ImageImage

Grizzlies Trade Thread

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

psman2
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,347

Re: Grizzlies Trade Thread 

Post#121 » by psman2 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:24 am

winforlose wrote:Hi guys, Wolves fan here. I saw that you guys are trying to trade Dylan Brooks and I had an idea for a three team trade. Just gonna post it here and ask for opinions.

Wolves send our first lottery protected and Jarred Vanderbilt via sign and trade to the Grizzlies, Grizzlies send Dillion Brooks and a second to Cleveland, Cleveland sends the Wolves Larry Nance Jr. We could also include Layman in the deal if the money is an issue.

Wolves get a solid PF who can play either starter or backup. Griz get a first as well as young player with upside, Cavs get a starting level Shooting guard on a reasonable contract.

I don't think we would trade Brooks for a lottery protected 1st. It might take several years for a pick with those protections likely to convey from Minny.

Brooks' playoff performance was just too tantalizing for us to not see if he can build off it. Now if the protections were like top 8, then top 8, then top 10 or something like that then maybe it would be an interesting enough pick for us to give up Brooks. Honestly I got Brooks as twice the player that Nance is and Minny should take him for themselves and try to move Beasley for a PF.
winforlose
Sixth Man
And1: 562

Post#122 » by winforlose » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:42 am

psman2 wrote:
winforlose wrote:Hi guys, Wolves fan here. I saw that you guys are trying to trade Dylan Brooks and I had an idea for a three team trade. Just gonna post it here and ask for opinions.

Wolves send our first lottery protected and Jarred Vanderbilt via sign and trade to the Grizzlies, Grizzlies send Dillion Brooks and a second to Cleveland, Cleveland sends the Wolves Larry Nance Jr. We could also include Layman in the deal if the money is an issue.

Wolves get a solid PF who can play either starter or backup. Griz get a first as well as young player with upside, Cavs get a starting level Shooting guard on a reasonable contract.

I don't think we would trade Brooks for a lottery protected 1st. It might take several years for a pick with those protections likely to convey from Minny.

Brooks' playoff performance was just too tantalizing for us to not see if he can build off it. Now if the protections were like top 8, then top 8, then top 10 or something like that then maybe it would be an interesting enough pick for us to give up Brooks. Honestly I got Brooks as twice the player that Nance is and Minny should take him for themselves and try to move Beasley for a PF.

I honestly believe the pick would convey this year assuming KAT stays healthy. I am not sure if Brooks fits as well with Beasley in the new offensive scheme, but it is an interesting thought. As for you guys keeping Brooks I read your GM is actively shopping him and Kyle Anderson. I just thought a young player (Vanderbilt) and a first (lottery protected,) might be a nice return.
psman2
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,347

Post#123 » by psman2 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:05 am

winforlose wrote:
psman2 wrote:

I honestly believe the pick would convey this year assuming KAT stays healthy. I am not sure if Brooks fits as well with Beasley in the new offensive scheme, but it is an interesting thought. As for you guys keeping Brooks I read your GM is actively shopping him and Kyle Anderson. I just thought a young player (Vanderbilt) and a first (lottery protected,) might be a nice return.

The thing is I think we would want a pick in the 8-12 range to consider moving Brooks. I don't expect other teams to value Brooks like we do and dispute the tweet you may have seen I have Brooks as one of the least likely players Memphis would trade.

So if your target really is Nance I would target another team with a lottery protected pick for a wing or try to flip Beasley. Kyle Anderson would be someone we might consider for this trade like this. Lottery protected 2021 and 2022, top 10 2023 top 10 2024 then 2 2nds type of protections. Vanderbilt has no value to us either.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,870

Post#124 » by VCfor3 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:33 am

psman2 wrote:

I also want to add that I don't think Memphis is shopping Brooks. The report is from a Cleveland reporter who said that Cleveland had interest in Brooks and Anderson. It then got aggregated and suddenly Memphis is trying to move two guys that I think we would have moved before the draft if we were truly shopping them.

The concept of your trade idea is quite sound, but I agree with psman for his posted reasons that Memphis likely would pass and that MIN should look for a different third team. Appreciate you posting here though!
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 10,765

Post#125 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Sep 3, 2021 10:43 pm

It's been an oddly busy offseason for the Grizz.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#126 » by VCfor3 » Fri Sep 3, 2021 10:56 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:It's been an oddly busy offseason for the Grizz.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Yeah though most of these moves are trading players likely to be cut for other players we will likely cut plus minor incentive ha
Larry_Russell
Senior
And1: 502

Post#127 » by Larry_Russell » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:35 am

What would it take to get bane?

Weird that we traded hjm to u in the first place lol
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#128 » by VCfor3 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:39 am

Larry_Russell wrote:What would it take to get bane?

It would take a lot. He has really developed into more than just an elite 3pt shooter and I think the team loves the combination of him and Melton as our SGs. If we move him I would think it would have to be as part of a package for someone better. I don't see us moving him for multiple lesser players/assets.
Larry_Russell
Senior
And1: 502

Post#129 » by Larry_Russell » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:44 am

VCfor3 wrote:

It would take a lot. He has really developed into more than just an elite 3pt shooter and I think the team loves the combination of him and Melton as our SGs. If we move him I would think it would have to be as part of a package for someone better. I don't see us moving him for multiple lesser players/assets.

I hated when danny traded him.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#130 » by VCfor3 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:10 am

Larry_Russell wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:

I hated when danny traded him.

I loved Bane and wanted us to find a way to get him, but he is better than I ever expected.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies