ImageImage

Grizzlies Trade Thread

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,824

Re: Grizzlies Trade Thread 

Post#121 » by psman2 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:24 am

winforlose wrote:Hi guys, Wolves fan here. I saw that you guys are trying to trade Dylan Brooks and I had an idea for a three team trade. Just gonna post it here and ask for opinions.

Wolves send our first lottery protected and Jarred Vanderbilt via sign and trade to the Grizzlies, Grizzlies send Dillion Brooks and a second to Cleveland, Cleveland sends the Wolves Larry Nance Jr. We could also include Layman in the deal if the money is an issue.

Wolves get a solid PF who can play either starter or backup. Griz get a first as well as young player with upside, Cavs get a starting level Shooting guard on a reasonable contract.

I don't think we would trade Brooks for a lottery protected 1st. It might take several years for a pick with those protections likely to convey from Minny.

Brooks' playoff performance was just too tantalizing for us to not see if he can build off it. Now if the protections were like top 8, then top 8, then top 10 or something like that then maybe it would be an interesting enough pick for us to give up Brooks. Honestly I got Brooks as twice the player that Nance is and Minny should take him for themselves and try to move Beasley for a PF.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,397

Post#122 » by winforlose » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:42 am

psman2 wrote:
winforlose wrote:Hi guys, Wolves fan here. I saw that you guys are trying to trade Dylan Brooks and I had an idea for a three team trade. Just gonna post it here and ask for opinions.

Wolves send our first lottery protected and Jarred Vanderbilt via sign and trade to the Grizzlies, Grizzlies send Dillion Brooks and a second to Cleveland, Cleveland sends the Wolves Larry Nance Jr. We could also include Layman in the deal if the money is an issue.

Wolves get a solid PF who can play either starter or backup. Griz get a first as well as young player with upside, Cavs get a starting level Shooting guard on a reasonable contract.

I don't think we would trade Brooks for a lottery protected 1st. It might take several years for a pick with those protections likely to convey from Minny.

Brooks' playoff performance was just too tantalizing for us to not see if he can build off it. Now if the protections were like top 8, then top 8, then top 10 or something like that then maybe it would be an interesting enough pick for us to give up Brooks. Honestly I got Brooks as twice the player that Nance is and Minny should take him for themselves and try to move Beasley for a PF.

I honestly believe the pick would convey this year assuming KAT stays healthy. I am not sure if Brooks fits as well with Beasley in the new offensive scheme, but it is an interesting thought. As for you guys keeping Brooks I read your GM is actively shopping him and Kyle Anderson. I just thought a young player (Vanderbilt) and a first (lottery protected,) might be a nice return.
psman2
General Manager

Post#123 » by psman2 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:05 am

winforlose wrote:
psman2 wrote:

I honestly believe the pick would convey this year assuming KAT stays healthy. I am not sure if Brooks fits as well with Beasley in the new offensive scheme, but it is an interesting thought. As for you guys keeping Brooks I read your GM is actively shopping him and Kyle Anderson. I just thought a young player (Vanderbilt) and a first (lottery protected,) might be a nice return.

The thing is I think we would want a pick in the 8-12 range to consider moving Brooks. I don't expect other teams to value Brooks like we do and dispute the tweet you may have seen I have Brooks as one of the least likely players Memphis would trade.

So if your target really is Nance I would target another team with a lottery protected pick for a wing or try to flip Beasley. Kyle Anderson would be someone we might consider for this trade like this. Lottery protected 2021 and 2022, top 10 2023 top 10 2024 then 2 2nds type of protections. Vanderbilt has no value to us either.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#124 » by VCfor3 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:33 am

psman2 wrote:

I also want to add that I don't think Memphis is shopping Brooks. The report is from a Cleveland reporter who said that Cleveland had interest in Brooks and Anderson. It then got aggregated and suddenly Memphis is trying to move two guys that I think we would have moved before the draft if we were truly shopping them.

The concept of your trade idea is quite sound, but I agree with psman for his posted reasons that Memphis likely would pass and that MIN should look for a different third team. Appreciate you posting here though!
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Post#125 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Sep 3, 2021 10:43 pm

It's been an oddly busy offseason for the Grizz.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#126 » by VCfor3 » Fri Sep 3, 2021 10:56 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:It's been an oddly busy offseason for the Grizz.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Yeah though most of these moves are trading players likely to be cut for other players we will likely cut plus minor incentive ha
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,856

Post#127 » by Larry_Russell » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:35 am

What would it take to get bane?

Weird that we traded hjm to u in the first place lol
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#128 » by VCfor3 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:39 am

Larry_Russell wrote:What would it take to get bane?

It would take a lot. He has really developed into more than just an elite 3pt shooter and I think the team loves the combination of him and Melton as our SGs. If we move him I would think it would have to be as part of a package for someone better. I don't see us moving him for multiple lesser players/assets.
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,856

Post#129 » by Larry_Russell » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:44 am

VCfor3 wrote:

It would take a lot. He has really developed into more than just an elite 3pt shooter and I think the team loves the combination of him and Melton as our SGs. If we move him I would think it would have to be as part of a package for someone better. I don't see us moving him for multiple lesser players/assets.

I hated when danny traded him.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#130 » by VCfor3 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:10 am

Larry_Russell wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:

I hated when danny traded him.

I loved Bane and wanted us to find a way to get him, but he is better than I ever expected.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#131 » by VCfor3 » Thu Dec 9, 2021 12:25 am

Any Indy players anyone is targeting for our team? I wouldn't hate getting Brogdon next offseason depending on what he costs. Otherwise I think Turner would be who I hope we go for just because he is much cheaper to get than Sabonis who, though good, doesn't feel like the star piece we need to become a true contender. He would take a lot of our assets to get which would prevent us from being able to make a big move in the future. Turner we can maybe use only our extra picks next draft to get. Turner and JJJ would be a lot of fun defensively even though we would be leaning heavily on our guards to help with rebounding. They also could maybe work offensively if they can kind of take turns being in the paint and trying to draw out the center to let the other sneak in and work down low against a PF or smaller player.
psman2
General Manager

Post#132 » by psman2 » Thu Dec 9, 2021 5:12 pm

VCfor3 wrote:Any Indy players anyone is targeting for our team? I wouldn't hate getting Brogdon next offseason depending on what he costs. Otherwise I think Turner would be who I hope we go for just because he is much cheaper to get than Sabonis who, though good, doesn't feel like the star piece we need to become a true contender. He would take a lot of our assets to get which would prevent us from being able to make a big move in the future. Turner we can maybe use only our extra picks next draft to get. Turner and JJJ would be a lot of fun defensively even though we would be leaning heavily on our guards to help with rebounding. They also could maybe work offensively if they can kind of take turns being in the paint and trying to draw out the center to let the other sneak in and work down low against a PF or smaller player.

Turner is the only guy I would make offer on that might be accepted. Sabonis is good but he is even worse than Val as a defender, his offense is just not good enough to over come that, especially with Jae’s limitations. Brogdon is overrated and dodgy health is an avoid for me.

Indy usually doesn’t go for picks in the past as compensation in trade, and that makes things harder for us since that would be our preferred method of payment. Maybe they like Williams? Adams, Williams, and the Lakers and Memphis pick would be a hard package to beat if we were serious about getting Turner unless GS wants to dump their youth.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#133 » by VCfor3 » Thu Dec 9, 2021 11:45 pm

psman2 wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:Any Indy players anyone is targeting for our team? I wouldn't hate getting Brogdon next offseason depending on what he costs. Otherwise I think Turner would be who I hope we go for just because he is much cheaper to get than Sabonis who, though good, doesn't feel like the star piece we need to become a true contender. He would take a lot of our assets to get which would prevent us from being able to make a big move in the future. Turner we can maybe use only our extra picks next draft to get. Turner and JJJ would be a lot of fun defensively even though we would be leaning heavily on our guards to help with rebounding. They also could maybe work offensively if they can kind of take turns being in the paint and trying to draw out the center to let the other sneak in and work down low against a PF or smaller player.

Turner is the only guy I would make offer on that might be accepted. Sabonis is good but he is even worse than Val as a defender, his offense is just not good enough to over come that, especially with Jae’s limitations. Brogdon is overrated and dodgy health is an avoid for me.

Indy usually doesn’t go for picks in the past as compensation in trade, and that makes things harder for us since that would be our preferred method of payment. Maybe they like Williams? Adams, Williams, and the Lakers and Memphis pick would be a hard package to beat if we were serious about getting Turner unless GS wants to dump their youth.

I can't see the FO sending Williams out like that. My preferred package would be something like Tillman, Filler, UTA 1st, LAL 1st, and swap rights on the Memphis pick. Another team should definitely beat that out, but I don't think Turner makes enough of a difference to truly raise our ceiling enough to start to contend so I would want to keep what assets we can for a big move later. Tillman would need to go to a 3rd team probably since Indy has some young bigs they probably want to give minutes to. Maybe they add one of those picks to Tillman to get a young guy they want. Either way if we offer that package and miss out I'm not too worried about it.

As for Brogdon yeah he is a massive injury risk which we haven't had a lot of luck with in the past, but I like the idea of him as a 3rd guy with Ja and JJJ. He can run backup PG while also letting Ja get some run off ball for stretches of the game in order to let him conserve some energy. He is a decent defender too. Now I'm again not offering much more than the Turner package so other teams should be able to beat us out, but two picks (even though late) and a good-but-not-blue-chip prospect should at least get a conversation started. He isn't available till this offseason which gives us time to also see if there is something better out there prior to turning to him.

Agreed on Sabonis. Spurs should take a long look at him since they have the defenders to help cover for him.
psman2
General Manager

Post#134 » by psman2 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:18 am

VCfor3 wrote:
psman2 wrote:

I can't see the FO sending Williams out like that. My preferred package would be something like Tillman, Filler, UTA 1st, LAL 1st, and swap rights on the Memphis pick. Another team should definitely beat that out, but I don't think Turner makes enough of a difference to truly raise our ceiling enough to start to contend so I would want to keep what assets we can for a big move later. Tillman would need to go to a 3rd team probably since Indy has some young bigs they probably want to give minutes to. Maybe they add one of those picks to Tillman to get a young guy they want. Either way if we offer that package and miss out I'm not too worried about it.

As for Brogdon yeah he is a massive injury risk which we haven't had a lot of luck with in the past, but I like the idea of him as a 3rd guy with Ja and JJJ. He can run backup PG while also letting Ja get some run off ball for stretches of the game in order to let him conserve some energy. He is a decent defender too. Now I'm again not offering much more than the Turner package so other teams should be able to beat us out, but two picks (even though late) and a good-but-not-blue-chip prospect should at least get a conversation started. He isn't available till this offseason which gives us time to also see if there is something better out there prior to turning to him.

Agreed on Sabonis. Spurs should take a long look at him since they have the defenders to help cover for him.

I don't see the D with Brogdon. I think it must be carry over from his Milwaukee start and rookie hustle perception. Advance stats for many years have painted him as a negative and things like DFG% seem to back it up. Now he is no Jae level bad but not a plus on that side of the ball.

It's kinda of like Parsons with Houston...early on he was all hustle and D and energy offense to get on the court, but after he got paid by Dallas and then us, his D went to crap for the most part....injuries sapped it by the time he got here though.

Adams will really have to go out in the Turner trade, so unless we can find a team that wants him for expirings it will hurt our offer. I don't think your offer would be enough, but maybe that is OK. I think Turner could push us into the 2nd round and maybe the CF by next season, but we really need a 2nd offensive creator better than Brooks to have any chance of better than that even with Turner on board.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#135 » by VCfor3 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:24 am

psman2 wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:
psman2 wrote:

I don't see the D with Brogdon. I think it must be carry over from his Milwaukee start and rookie hustle perception. Advance stats for many years have painted him as a negative and things like DFG% seem to back it up. Now he is no Jae level bad but not a plus on that side of the ball.

It's kinda of like Parsons with Houston...early on he was all hustle and D and energy offense to get on the court, but after he got paid by Dallas and then us, his D went to crap for the most part....injuries sapped it by the time he got here though.

I felt like it is decent. Not great or someone you get excited for, but is solid enough that he does his job and isn't targeted by opposing teams. With Ja/JJJ his offensive load would go down some and help him give whatever the current best version of defense he is capable of. You still want Brooks in to take the toughest guard/smaller wing defensive assignment but Brogdon could take the 2nd and Ja the 3rd best guy when we are on the defensive end. I like Brogdon as high level glue guy who can help carry the offensive load though I would want his 3pt percentage to go up quite a bit before the season is over. If it stays low I would be hesitant to go for him even if it is likely a fluke season.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#136 » by SD2042 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:36 pm

VCfor3 wrote:
psman2 wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:I can't see the FO sending Williams out like that. My preferred package would be something like Tillman, Filler, UTA 1st, LAL 1st, and swap rights on the Memphis pick. Another team should definitely beat that out, but I don't think Turner makes enough of a difference to truly raise our ceiling enough to start to contend so I would want to keep what assets we can for a big move later. Tillman would need to go to a 3rd team probably since Indy has some young bigs they probably want to give minutes to. Maybe they add one of those picks to Tillman to get a young guy they want. Either way if we offer that package and miss out I'm not too worried about it.

I felt like it is decent. Not great or someone you get excited for, but is solid enough that he does his job and isn't targeted by opposing teams. With Ja/JJJ his offensive load would go down some and help him give whatever the current best version of defense he is capable of. You still want Brooks in to take the toughest guard/smaller wing defensive assignment but Brogdon could take the 2nd and Ja the 3rd best guy when we are on the defensive end. I like Brogdon as high level glue guy who can help carry the offensive load though I would want his 3pt percentage to go up quite a bit before the season is over. If it stays low I would be hesitant to go for him even if it is likely a fluke season.

If I'm not mistaken, Brogdan did had some solid offensive numbers percentages back when he was in Milwaukee. The percentages played him off like a hidden sniper. Due to the fact that he was playing with Giannis, Midleton, and Bledsoe to a degree, Brogdan was afforded some hidden coverage as with Giannis was the targeted player. He was able to keep some consistent offensive production from off the bench during those times. Obviously now, that's no longer the case with the Pacers. I would not mind him as a Grizzly. His injuries concerns do raise some concerns. Who's to say how will that work with the Grizzlies long term if a player of Brogdan's calibur were to become a Grizzly.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#137 » by VCfor3 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:58 am

Where does everyone stand on trading Anderson? He has had some great games for us but that hitch in his shot is a mental thing that may never really go away. Feels like the trade board values him at a lottery protected 1st or so.
psman2
General Manager

Post#138 » by psman2 » Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:36 pm

VCfor3 wrote:Where does everyone stand on trading Anderson? He has had some great games for us but that hitch in his shot is a mental thing that may never really go away. Feels like the trade board values him at a lottery protected 1st or so.

I am still on board on getting a 1st for him. I would pass on a trade if it is just 2nds unless somehow we have fallen out of the playoff picture. I think Clarke can eat most of his minutes.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#139 » by Andrew McCeltic » Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:24 pm

psman2 wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:Where does everyone stand on trading Anderson? He has had some great games for us but that hitch in his shot is a mental thing that may never really go away. Feels like the trade board values him at a lottery protected 1st or so.

I am still on board on getting a 1st for him. I would pass on a trade if it is just 2nds unless somehow we have fallen out of the playoff picture. I think Clarke can eat most of his minutes.

What about Schroeder or Payton Pritchard from Boston? Josh Richardson if you want a straight role-player swap.. even Kanter + 2nds if you think he'd boost you.
psman2
General Manager

Post#140 » by psman2 » Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:34 pm

Andrew McCeltic wrote:
psman2 wrote:

What about Schroeder or Payton Pritchard from Boston? Josh Richardson if you want a straight role-player swap.. even Kanter + 2nds if you think he'd boost you.

We have no need for any of those guys honestly, they would be buried beyond better players here. Anderson is better and a proven fit with our team so we would just keep him for our playoff run if we cannot get the draft capital we want.

Maybe we could do a 1st swap with the worst of the Utah/Memphis/LAL pick but matching salary is challenging, we wouldn't want Jrich's contract next year since we might have a big chuck of space available, so maybe a 3rd team that wants Jrich that has an expiring they could route to Memphis could work.

Memphis Out: Anderson, worst of the Utah/Memphis/LAL
Memphis In: Expiring, Boston 1st

Boston Out: Jrich, Boston 1st
Boston In: Anderson, worst of the Utah/Memphis/LAL

3rd team Out: Expiring
3rd team In: Jrich

Return to Memphis Grizzlies