The TRADE Thread 2021

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

OscarH
Sophomore
And1: 31

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#421 » by OscarH » Wed Aug 4, 2021 10:29 pm

OscarH wrote:
Amick also said that Fox and Hali non starters in trade talks.

Amick was saying this when asked about Simmons
OscarH
Sophomore

Post#422 » by OscarH » Wed Aug 4, 2021 10:56 pm

Read on Twitter

This would balance rotation a little and still have full MLE.
If could get Millsap and dump Bagley getting a solid 9/10 man rotation.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,568

Post#423 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Aug 4, 2021 11:06 pm

BoogieTime wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
The Sixers want a deal that ‘starts’ with Fox, so I think you’d understand how they would view that offer.

Buddy/Barnes/picks is barely positive

IMO Simmons value is equal to Fox because the Sixers are in a hard place and because of Simmons playoffs - before that Simmons had more value than Fox

Meaning if it’s not Fox it’s going to take a lot of assets that Philly likes.

Simmons doesn’t make sense with two ball heavy guards anyways

I wouldn’t read too much into that clip, looks like Monte is nodding his head prior to understanding the question, and I doubt he’d show his hand to a random fan in the stands

I won't go in circles on this, because we've had this conversation a dozen times on this board. But if Monte trades Fox for Simmons then he won't last long in this job.

Simmons is broken. Can't shoot, afraid to even go up for a layup. His mental is fragile as hell, and it certainly won't get better coming to basketball hell.

Fox is the better player. Hes getting better every day. Simmons has been the same player 3 years in a row.

Philly can ask whatever they want for Simmons, its literally a running meme on the internet. Nobody is paying that price, so good luck to them if they want to run back the same team and waste another year of Embids prime.

Do you see the second to last page of the Simmons trade thread in the t/t board? I think that reflects the average non biased position of Fox/Simmons worth, but perhaps we can start a thread there

If I start a poll with three options - Fox has more worth/same worth/Simmons has more worth, you think Fox has more worth would predominate?

The consensus on the page seems to be a straight swap.

But to be quiet honest I could care less. I don't base my player judgements on some herd valuation. I watch them and determine where I place the player. I don't want Simmons simple and plain. I don't think hes a winner. I think hes held Embid back for a few years while every other player has been used as a scape goat.

He doesn't elevate his team. He sure as hell isn't a superstar. Hes a larger Ricky Rubio, except Ricky learned how to shoot over the years. Most overrated player in the league. When he gets traded, and he is instantly exposed, that board will roast Sacramento for giving up a superstar star for bum Simmons.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,236

Post#424 » by blind prophet » Wed Aug 4, 2021 11:26 pm

OscarH wrote:
Read on Twitter

The guys on the TT board didn't seem to agree that the Kings could get this done, nor had any respect for the guy who posted that on Twitter.

I was suspicious myself and asked over there.
OscarH
Sophomore

Post#425 » by OscarH » Wed Aug 4, 2021 11:40 pm

blind prophet wrote:
OscarH wrote:
Read on Twitter

The guys on the TT board didn't seem to agree that the Kings could get this done, nor had any respect for the guy who posted that on Twitter.

I was suspicious myself and asked over there.

That's good to know. Have heard that GSW want to S&T Oubre as want some return. Guess to get a Oubre on a reasonable deal GSW would have to add some salary matching. Otherwise Oubre is just getting the MLE from someone or going to OKC
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#426 » by sacking123 » Thu Aug 5, 2021 3:18 am

In regards to Ben, if Monte is trading Fox/Hali for him then Vivek needs to step in and fire him on the spot. I'm not against an all in move, but that is insane.

The problem is if he doesn't include one of them though (ie Buddy/Bagley/picks) I believe our 3pt shooting and spacing is going to be extremely poor, like even worse than the Lakers.
The thing that people also need to realise is that Ben hasn't taken 1 call from the 6ers since the season ended. Listen to Andrew Bogut about it on his podcast. When the 6ers refuted that report it was just to keep his trade value from going down even further.
Just like these stories about how much Morey wants for Ben. Everyone knows he isn't getting an all star and 4 picks etc, it's just pushing the perception that he can get something decent.

The relationship is broken, there is no mending it either, they have to trade him, Klutch aren't taking calls from the 6ers either, they want Ben out of there ASAP, they aren't going to help facilitate either like normal circumstances and the clock is ticking.

The 6ers are in a bad spot because this isn't trading Harden/AD that wanted out. They are superstars and while Ben is an elite level defender if a player in your top 3 can't shoot, like at all, you need to be a 5 or you're team is never going to win a championship. Period. Just think about how hard it is to put a shooter at the 5 around Ben and make it work. Philly had that and it didn't.

A trade of Fox/Ben would essentially be the Kings being back in the place they're in right now, but giving up potentially a couple of lottery picks for the right to pay Ben 4/140m and it being more difficult to build a team around, all the while after signing Holmes to a long contract.
That isn't even going into that Fox/Hali want to be in Sacramento, have expressed and shown a willingness to work on their game at all times and are fantastic teammates.
Apologies for the long post, but Ben to Sacto is a LONG stretch in the first place without taking other factors into consideration.
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,772

Post#427 » by BoogieTime » Thu Aug 5, 2021 5:01 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
I won't go in circles on this, because we've had this conversation a dozen times on this board. But if Monte trades Fox for Simmons then he won't last long in this job.

Simmons is broken. Can't shoot, afraid to even go up for a layup. His mental is fragile as hell, and it certainly won't get better coming to basketball hell.

Fox is the better player. Hes getting better every day. Simmons has been the same player 3 years in a row.

Philly can ask whatever they want for Simmons, its literally a running meme on the internet. Nobody is paying that price, so good luck to them if they want to run back the same team and waste another year of Embids prime.

Do you see the second to last page of the Simmons trade thread in the t/t board? I think that reflects the average non biased position of Fox/Simmons worth, but perhaps we can start a thread there

If I start a poll with three options - Fox has more worth/same worth/Simmons has more worth, you think Fox has more worth would predominate?

The consensus on the page seems to be a straight swap.

But to be quiet honest I could care less. I don't base my player judgements on some herd valuation. I watch them and determine where I place the player. I don't want Simmons simple and plain. I don't think hes a winner. I think hes held Embid back for a few years while every other player has been used as a scape goat.

He doesn't elevate his team. He sure as hell isn't a superstar. Hes a larger Ricky Rubio, except Ricky learned how to shoot over the years. Most overrated player in the league. When he gets traded, and he is instantly exposed, that board will roast Sacramento for giving up a superstar star for bum Simmons.

The Kings have been better record wise without Fox the last couple years, the Sixers worse without Simmons. Simmons has had superior advanced stats and accolades throughout their careers.

Still don't see the statistical argument for Fox

I believe Fox will remain here, so I'll support him, but I want more consistency going forward
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,772

Post#428 » by BoogieTime » Thu Aug 5, 2021 7:17 am

simonbampfield wrote:The thing that people also need to realise is that Ben hasn't taken 1 call from the 6ers since the season ended. Listen to Andrew Bogut about it on his podcast. When the 6ers refuted that report it was just to keep his trade value from going down even further.
Just like these stories about how much Morey wants for Ben. Everyone knows he isn't getting an all star and 4 picks etc, it's just pushing the perception that he can get something decent.

The relationship is broken, there is no mending it either, they have to trade him, Klutch aren't taking calls from the 6ers either, they want Ben out of there ASAP, they aren't going to help facilitate either like normal circumstances and the clock is ticking.

The 6ers are in a bad spot because this isn't trading Harden/AD that wanted out. They are superstars and while Ben is an elite level defender if a player in your top 3 can't shoot, like at all, you need to be a 5 or you're team is never going to win a championship. Period. Just think about how hard it is to put a shooter at the 5 around Ben and make it work. Philly had that and it didn't.

The Sixers came out and specifically said they wouldnt entertain talks with the Kings save Fox being on the table

Through their beat reporter, they went out of their way to refute the earlier reports of our spare players for Simmons

I understand that teams at times are forced to take less than their original asking price, in general, but I think its pretty clear some team is going to have to give up value.

Someone, somewhere is still going to step up with a solid package. Even if we are shocked by what he eventually is traded for, IMO its not going to be for our spare players
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#429 » by sacking123 » Thu Aug 5, 2021 7:59 am

BoogieTime wrote:
simonbampfield wrote:The thing that people also need to realise is that Ben hasn't taken 1 call from the 6ers since the season ended. Listen to Andrew Bogut about it on his podcast. When the 6ers refuted that report it was just to keep his trade value from going down even further.

The Sixers came out and specifically said they wouldnt entertain talks with the Kings save Fox being on the table

Through their beat reporter, they went out of their way to refute the earlier reports of our spare players for Simmons

I understand that teams at times are forced to take less than their original asking price, in general, but I think its pretty clear some team is going to have to give up value.

Someone, somewhere is still going to step up with a solid package. Even if we are shocked by what he eventually is traded for, IMO its not going to be for our spare players

I completely agree he isn't on the table for our spare parts. 100% on that. The 6ers have every right to hang onto him and not grab the first package. But the clock is ticking. If they don't already have a trade lined up for Dame I am concerned because he needs to be gone before training camp and Morey knows it.
For the Kings, the fact is Fox hasn't asked for a trade, is happy to be here and has improved EVERY season in the NBA. To the point where I think Fox is more valuable when you take all things into consideration.
I do believe the jury is still out on Fox in regards to a number of things so I don't think he is untouchable or anything, however when you look at Ben, he has regressed since coming into the league.
He was amazing in the opening round of the POs this year with 14/10/9 and elite D it would seem. You look at it and go, WOW he is only 24 and the sky is the limit.
But then he went Draymond Green in the second round, not because he had a poor shooting round, he simply didn't shoot it. He shot UNDER 35% from the FT line this POs to boot.
For comparison, his rookie year he had 18/10/9 in the POs against Miami in the opening round. He shot worse from the field, but over 70% from the line.
Have a look at his shot percentage by distance. 0.09% of his shots in the RS were from 10 foot and beyond. It was 0.022% outside of 10 feet in the POs. You can't make this up. For all of his greatness on D and his fantastic passing ability, it's almost impossible to build an offense with him in the team and win a championship. Whoever is defending him is either a) the poorest defender on the opposition team or b) doubles his teams' best offensive player, making it terribly difficult for said player to be effective enough.

He is an uber talented player. I don't think anyone questions that, but he just doesn't shoot it. It's not even the fact that he CAN'T shoot it, he refuses to shoot it. He is about as stubborn as me and I get the feeling that the more pressure put on him, the more he will dig his heels in.
And I maintain he WILL NOT play a full career in the NBA. He will retire quite early and come back to Australia and play football. He may even take a year off midway through to play with some guys he knows. I think that is his personality, he does what he wants, when he wants. That is cool and all, but
If he ever finds the love for basketball, things might change, but right now, absolutely not. He wants to make as much money as possible and that's it.
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
VeeJay24
Starter
And1: 11

Post#430 » by VeeJay24 » Thu Aug 5, 2021 2:09 pm

I think a 3 team trade involving the Kings/Raptors/Lakers would work assuming the Raptors are willing to take back Schroder at or near Buddy's current salary. It can't be done in the trade machine due to Schroeder being a FA but the KIngs would send out Buddy(Lakers), Barnes & Bagley (Raptors), Raptors would send out Siakam & Anunoby(Kings) and the Lakers would send Schroder to the Raptors. Maybe draft picks are involved as well but this seems to be a likable trade for all. The only question I think would be are the Raptors willing to take Schroder and would they give up Anunoby.

Sorry guys I actually do it in the trade machine here's the ID

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7463060
Sportz Gza
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#431 » by City of Trees » Thu Aug 5, 2021 5:26 pm

VeeJay24 wrote:I think a 3 team trade involving the Kings/Raptors/Lakers would work assuming the Raptors are willing to take back Schroder at or near Buddy's current salary. It can't be done in the trade machine due to Schroeder being a FA but the KIngs would send out Buddy(Lakers), Barnes & Bagley (Raptors), Raptors would send out Siakam & Anunoby(Kings) and the Lakers would send Schroder to the Raptors. Maybe draft picks are involved as well but this seems to be a likable trade for all. The only question I think would be are the Raptors willing to take Schroder and would they give up Anunoby.

You definitely should have included the draft compensation in your post. The gap is that far off. The Siakam package has been discussed at length and consensus is picks will be needed. Many Raps fans still say no even with multiple 1sts, they want Fox or Hali.

Adding OG for Schroder kills the deal. OG has tremendous trade value. No one wants Schroder.

I like the idea of using Buddy in a Schroder S&T. Maybe you could find another 3rd team for Schroder with compensation coming back to Sac?
sackings916
Assistant Coach
And1: 614

Post#432 » by sackings916 » Thu Aug 5, 2021 5:28 pm

VeeJay24 wrote:I think a 3 team trade involving the Kings/Raptors/Lakers would work assuming the Raptors are willing to take back Schroder at or near Buddy's current salary. It can't be done in the trade machine due to Schroeder being a FA but the KIngs would send out Buddy(Lakers), Barnes & Bagley (Raptors), Raptors would send out Siakam & Anunoby(Kings) and the Lakers would send Schroder to the Raptors. Maybe draft picks are involved as well but this seems to be a likable trade for all. The only question I think would be are the Raptors willing to take Schroder and would they give up Anunoby.

I highly doubt Toronto gives up OG. Think they see him and Barnes as their starting forwards moving forward.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#433 » by City of Trees » Fri Aug 6, 2021 5:13 pm

So today is the day we see the Thompson trade completed, allegedly.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#434 » by City of Trees » Fri Aug 6, 2021 6:13 pm

Celtics are in talks with Schroder. Thompson trade isn't official yet. Can we sneak Buddy to LA in somewhere???
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#435 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Aug 6, 2021 7:33 pm

City of Trees wrote:Celtics are in talks with Schroder. Thompson trade isn't official yet. Can we sneak Buddy to LA in somewhere???

Interesting concept.

I suppose the Celtics could get to enough salary including some others.

Langford/Tristan/Edwards/Grant Williams to Sac is about 18 million.

Buddy is at 22

Would Boston give Schroder 18 million? Its a nice consolidation for them.

Wonder if Monte would have the sense to ask for Nesmith, or threaten to back out of the deal.

Wright/Buddy for Tristan/Nesmith/Edwards/Grant Williams

Opens the space we need to give Holmes the 55 that was initial reported.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#436 » by City of Trees » Fri Aug 6, 2021 7:34 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
City of Trees wrote:Celtics are in talks with Schroder. Thompson trade isn't official yet. Can we sneak Buddy to LA in somewhere???

Interesting concept.

Buddy is at 22

Wonder if Monte would have the sense to ask for Nesmith, or threaten to back out of the deal.

Kings social posted video of Holmes signing his contract. Holmes to Sac is a done deal.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#437 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Aug 6, 2021 7:42 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:

Interesting concept.

Buddy is at 22

Or even expand it to include Toronto?

LA out: Schroder, picks
LA in: Hield

Tor out: Siakam
Tor in: Tristan, Edwards, Nesmith, Bagley, picks from Sac and LA? (no long term salary, just picks and temporary front court depth)

Bos out: Tristan, Edwards, Williams, Nesmith
Boston in: Schroder, Dunn, Fernando, 2nds from ATL and Sac

Atlanta out: Fernando, Dunn
Atlanta in: Wright

Sac out: Bagley, Buddy, Wright, Picks
Kings in: Siakam

A man can dream right?
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#438 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Aug 6, 2021 7:42 pm

City of Trees wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

Interesting concept.

Buddy is at 22

Kings social posted video of Holmes signing his contract. Holmes to Sac is a done deal.

Beautiful what was the official number then, 4/46 thats insane. What a steal.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#439 » by City of Trees » Fri Aug 6, 2021 8:05 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
City of Trees wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
Interesting concept.

Buddy is at 22

Beautiful what was the official number then, 4/46 thats insane. What a steal.
Yea 4/$47M
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,834

Post#440 » by Celts17Pride » Fri Aug 6, 2021 8:23 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Sacramento Kings