Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,059

Re: Why isn’t there a thread on Bronny? 

Post#42 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:51 pm

WargamesX wrote:Is Bronny a five or four star recruit?

247 (I think the best recruiting rankings) has him 52nd overall and a 4 star (30th ranked guard prospect).
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,536

Post#43 » by WargamesX » Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:52 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:

247 (I think the best recruiting rankings) has him 52nd overall and a 4 star (30th ranked guard prospect).

Yeah he doesn’t deserve a thread :lol: , though apparently he now has one 8-)
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,479

Post#44 » by Big J » Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:55 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
Big J wrote:Wow, did not realize the level of anger and hostility that I would get by starting a discussion. Had I known this I never would have created the thread.

There's no anger or hostility. You literally created a thread asking why there isn't a Bronny thread. And everyone is just telling you why there currently isn't one.

Take off your homer goggles for a second… there’s plenty of hate.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,276

Post#45 » by clyde21 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:03 pm

Big J wrote:You bring up some good points. However, I still think that we need to start a discussion on where he will land because I still see a lot of folx who think that his draft position will be based solely on his individual skill level.

you're more than welcome to start any thread you want

but you started this thread asking a question, we answered, and you didn't like the answer and proceeded to throw a temper tantrum.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#46 » by clyde21 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:06 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:

and that's about 25 ranks too high just by simply being LeBron's kid.

if his name was Joe Smith literally no one would be talking about him.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#47 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:09 pm

Big J wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
Big J wrote:Wow, did not realize the level of anger and hostility that I would get by starting a discussion. Had I known this I never would have created the thread.

There's no anger or hostility. You literally created a thread asking why there isn't a Bronny thread. And everyone is just telling you why there currently isn't one.

Take off your homer goggles for a second… there’s plenty of hate.

Homer goggles? What does that even mean?

Its pretty simple man. You started a thread asking a question. Everyone answered your question. You didnt seem to like the answer that was given, so you continued to try and make arguments for whatever point you were trying to make. You had people (including myself) continue to push back on your arguments. Not seeing the anger and hostility here, except for people saying things like Bronny sucks which I agree with.
Big J
General Manager

Post#48 » by Big J » Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:09 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Big J wrote:You bring up some good points. However, I still think that we need to start a discussion on where he will land because I still see a lot of folx who think that his draft position will be based solely on his individual skill level.

but you started this thread asking a question, we answered, and you didn't like the answer and proceeded to throw a temper tantrum.

I get that, but people were being dicks about it honestly.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#49 » by clyde21 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:12 pm

Big J wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

I get that, but people were being dicks about it honestly.

no one was being a dick until you accused this entire board of not wanting to talk about someone because we didn't 'discover' him, as if anyone discovers LeBron James' first born child
Big J
General Manager

Post#50 » by Big J » Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:16 pm

And now I’m being gaslit, smh.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#51 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:20 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

Yup. If we want to break down his game this is my take on it.

He's a 6'3 combo guard that doesnt excel at any aspect of the game at the moment. He's a solid athlete but no major plus in that department for his size. Solid handle but nothing dynamic. Solid form on his shot, but not considered a knock down shooter.

That's pretty much it. Just for my usual Duke comparison haha. What makes Bronny a better prospect than say Jaden Schutt who is the 66th ranked prospect for the upcoming class? Schutt is bigger, the far far better shooter. Can get his shot off much easier off the dribble than Bronny. Take names out of it, what makes Bronny a better prospect than Schutt? There really is nothing wow about Bronny's game at the moment.

Now ya he could have a growth spurt, we can see his athleticism improve, his shot can end up getting really good, his handle can end up getting really tight and dynamic. But again that's one of the reasons we dont have too many threads for guys that are 2 years out from being in college. A lot of things can change, this includes guys that are ranked below Bronny that can shoot by him in the rankings. This is why its pretty pointless to have dedicated threads to Sophomores and Juniors in high school, especially ones ranked as low as Bronny.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#52 » by clyde21 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:23 pm

Big J wrote:And now I’m being gaslit, smh.

this you?

It’s because people here feel like they have to be the ones to “discover” these prospects themselves and don’t like it when casuals know about guys before they make it to the league, so they hate on those guys.
Big J
General Manager

Post#53 » by Big J » Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:26 pm

clyde21 wrote:

this you?

It’s because people here feel like they have to be the ones to “discover” these prospects themselves and don’t like it when casuals know about guys before they make it to the league, so they hate on those guys.

Yea, and?
clyde21
RealGM

Post#54 » by clyde21 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:27 pm

Big J wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

this you?

Yea, and?

how are u being gaslit
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,536

Post#55 » by WargamesX » Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:30 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:247 (I think the best recruiting rankings) has him 52nd overall and a 4 star (30th ranked guard prospect).

Yup. If we want to break down his game this is my take on it.

He's a 6'3 combo guard that doesnt excel at any aspect of the game at the moment. He's a solid athlete but no major plus in that department for his size. Solid handle but nothing dynamic. Solid form on his shot, but not considered a knock down shooter.

That's pretty much it. Just for my usual Duke comparison haha. What makes Bronny a better prospect than say Jaden Schutt who is the 66th ranked prospect for the upcoming class? Schutt is bigger, the far far better shooter. Can get his shot off much easier off the dribble than Bronny. Take names out of it, what makes Bronny a better prospect than Schutt? There really is nothing wow about Bronny's game at the moment.

Now ya he could have a growth spurt, we can see his athleticism improve, his shot can end up getting really good, his handle can end up getting really tight and dynamic. But again that's one of the reasons we dont have too many threads for guys that are 2 years out from being in college. A lot of things can change, this includes guys that are ranked below Bronny that can shoot by him in the rankings. This is why its pretty pointless to have dedicated threads to Sophomores and Juniors in high school, especially ones ranked as low as Bronny.

I thought he was a senior, he’s a Sophomore? :lol: everyone has been tame as all hell in this thread.
Big J
General Manager

Post#56 » by Big J » Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:36 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Big J wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
this you?

Yea, and?

how are u being gaslit

Because people keep telling me that I haven’t been catching hate. It feels like I’m fighting against a village with no one backing me. Kinda feels like bullying tbh.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#57 » by clyde21 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:48 pm

Big J wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Big J wrote:
Yea, and?

how are u being gaslit

Because people keep telling me that I haven’t been catching hate. It feels like I’m fighting against a village with no one backing me. Kinda feels like bullying tbh.

man up
SeattleJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,434

Post#58 » by SeattleJazzFan » Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:48 pm

Big J wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Big J wrote:
Yea, and?

how are u being gaslit

you probably should have just said "ah, that makes sense" after the first couple responses in the thread. why? because they were good answers and they made sense.

don't ask a question unless you are prepared to accept the answer.

that is unless you are asking a question for the purposes of having an argument/discussion. and if that's the case, you got what you wanted - it just wasn't the outcome you wanted.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#59 » by Ruzious » Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:50 pm

MemphisX wrote:This board said LaMelo was not a serious draft candidate too. So it is funny seeing him being the 4th youngest All Star in NBA history.

Fwiw, we were posting and praising LaMelo back in 2016 - when he was 15 years old. viewtopic.php?p=50860459#p50860459
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,454

Post#60 » by babyjax13 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:51 pm

Big J wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Big J wrote:
Yea, and?

how are u being gaslit

People gave you answers you didn't like and then you called them stupid. No one is going to hold it against you if you keep posting, but in general it's a small posting community and while we have arguments (and some can get intense) we all like each other well enough that when people take that approach it won't turn out well. But back to Bronny:

I've watched him twice. I like some of what I see but as others have said, it is early and he's not a top prospect in his class. If he grows, or if he develops some areas of his game (mainly the ability to break down a defense with the ball in his hands) he will get more consideration. As for the relation to LeBron, someone probably will draft him to have the money that comes with him being on their team, but I'm not sure they are going to burn a premium asset to do it.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl

Return to NBA Draft