & defender)
Thybulle (poor shooter & negative offensively)

Don’t know to much about Reed but I don’t see those guys fitting & i like the team construction a lot better now.

Also moot because I agree that Wizards won’t trade Beal & probably won’t like the above package. They were talking about wanting Collins, Hunter, Okongwu on their board earlier for Beal which I would reject quickly.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#1035 » by Jamaaliver » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:31 am

Ball4life32 wrote:And to me...if Simmons/Embidd is a questionable fit then I don’t see anyway Simmons/Capela works. Embidd is more skilled then Capela. Even with Simmons defense, passing and ball handling (which i agree would be great) i just don’t think you can play two guys who can’t score outside of 5 feet together anymore imo..

Correct. I intentionally left Capela out of the initial post; his game does not project to mesh well with Ben Simmons.

I really like Clint Capela and what he's brought to this Hawks team, but I'm not turning down elite talent because of him.

I'd probably look to ship out Clint, Rui and any 2021 draft picks in favor of more 3 & D

I just really like Simmons on our team as a much more talented version of point forward similar to Draymond -- next to Trae doing his best Steph impression.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#1036 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:09 am

Who says no?

Realistic Offseason Trades NBA

Hawks, Bulls Swap Plateauing Prospects

Atlanta Hawks receive: Coby White

Chicago Bulls receive: Cam Reddish, 2021 second-round pick (via Miami Heat) and 2023 second-round pick (via Portland Trail Blazers)

It isn't often a top-10 pick gets discarded within two years of his selection, so the Hawks and Bulls would be turning a few heads if they swapped their 2019 lottery picks.

But when you think about what each club needs and what each player brings, it isn't hard to see a universe in which they're thriving in the other's jersey.

The Hawks have been hunting for non-Trae Young offense since...well, forever. Despite investments in both supplemental scorers and a backup point guard (Rajon Rondo, who was traded four months into a two-year, $15 million deal), Atlanta's attack still collapses without its floor general. The Hawks' offense loses a whopping 13.5 points per 100 possessions when Young takes a seat.

Plug White into an instant-offense role behind Young and that issue could be solved as soon as the trade is finalized. White's struggles with shooting efficiency (40.8 field-goal percentage) and primary playmaking duties (4.6 assists in 31.4 minutes) are much easier to stomach in spark-plug stretches. And his good nights burn hot enough—11 outings of 20-plus points this season—to change a game's outcome.

Chicago doesn't have much need for a score-first guard with defensive limitations alongside Zach LaVine and Nikola Vucevic. But a defensively versatile wing who can splash open shots and perk up the secondary playmaking? Now you're talking the Bulls' language.

Granted, that description is too flattering for Reddish right now, which is the reason the Hawks might be ready to move on. (He was dangled for Lonzo Ball around the deadline, per The Ringer's Kevin O'Connor.) But Reddish has the tools for that role and he flashes the talent often enough for the Bulls to take the plunge—with the two second-rounders helping to cushion the risk.

White's best version answers a major question for Atlanta. Reddish's best version would be a gift from the basketball gods for Chicago. Even if the odds of either maxing out aren't great, the promise tied to that chance could be enough for each team to bite.
Bleacher Report
kg01
General Manager

Post#1037 » by kg01 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:10 am

I wouldn't trade a bad of deflated balls for coby white.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#1038 » by Spud2nique » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:46 am

Jamaaliver wrote:Who says no?

Realistic Offseason Trades NBA

Hawks, Bulls Swap Plateauing Prospects

Atlanta Hawks receive: Coby White

Chicago Bulls receive: Cam Reddish, 2021 second-round pick (via Miami Heat) and 2023 second-round pick (via Portland Trail Blazers)

It isn't often a top-10 pick gets discarded within two years of his selection, so the Hawks and Bulls would be turning a few heads if they swapped their 2019 lottery picks.

But when you think about what each club needs and what each player brings, it isn't hard to see a universe in which they're thriving in the other's jersey.

The Hawks have been hunting for non-Trae Young offense since...well, forever. Despite investments in both supplemental scorers and a backup point guard (Rajon Rondo, who was traded four months into a two-year, $15 million deal), Atlanta's attack still collapses without its floor general. The Hawks' offense loses a whopping 13.5 points per 100 possessions when Young takes a seat.

Plug White into an instant-offense role behind Young and that issue could be solved as soon as the trade is finalized. White's struggles with shooting efficiency (40.8 field-goal percentage) and primary playmaking duties (4.6 assists in 31.4 minutes) are much easier to stomach in spark-plug stretches. And his good nights burn hot enough—11 outings of 20-plus points this season—to change a game's outcome.

Chicago doesn't have much need for a score-first guard with defensive limitations alongside Zach LaVine and Nikola Vucevic. But a defensively versatile wing who can splash open shots and perk up the secondary playmaking? Now you're talking the Bulls' language.

Granted, that description is too flattering for Reddish right now, which is the reason the Hawks might be ready to move on. (He was dangled for Lonzo Ball around the deadline, per The Ringer's Kevin O'Connor.) But Reddish has the tools for that role and he flashes the talent often enough for the Bulls to take the plunge—with the two second-rounders helping to cushion the risk.

White's best version answers a major question for Atlanta. Reddish's best version would be a gift from the basketball gods for Chicago. Even if the odds of either maxing out aren't great, the promise tied to that chance could be enough for each team to bite.
Bleacher Report

I don’t say no, I scream it from a mountain top. :nonono:
kg01
General Manager

Post#1039 » by kg01 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:06 pm

Spud2nique wrote:I don’t say no, I scream it from a mountain top. :nonono:

Yeah, you can always find a point guard-sized shooting guard who's not a defender and who can't really run an offense every year in the 2nd round. Why trade for one?
shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,962

Post#1040 » by shakes0 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:02 pm

kg01 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:I don’t say no, I scream it from a mountain top. :nonono:

Yeah, you can always find a point guard-sized shooting guard who's not a defender and who can't really run an offense every year in the 2nd round. Why trade for one?

yea that's a horrible trade. Both players suck on offense, but at least one can help out defensively. I'll stick with that guy.

Return to Atlanta Hawks