ImageImageImageImageImage

The Official Kyle Kuzma Thread

Moderators: nate33, LyricalRico, montestewart

9 and 20
Junior
Posts: 350
And1: 257
Joined: Mar 28, 2021
 

Re: The Official Kyle Kuzma Thread 

Post#101 » by 9 and 20 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:27 pm

Kuzmagic
Kuzmaniac
Kuzmalicious
Kuzmafia
Kuzmammajamma

Image
Can't say I do. Who else gonna shoot?
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 47,021
And1: 10,964
Joined: Jul 17, 2001
       

Re: The Official Kyle Kuzma Thread 

Post#102 » by Ruzious » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:46 pm

Kuzmataz?
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
User avatar
doclinkin
RealGM
Posts: 11,220
And1: 3,423
Joined: Jul 26, 2004
Location: .wizuds.

Re: The Official Kyle Kuzma Thread 

Post#103 » by doclinkin » Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:53 pm

Bob Kouzy?
Tom Kuize?
Kuzin' for a bruisin?
badinage
Pro Prospect
Posts: 987
And1: 338
Joined: May 09, 2002

Re: The Official Kyle Kuzma Thread 

Post#104 » by badinage » Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:53 pm

Every time I hear Kuz, I think “cooze,” which makes me think of:

[start it at 1:00 in]

User avatar
tontoz
RealGM
Posts: 17,749
And1: 3,260
Joined: Apr 11, 2005

Re: The Official Kyle Kuzma Thread 

Post#105 » by tontoz » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:07 pm

Shots fired on Twitter :lol:

Read on Twitter
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
User avatar
FAH1223
RealGM
Posts: 12,983
And1: 5,220
Joined: Nov 01, 2005
Location: Laurel, MD
       

Re: The Official Kyle Kuzma Thread 

Post#106 » by FAH1223 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:36 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Read on Twitter
?s=21
Image
User avatar
FAH1223
RealGM
Posts: 12,983
And1: 5,220
Joined: Nov 01, 2005
Location: Laurel, MD
       

Re: The Official Kyle Kuzma Thread 

Post#107 » by FAH1223 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:14 am

Image
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 47,021
And1: 10,964
Joined: Jul 17, 2001
       

Re: The Official Kyle Kuzma Thread 

Post#108 » by Ruzious » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:29 pm

FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21
Read on Twitter
?s=21

That'd be hilarious even if we weren't 10-3.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
User avatar
FAH1223
RealGM
Posts: 12,983
And1: 5,220
Joined: Nov 01, 2005
Location: Laurel, MD
       

Re: The Official Kyle Kuzma Thread 

Post#109 » by FAH1223 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:27 pm

Ruzious wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21
Read on Twitter
?s=21

That'd be hilarious even if we weren't 10-3.

Read on Twitter


:lol:
Image
User avatar
FAH1223
RealGM
Posts: 12,983
And1: 5,220
Joined: Nov 01, 2005
Location: Laurel, MD
       

Re: The Official Kyle Kuzma Thread 

Post#110 » by FAH1223 » Tue Jan 4, 2022 5:15 am

Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter
Image
Frichuela
Starter
Posts: 2,027
And1: 1,255
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
 

Re: The Official Kyle Kuzma Thread 

Post#111 » by Frichuela » Tue Jan 4, 2022 12:38 pm

FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter


Kuzma has been better than many expected, especially in the clutch. Curious to see what Tommy is going to do at the trade deadline…
Wizardspride
RealGM
Posts: 14,243
And1: 8,588
Joined: Nov 05, 2004
Location: Olney, MD/Kailua/Kaneohe, HI
       

Re: The Official Kyle Kuzma Thread 

Post#112 » by Wizardspride » Tue Jan 4, 2022 1:08 pm

Not bad for the "worst player in the NBA".... :wink:
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 47,021
And1: 10,964
Joined: Jul 17, 2001
       

Re: The Official Kyle Kuzma Thread 

Post#113 » by Ruzious » Tue Jan 4, 2022 1:54 pm

Thing is - Do we know what the real Kyle Kuzma is? Even with this insane 4 game streak, statistically he's what he's always been - an average player who's shooting 44% and just 34% from 3 - he'll get you 15 points, 9 boards, and 3 assists per game. I think his improvement is based on his shot selection; his shots are now mostly either layups or 3's. He knows his efficiency is poor in the mid-range, and it's lazy for him to rely on it.

In the meantime, if we get an offer for him based on his current streak and his clutch stats, gotta consider it - especially if they think Rui is a major part of their future.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
User avatar
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
Posts: 61,560
And1: 14,090
Joined: Oct 28, 2002

Re: The Official Kyle Kuzma Thread 

Post#114 » by nate33 » Tue Jan 4, 2022 1:59 pm

Ruzious wrote:Thing is - Do we know what the real Kyle Kuzma is? Even with this insane 4 game streak, statistically he's what he's always been - an average player who's shooting 44% and just 34% from 3 - he'll get you 15 points, 9 boards, and 3 assists per game. I think his improvement is based on his shot selection; his shots are now mostly either layups or 3's. He knows his efficiency is poor in the mid-range, and it's lazy for him to rely on it.

In the meantime, if we get an offer for him based on his current streak and his clutch stats, gotta consider it - especially if they think Rui is a major part of their future.

LOL, I just posted essentially the same thing in the game thread while you posted this.

He's a nice player who has been fine at starting PF, but we shouldn't overstate his impact. Outside of the clutch shooting, his numbers are pretty ordinary. We could certainly go forward with him penciled in as the starting PF, but we could also trade him for value. He's not indispensable.
Wizardspride
RealGM
Posts: 14,243
And1: 8,588
Joined: Nov 05, 2004
Location: Olney, MD/Kailua/Kaneohe, HI
       

Re: The Official Kyle Kuzma Thread 

Post#115 » by Wizardspride » Tue Jan 4, 2022 2:14 pm

nate33 wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Thing is - Do we know what the real Kyle Kuzma is? Even with this insane 4 game streak, statistically he's what he's always been - an average player who's shooting 44% and just 34% from 3 - he'll get you 15 points, 9 boards, and 3 assists per game. I think his improvement is based on his shot selection; his shots are now mostly either layups or 3's. He knows his efficiency is poor in the mid-range, and it's lazy for him to rely on it.

In the meantime, if we get an offer for him based on his current streak and his clutch stats, gotta consider it - especially if they think Rui is a major part of their future.

LOL, I just posted essentially the same thing in the game thread while you posted this.

He's a nice player who has been fine at starting PF, but we shouldn't overstate his impact. Outside of the clutch shooting, his numbers are pretty ordinary. We could certainly go forward with him penciled in as the starting PF, but we could also trade him for value. He's not indispensable.

No one's saying he's indispensable or anything like that.....but taking into account his talent level, age and contract, I'd be shocked if you trade him for better value.
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 47,021
And1: 10,964
Joined: Jul 17, 2001
       

Re: The Official Kyle Kuzma Thread 

Post#116 » by Ruzious » Tue Jan 4, 2022 2:27 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
nate33 wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Thing is - Do we know what the real Kyle Kuzma is? Even with this insane 4 game streak, statistically he's what he's always been - an average player who's shooting 44% and just 34% from 3 - he'll get you 15 points, 9 boards, and 3 assists per game. I think his improvement is based on his shot selection; his shots are now mostly either layups or 3's. He knows his efficiency is poor in the mid-range, and it's lazy for him to rely on it.

In the meantime, if we get an offer for him based on his current streak and his clutch stats, gotta consider it - especially if they think Rui is a major part of their future.

LOL, I just posted essentially the same thing in the game thread while you posted this.

He's a nice player who has been fine at starting PF, but we shouldn't overstate his impact. Outside of the clutch shooting, his numbers are pretty ordinary. We could certainly go forward with him penciled in as the starting PF, but we could also trade him for value. He's not indispensable.

No one's saying he's indispensable or anything like that.....but taking into account his talent level, age and contract, I'd be shocked if you trade him for better value.

But that's the thing - we don't know what his trade value is and how much it's affected by things like his clutch stats and the recent hot streak. Also, he's still pretty young and in a reasonable contract.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Wizardspride
RealGM
Posts: 14,243
And1: 8,588
Joined: Nov 05, 2004
Location: Olney, MD/Kailua/Kaneohe, HI
       

Re: The Official Kyle Kuzma Thread 

Post#117 » by Wizardspride » Tue Jan 4, 2022 3:05 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
nate33 wrote:LOL, I just posted essentially the same thing in the game thread while you posted this.

He's a nice player who has been fine at starting PF, but we shouldn't overstate his impact. Outside of the clutch shooting, his numbers are pretty ordinary. We could certainly go forward with him penciled in as the starting PF, but we could also trade him for value. He's not indispensable.

No one's saying he's indispensable or anything like that.....but taking into account his talent level, age and contract, I'd be shocked if you trade him for better value.

But that's the thing - we don't know what his trade value is and how much it's affected by things like his clutch stats and the recent hot streak. Also, he's still pretty young and in a reasonable contract.

I hear what you're saying but considering the Wiz are in a "Win Now More", I doubt they'd receive anything comparable to what Kyle provides.

I might be wrong though...
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Frichuela
Starter
Posts: 2,027
And1: 1,255
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
 

Re: The Official Kyle Kuzma Thread 

Post#118 » by Frichuela » Wed Jan 5, 2022 12:57 pm

Frichuela
Starter
Posts: 2,027
And1: 1,255
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
 

Re: The Official Kyle Kuzma Thread 

Post#119 » by Frichuela » Wed Jan 5, 2022 12:59 pm

From the same article:

Kuzma has made 12 clutch 3-pointers so far this season — four more than any other player. Kuzma’s plus-42 in 73 clutch minutes is the fourth-best plus/minus of any player so far this season as the Wizards own a league-best 15-3 record in clutch games. Kuzma’s 78.6% effective field goal percentage is the best among the 55 players with at least 20 clutch shot attempts.
User avatar
FAH1223
RealGM
Posts: 12,983
And1: 5,220
Joined: Nov 01, 2005
Location: Laurel, MD
       

Re: The Official Kyle Kuzma Thread 

Post#120 » by FAH1223 » Wed Jan 5, 2022 3:11 pm

Frichuela wrote:From the same article:

Kuzma has made 12 clutch 3-pointers so far this season — four more than any other player. Kuzma’s plus-42 in 73 clutch minutes is the fourth-best plus/minus of any player so far this season as the Wizards own a league-best 15-3 record in clutch games. Kuzma’s 78.6% effective field goal percentage is the best among the 55 players with at least 20 clutch shot attempts.


New formula for Kuz

Attack downhill all game. Only shoot if it’s catch and shoot.

And in the 4th under 2 minutes we run plays for him to get clean looks from 3 as priority #1 :lol:
Image

Return to Washington Wizards