ImageImage

The Finals Game 6: We are the Champions my friend(s)!

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Re: The Finals Game 6: We are the Champions my friend(s)! 

Post#2081 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Jan 2, 2022 10:03 pm

We're still defending NBA champs here in 2022.

There, that's the post. 8-)
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,886

Post#2082 » by jschligs » Mon Jan 3, 2022 1:41 am

I don't know if there will ever be a time I watch the Finals from last year without getting chills. I all of the moments so well.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,634

Post#2083 » by emunney » Mon Jan 3, 2022 4:36 pm

jschligs wrote:I don't know if there will ever be a time I watch the Finals from last year without getting chills. I all of the moments so well.

I rewatched game 4 recently. The Block took a lot away from how masterful Khris was.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,480

Post#2084 » by old skool » Mon Jan 3, 2022 6:13 pm

In your wildest dreams......

At any point over the previous 8 years, who ever thought that Khris Middleton would average 24 points per game in an NBA Finals?

Last year, when fans around the league were begrudging Giannis MVP consideration because he hadn't "proved it in the playoffs", who envisioned the stratospheric Finals break out of 35/13/5 punctuated by historically iconic blocks and 50 points in a closeout game?

Who could gave imagined, while watching hundreds of games in the Bradley Center, where the hope was that one day the Bucks could maybe become a perennial home court playoff team, that the arena would eventually be torn down and the gravelled site would be used to hold some of the 60,000 fans cheering the Bucks in the open air because they couldn't get inside to watch the team in person?

Surreal on July 20.

Unfathomable today.

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#2085 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Jan 3, 2022 6:19 pm

old skool wrote:At any point over the previous 8 years, who ever thought that Khris Middleton would average 24 points per game in an NBA Finals?

Obviously nothing happens without Giannis. But Middleton taking his game to another level in the playoffs was not something we'd have a right to expect, especially based on his prior history in the playoffs. He hit key shot after key shot in ALL the series and ALL the matchups he had.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,220

Post#2086 » by HKPackFan » Thu Jan 6, 2022 9:27 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
old skool wrote:At any point over the previous 8 years, who ever thought that Khris Middleton would average 24 points per game in an NBA Finals?

Obviously nothing happens without Giannis. But Middleton taking his game to another level in the playoffs was not something we'd have a right to expect, especially based on his prior history in the playoffs. He hit key shot after key shot in ALL the series and ALL the matchups he had.

I choke up many times throughout rewatching this thing and experience it live. There are so many big moments.

I don't know what it is but man, this moment....

We did it Khris. I mean...

How many of you flashback the Jason Kidd moments Kash vs Giannis. The on going battles on this board of how they hate each other. The struggle of these two young guys trying to make a name for themselves on a **** loser incompetent franchise.

Oh man just all of it flashes before my eyes.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#2087 » by Jez2983 » Fri Jan 7, 2022 11:01 am

Sorry to make this sad now but my championship Nike Top just got cancelled by the NBA store. They truly are terrible. I ordered like a week after we won lol.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
Dimosthenis
Freshman
And1: 228

Post#2088 » by Dimosthenis » Fri Jan 7, 2022 2:25 pm

Same here,
After 5.5 months I received the following e-mail from Europe NBA store:

Dear **************

Order Number: 107-5471-3067-GB101
Thank you for placing the above order containing the following products/s:

Description QTY Unit Price
Milwaukee Bucks Nike Parade T-Shirt - Black - Mens 1 £34.00

Regrettably, our supplier has informed us that they are unable to provide further stock of the above item. Your full order has therefore been cancelled.

Please allow 3-5 working days for your payment to be refunded. We would like to apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

:banghead: :banghead: :curse:
Το σηκώσαμε, το γαμημένο ....
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#2089 » by Bucksfan28 » Fri Jan 7, 2022 3:01 pm

Read on Twitter
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
ReddoverKobe
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,888

Post#2090 » by ReddoverKobe » Sat Jan 8, 2022 4:30 pm

agree
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,273

Post#2091 » by jakecronus8 » Sun Jan 9, 2022 11:20 pm

Milbucks96 wrote:
Probably seen most of these plays a million times but it’s nice to see some of the forgotten non-finals plays from this year. My favorite non finals, playoff one is the clutch Brook block on KD. My favorite non playoffs is a two way tie between Giannis block on Claxton dunk in the first game, and Bobby block on Herro against Miami a couple weeks ago.

Idk why, but Paschke calmly spouting off some random 3pt statistics like it’s a random mid January game as the clock was winding down on Middleton’s game 1 OT winner vs Miami made me Lol.
Do it for Chuck
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,562

Post#2092 » by blazza18 » Sun Jan 9, 2022 11:43 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:
Milbucks96 wrote:
Probably seen most of these plays a million times but it’s nice to see some of the forgotten non-finals plays from this year. My favorite non finals, playoff one is the clutch Brook block on KD. My favorite non playoffs is a two way tie between Giannis block on Claxton dunk in the first game, and Bobby block on Herro against Miami a couple weeks ago.

Idk why, but Paschke calmly spouting off some random 3pt statistics like it’s a random mid January game as the clock was winding down on Middleton’s game 1 OT winner vs Miami made me Lol.

Was an odd time for it. Considering the circumstances of the moment it was a terrible call.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,634

Post#2093 » by emunney » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:02 pm

blazza18 wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:
Milbucks96 wrote:

Was an odd time for it. Considering the circumstances of the moment it was a terrible call.

Just watching the first three plays is so personally gratifying for me, the person who was constantly bringing up how half of all late game possessions are spent on defense, and you can also close games that way. Not saying I deserve credit for this, just saying I am open to accepting credit.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,972

Post#2094 » by drew881 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:44 pm

emunney wrote:
blazza18 wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:

Just watching the first three plays is so personally gratifying for me, the person who was constantly bringing up how half of all late game possessions are spent on defense, and you can also close games that way. Not saying I deserve credit for this, just saying I am open to accepting credit.

Three observations:

1. Plays 1 and 3 are some of the best in NBA finals history. They got a lot of press at the time for Giannis’ athleticism, but I feel like they’ll fade away more quickly that other finals plays. I’d be marketing those two plays at the level of anything under Jordan/Utah Game 6.

2. Our fastbreak pass highlights in the ECF and finals are just amazing. Something clicked.

3. I miss Brook seeing some of those plays.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,489

Post#2095 » by Profound23 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:54 am

Jez2983 wrote:Sorry to make this sad now but my championship Nike Top just got cancelled by the NBA store. They truly are terrible. I ordered like a week after we won lol.

They did the same thing with me and the purple home stretch hoodie. Frustrated me so much
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,009

Post#2096 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:24 am

paulpressey25 wrote:

The question is can we expect him to do it again? I wouldn't have the balls to move Khris and not sure there is a move that won't hurt us short-term but I'm very pessimistic about how this plays out the next two and a half years. I'm hoping Giannis is that good that it doesn't matter.
DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,807

Post#2097 » by DutchManDanFan » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:33 pm

drew881 wrote:3. I miss Brook seeing some of those plays.

When he walks back I have to think about the guy who imitated him very well.
There was another version (better) but I found this one:

This is the other:
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,458

Post#2098 » by Matches Malone » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:24 pm

I see that pip-squeak WorldWideWob is still crying about the Bucks title and spewing the KD shoe size argument. Thought he was a die hard knicks fan? Dude sucks lol.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,028

Post#2099 » by mediocrityrules » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:40 am

My wife just accidentally deleted my recordings of each Finals game.

Definitely grounds for divorce. I am not amused.

(of course she accidentally deletes those, but keeps intact the recordings of The Jump from that FInals series and the couple post the finals that I just happened to have saved as well. I know which ones i would have rather sacrificed)
Circling calendars since 2021
mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,028

Post#2100 » by mediocrityrules » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:41 am

Matches Malone wrote:I see that pip-squeak WorldWideWob is still crying about the Bucks title and spewing the KD shoe size argument. Thought he was a die hard knicks fan? Dude sucks lol.

There are a few that will never let it go. Most are obviously Nets fans, and usually those that also still refuse that Giannis is anything but a manufactured star with no real skillset.
Circling calendars since 2021

Return to Milwaukee Bucks