ImageImage

The Finals Game 6: We are the Champions my friend(s)!

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 10,833

Re: The Finals Game 6: We are the Champions my friend(s)! 

Post#2101 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:35 pm

mediocrityrules wrote:My wife just accidentally deleted my recordings of each Finals game.

Definitely grounds for divorce. I am not amused.

(of course she accidentally deletes those, but keeps intact the recordings of The Jump from that FInals series and the couple post the finals that I just happened to have saved as well. I know which ones i would have rather sacrificed)

Honestly let her have the house. Just get out of the relationship as quickly as possible
mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,956

Post#2102 » by mediocrityrules » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:11 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
mediocrityrules wrote:My wife just accidentally deleted my recordings of each Finals game.

Definitely grounds for divorce. I am not amused.

(of course she accidentally deletes those, but keeps intact the recordings of The Jump from that FInals series and the couple post the finals that I just happened to have saved as well. I know which ones i would have rather sacrificed)

Honestly let her have the house. Just get out of the relationship as quickly as possible

We rent. She gets nothing.
Circling calendars since 2021
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,782

Post#2103 » by RiotPunch » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:17 pm

I just rewatched Game 6 @ ATL, and the Finals. Brought back memories.

I remember, vividly, watching that Game 6 in Chico, CA, hometown of Aaron Rodgers. My fiancé had the dog at our AirBnB while I found the most suitable bar to watch the game as we trekked north from LA to Mt. Hood, OR.

I was surprised how much the outskirts of Chico resembled non-winter Wisconsin. Flat land by California standards, farms, modest folk. However, as you might imagine, everyone I asked had bad opinions of Aaron.

That made no matter, as I talked mad **** all night about the Bucks and Packers as Jrue and Khris (AND JEFF TEAGUE) delivered the W. After thinking Giannis was done for the Playoffs, new hope was born, we were headed to the Finals.

We settled into our cabin, the place where I would watch the first two games of the Finals. I am thankful my fiancé is still with me after those. I was questioning everything, namely Coach Bud, as can be seen in the postgame threads, posted from our magnificent deck overlooking Mt. Hood Forest.

Came back to LA down 0-2. Game 3, whooped that ass. Game 4, where Booker should have fouled out, where the SUN BLOCK happened, evened the series. Game 5, as I am very drunk, even before Valley Oop happened, I got on Ticketmaster and bought a Game 6 ticket for $500.

The biggest regret of my life is forgetting that I left that ticket listed for $2k. I flew back to Milwaukee and everything, it sold the morning of the game. I had a great time with friends at the old haunts watching us win the Championship, but I **** up. But it was beautiful. I went back to the city I loved, but that never gave a **** about the Milwaukee Bucks. I returned to a city that was ALL ABOUT THE BUCKS. Walking down Brady Street before the game felt like an alternate universe from what I was accustomed to.

We can't beat the Hornets or the Hawks in January, but it's gonna be okay. I really **** miss PJ Tucker though, **** you, Lasry.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,940

Post#2104 » by midranger » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:26 pm

Watched the last 5 minutes of game five at a wedding in the hamptons. Was probably 95 F and 90% humidity. Saw us get down big during dinner and figured it was bad luck to watch. Went about the typical dancing, and rechecked as a sweaty mess. We were tied. Figured dancing was good luck. Kept dancing till the end, which was right before the Valley Oop. Ac on in the rental car, bottle of water to hydrate. Giannis destroys souls. So great.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,432

Post#2105 » by emunney » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:03 pm

Remember when Durant's bodyguard bodychecked PJ Tucker from behind and Markieff Morris didn't tweet a damn thing about it?
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,739

Post#2106 » by Prez » Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:44 am

The Bucks are champions and that's all that matters. No other sports happened or matter today.
Xanadu
Sixth Man
And1: 433

Post#2107 » by Xanadu » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:28 am

I never came here and told everyone just how happy this ship made me. I was looking at all my old post going back to 2014 and what a ride it was. I had stopped posting here right after the Holiday trade. Reason is that I finally had people irl to talk Bucks with. But looking back this place was the only place I could vent and cheer for the Bucks. So thanks everyone honestly so much. All my angst over Kidd, ownership, FO was worth it. I still have a hard time believing that the Bucks actually made it to the top. Still smile every time I think about it. Never thought it would really happen I think. Also congrats to the FO and coaching staff for proving me wrong. Especially Horst who I saw as Kidd's puppet. Well your a real boy now lol. Finally all the SOB people still here. What your group did is in part directly responsible for this ring. The org should give your representative a honorary ring. All right think I will go back to lurking once more. I noticed also I post a lot more when things are bad. So hopefully you don't see any more post from me.
Bucks in 6! Now and forever
Bucks fandom bringing me happiness still seems like a dream.
BradMKE
Senior
And1: 553

Post#2108 » by BradMKE » Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:29 pm

https://souvenirs.teamcpi.com/BucksCommemorativeTix/en-US/category/82/

Order commemorative tickets from the Finals with your seat location printed on them.

No verification that you actually had tickets so anyone can order these.
PANDEMONEUM
Analyst
And1: 403

Post#2109 » by PANDEMONEUM » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:51 pm

ive been rewatching the playoffs.
did all 4 vs the Heat.
forgot about Dragic BS
forgot about our horrible shooting but still winning.

now on game 4 vs Nets.
again, some bad shooting
game 2, was horrible got blown out
game 3 i had thought we won handidly but it was a struggle, even tho we had a slight lead most of hte game.

vs the Nets, we really dont use the bench or have any bench scoring.

and somehow, it looks and feels better than what we have seen so far this season.
we relied heavily on our big3 in the playoffs.
i think it has to be the same way this year.
also, WER THE CHAMPIONS, until wer not
ColeWorld23
Sixth Man
And1: 664

Post#2110 » by ColeWorld23 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:16 pm

The memories of this run during each round will forever make me happy, Summer 21 was one for the books.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,396

Post#2111 » by Profound23 » Wed Feb 2, 2022 2:35 pm

BradMKE wrote:https://souvenirs.teamcpi.com/BucksCommemorativeTix/en-US/category/82/

Order commemorative tickets from the Finals with your seat location printed on them.

Yeah, I was mad that I spent so much on the tickets to game 6 and they don't just send me these for free. Then I saw that anyone can order them so what's the point? Just dumb.

Plus the tickets don't even look great. At least have a cool design on them or something.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,862

Post#2112 » by jschligs » Thu Feb 3, 2022 2:50 pm

Profound23 wrote:
BradMKE wrote:https://souvenirs.teamcpi.com/BucksCommemorativeTix/en-US/category/82/

Yeah, I was mad that I spent so much on the tickets to game 6 and they don't just send me these for free. Then I saw that anyone can order them so what's the point? Just dumb.

Plus the tickets don't even look great. At least have a cool design on them or something.

I just bought one, putting in my case that has my Giannis signed ball. They aren't the coolest, but its a collector thing to remind me (and other's) that I was at game 6.
RubberSoul
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,729

Post#2113 » by RubberSoul » Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:23 am

I just rewatched game 5 because why not. I still tear up every time I watch the valley oop. That **** doesn’t happen to our teams. Best sports moment of my life. Breen talking about us being 1 win away from our first title in 50 years gets me every time.

All the hopelessness and ineptitude since I started following in 91 paid off. Lee Mayberry, Todd Day, Jerald Honeycutt, Shawn Respert, and on and on and on. Never thought we’d have the guy that steps on the opponents throats just when they think they have a shot. Growing up watching Jordan, Shaq, Kobe, Lebron just toy with us. We have that **** guy now. Sorry sometimes it’s still hard to believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,912

Post#2114 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:14 am

^^^ that's why this thread is staying up until this season ends. It's fun to go back and read this, to relive everything about the championship.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,912

Post#2115 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:45 pm

Found a clip on YT of the last 5 minutes of game 5. Perfect. When our 10 point lead with 3:30 to go got down to 1 I was still nervous as hell.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,440

Post#2116 » by blazza18 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:01 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Found a clip on YT of the last 5 minutes of game 5. Perfect. When our 10 point lead with 3:30 to go got down to 1 I was still nervous as hell.

I watched that last night too and I was still nervous has hell.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
RubberSoul
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,729

Post#2117 » by RubberSoul » Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:16 am

MickeyDavis wrote:Found a clip on YT of the last 5 minutes of game 5. Perfect. When our 10 point lead with 3:30 to go got down to 1 I was still nervous as hell.

I’m honestly surprised I didn’t keel over from a heart attack watching it live. Like you said tough to watch even on replay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Xanadu
Sixth Man
And1: 433

Post#2118 » by Xanadu » Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:46 am

I remember watching the oop with my brother. I had gotten to my parents house after months working on the road. We are watching the game in his room on my 17 inch laptop through a stream. As the lead dwindled my brother always the pessimist basically gave up hope. Now being a Bucks fan I was normal that way too but not that night. I kept saying have faith this is the year. We argued until we missed giving the suns possession and chance at the winning shot. He said see we are done but still I said stfu and believe. Well everyone here knows the rest. I literally began pounding my chest screaming you **** see this is the year. That is one of the most purely joyful moments of my life. I can hardly remember ever being filled which such excitement and vindication. Especially since I was the only die hard in family who followed other pro Wisconsin teams religious. I am named after Vince Lombardi for God sakes. So after years of being laughed at for my bucks fandom it was amazing. My Dad called them the **** for God sakes. I would try and get them interested. From telling them that I thought Giannis was the one to saying I know they suck but they finally have new owners. To hear my father cheering from the basement for that ring meant the world.
Bucks fandom bringing me happiness still seems like a dream.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,130

Post#2119 » by HKPackFan » Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:47 am

Xanadu wrote:I remember watching the oop with my brother. I had gotten to my parents house after months working on the road. We are watching the game in his room on my 17 inch laptop through a stream. As the lead dwindled my brother always the pessimist basically gave up hope. Now being a Bucks fan I was normal that way too but not that night. I kept saying have faith this is the year. We argued until we missed giving the suns possession and chance at the winning shot. He said see we are done but still I said stfu and believe. Well everyone here knows the rest. I literally began pounding my chest screaming you **** see this is the year. That is one of the most purely joyful moments of my life. I can hardly remember ever being filled which such excitement and vindication. Especially since I was the only die hard in family who followed other pro Wisconsin teams religious. I am named after Vince Lombardi for God sakes. So after years of being laughed at for my bucks fandom it was amazing. My Dad called them the **** for God sakes. I would try and get them interested. From telling them that I thought Giannis was the one to saying I know they suck but they finally have new owners. To hear my father cheering from the basement for that ring meant the world.

It's still all a bit of a dream. Sometimes when the bucks are down in a game... I'm thinking.. Here we go the underdog crappy team finally showing up and ready to fold against the big dog titans.... And I stop myself and think... Woah woah woah..... No WE ARE THE BIG DOGS... WE HAVE A RING..

Its hard to break 30+ yrs of loser Fandom thinking. It's all so unreal.
#FreeChuckDiesel
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,844

Post#2120 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:01 pm

We’re so lucky we got that title last year. I think I’d be a mess right now otherwise.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25

Return to Milwaukee Bucks