Chi Por NY

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Kyben36
Banned User
And1: 0

Chi Por NY 

Post#1 » by Kyben36 » Sat Dec 5, 2009 11:18 pm

Chicago sends Kirk Hinrich and Tyrus thomas
Chicago receives Al Harington and Chris Duhon

Portland sends Blake and Outlaw
Portland gets Kirk Hinrich

NY sends Al Harington and Chris Duhon
NY receives Tyrus thomas, Steve blake and travis outlaw

Why chicago does this

They get a scoring big they need, and a PG who is better fitted to be in the backup role then Kirk and his contract, and dong take on any more cap

Why Portland does this

The Portland Trailblazers have been all over kirk, He is a great fit there and they have offered this to us B4, so I know that at least this part of the trade Works. And, this team is over cap already, so they arnt woried about a longer contract.

Why NY does it

NY wants Tyrus, see if Dantoni can develop him. They also get a PG in Blake, who is a nice peice because NY curently has Duhon in the dog house. They also get travis outlaw, who is another 6"9 player, who while not as big as Harington, can be a 3pt shooter for them and probably play Some PF. Ohhh, and the bigest part of all, They dont take on any cap room.

Thoughts.
Slackerr
Sixth Man

Re: Chi Por NY 

Post#2 » by Slackerr » Sat Dec 5, 2009 11:31 pm

Chicago would just do the trades separately and get Al Harrington and Steve Blake/Outlaw. But the much better solution is to just hold onto Hinrich and maybe make the NY trade.
DanTown8587
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Post#3 » by DanTown8587 » Sat Dec 5, 2009 11:38 pm

Chicago would just add Jerome James, cut out Chris Duhon and have Outlaw/Harrington/Blake. I don't think Portland does this.
Kyben36
Banned User

Post#4 » by Kyben36 » Sat Dec 5, 2009 11:42 pm

DanTown8587 wrote:Chicago would just add Jerome James, cut out Chris Duhon and have Outlaw/Harrington/Blake. I don't think Portland does this.

You have no idea then how much Portland loves Kirk then, but why would the bulls do anything to this trade, they get a fine PF and a solid Backup PG for Rose.
Slackerr
Sixth Man

Post#5 » by Slackerr » Sat Dec 5, 2009 11:45 pm

Kyben36 wrote:
DanTown8587 wrote:Chicago would just add Jerome James, cut out Chris Duhon and have Outlaw/Harrington/Blake. I don't think Portland does this.

You have no idea then how much Portland loves Kirk then, but why would the bulls do anything to this trade, they get a fine PF and a solid Backup PG for Rose.

They can get that PF and an even better backup PG for Rose. But in reality, they're not trading Kirk Hinrich away unless they're getting a VERY solid return.
Leto
RealGM
And1: 468

Post#6 » by Leto » Sat Dec 5, 2009 11:50 pm

After this trade, the Bulls can change their name to the Golden State Warriors, hire Don Nelson and fir Del Negro.

Bulls aren't trading Tyrus for AL Chuckington
DanTown8587
RealGM

Post#7 » by DanTown8587 » Sat Dec 5, 2009 11:51 pm

Kyben36 wrote:

Blake+Outlaw+Harrington > Harrington+Duhon
Kyben36
Banned User

Post#8 » by Kyben36 » Sun Dec 6, 2009 12:22 am

DanTown8587 wrote:
Kyben36 wrote:

Well, the way I look at it is that Duhon is in the knicks dog house right now, and need another PG, so blake would be better off, sure he could be out of the trade, but I just think its more fair this way. Jorome James aint worth **** and Tyrus is only good because dantoni likes him. You have to give to recieve, unless you are the lakers.
DanTown8587
RealGM

Post#9 » by DanTown8587 » Sun Dec 6, 2009 12:33 am

Kyben36 wrote:Well, the way I look at it is that Duhon is in the knicks dog house right now, and need another PG, so blake would be better off, sure he could be out of the trade, but I just think its more fair this way. Jorome James aint worth **** and Tyrus is only good because dantoni likes him. You have to give to recieve, unless you are the lakers.

The Knicks want Tyrus. I don't see how that gets them Blake/Outlaw for Duhon. The Knicks would do Thomas/James for Harrington.
Kyben36
Banned User

Post#10 » by Kyben36 » Sun Dec 6, 2009 12:38 am

DanTown8587 wrote:
Kyben36 wrote:Well, the way I look at it is that Duhon is in the knicks dog house right now, and need another PG, so blake would be better off, sure he could be out of the trade, but I just think its more fair this way. Jorome James aint worth **** and Tyrus is only good because dantoni likes him. You have to give to recieve, unless you are the lakers.

The Knicks want Tyrus. I don't see how that gets them Blake/Outlaw for Duhon. The Knicks would do Thomas/James for Harrington.

Duhon has been in the dog house of NY, and If they could get a PG Im sure they would not mind, and also, Blake and Outlaw give them a little more incentive, and truthfully, the bulls dont need outlaw. Plus, they expire for them. and I dont see them taking back J James
tbg
Junior

Post#11 » by tbg » Sun Dec 6, 2009 3:02 am

Portland says yes.
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,367

Post#12 » by gavran » Sun Dec 6, 2009 2:55 pm

Kyben36 wrote:
DanTown8587 wrote:

Duhon has been in the dog house of NY, and If they could get a PG Im sure they would not mind, and also, Blake and Outlaw give them a little more incentive, and truthfully, the bulls dont need outlaw. Plus, they expire for them. and I dont see them taking back J James

LOL what? Duhon is faaaar from being in the dog house for D'Antoni, where did you get that from?
(he should be though, but he's just not)
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#13 » by King of Canada » Sun Dec 6, 2009 3:48 pm

NY says no. Harrington is the best 6th man in the NBA,[and loves NY. It's gonna take more to get it done, and Chi won't be willing to do it.

Maybe a throw in of Rudy and it's a done deal. :0)
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,153

Post#14 » by moocow007 » Sun Dec 6, 2009 4:56 pm

Kyben36 wrote:
DanTown8587 wrote:
Kyben36 wrote:

Well, the way I look at it is that Duhon is in the knicks dog house right now, and need another PG, so blake would be better off, sure he could be out of the trade, but I just think its more fair this way. Jorome James aint worth **** and Tyrus is only good because dantoni likes him. You have to give to recieve, unless you are the lakers.

???

Duhon is not in the Knicks doghouse at all. Despite some pretty poor play early on D'Antoni has never waivered on starting Duhon and playing him major minutes (he's started all 20 games and averages 34mpg). And Duhon looks like he's actually finally getting back into the swing of things by thoroughly outplaying both Mike Bibby and Jamal Crawford in the Friday night win over the Hawks (25 points, 10 assists, 0 turnovers, 10-16 shooting and driving at will against the Hawks) and looks like he's in the best condition of his Knick career.

What Duhon has been has been in the Knick boards doghouse (because he's sucked for most of the season)...but that means absolutely nothing as far as the Knicks organization themselves.

As far as Harrington for Thomas. Harrington is the BETTER player. He's producing (Thomas is injured). The chances of the Knicks wanting either back (thanks to Thomas' caphold and indications so far on what he thinks he's worth) are slim. So why would they want to deal a 20/6 expiring for a injured expiring that, even when healthy, hasn't produced near that?

For a "chucker" (what people say he is) his 45-46% FG shooting would indicate that he's an accurate chucker. And he plays hard, plays with emotion and plays aggressively. What he does get into trouble is when he lets his emotions get the better of him and loses focus but I would think most teams would rather that than a guy that sleepwalks or doesn't give full effort all the time he's on the floor.

Backed by reports indicating that Walsh wants more than just Tyrus Thomas (who everyone and their mom knows the Bulls aren't going to bring back in all likelihood) and Jerome James expiring for Harrington.
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,083

Post#15 » by DaVoiceMaster » Mon Dec 7, 2009 11:29 am

King of Canada wrote:NY says no. Harrington is the best 6th man in the NBA,[and loves NY. It's gonna take more to get it done, and Chi won't be willing to do it.

Maybe a throw in of Rudy and it's a done deal. :0)

I can pretty much guarantee that Portland will not throw in Rudy just so Chicago can get Harrington!
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018

Return to Trades and Transactions