Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: Official Trade Thread - Part XXX 

Post#1981 » by Ruzious » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:15 pm

payitforward wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
payitforward wrote:Otto & George -- a couple of goofy names that ought to be on Sesame Street.

If it'll keep you from putting me on ignore I'll say that Paul George is better than Paul Pierce and George Mikan combined. (note that I'm counting on absolutely nobody -- and especially not gtn -- recognizing the 2d name)

As far as "my views" -- sometimes I annoy myself, to tell the truth. I could use to let well enough alone more often, don't you think? Then again, it's my experience that a person's strengths and weaknesses are usually the same: it's context that makes them positive or negative.

Probably too late for me to change -- some day a person walking past my grave will say to his companion "I'm sure I heard someone arguing in there. Did you hear it?"

Mikan now or in his prime? :wink:

And I will not post a video of Billy Joel singing "just the way you are".

I shoulda known better than to think you wouldn't know who Mikan was. I wonder what that last name was shortened from? He might have been Generation 1 of the Polish Hammer !! :)

That Minneapolis Lakers team would squash Cleveland!
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1982 » by Ruzious » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:24 pm

Per Wiretap: "The Hornets are offering the 22nd overall pick to any team that takes either Jeremy Lamb or Spencer Hawes into their cap space." I know we have some Lamb fans here. I'm not much of a fan of his, but I'd do that deal. We could probably get Brice Johnson with that pick - to make PIF and Kevin happy.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#1983 » by LyricalRico » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:04 pm

Ruzious wrote:Per Wiretap: "The Hornets are offering the 22nd overall pick to any team that takes either Jeremy Lamb or Spencer Hawes into their cap space." I know we have some Lamb fans here. I'm not much of a fan of his, but I'd do that deal. We could probably get Brice Johnson with that pick - to make PIF and Kevin happy.

Beat me to it, Ruz! Although I was more looking at Hawes since he has a shorter deal (and has a player option for 2017, which he could decline and end up as an expiring contract). Plus he fills a bigger need for depth up front.
DMVman1981
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#1984 » by DMVman1981 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:13 pm

I'm going to jump in the deep end and try something here ... let me know what you guys think ... I'm for the Lamb and 22 trade because we won't have to give up much to get Lamb and also get a 1st round pick this year (22nd). I like his length and shot creating ability.

1. Sign and Trade Beal to the 76ers for Noel, 2017 1st, Nick Stauskas
2. Trade Nick Stauskas to Hornets for Lamb and 2016 22nd overall
3. Draft a young athletic big at 22
4. Sign Sato
5. Sign Chandler Parsons
6. Sign Courtney Lee
7. Sign Hibbert
7. Sign Temple

Roster

Wall/Sato/Temple
Lee/Lamb/Eddie
Porter/Oubre
Morris/Parsons/Pick 22
Gortat/Noel/Hibbert

Minutes/Rotation

Wall = 35
Sato = 13

Lee = 24
Lamb = 24

Porter = 28
Oubre = 15

Morris = 28
Parsons = 25

Gortat = 28
Noel = 20
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,366

Post#1985 » by verbal8 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:57 pm

LyricalRico wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Per Wiretap: "The Hornets are offering the 22nd overall pick to any team that takes either Jeremy Lamb or Spencer Hawes into their cap space." I know we have some Lamb fans here. I'm not much of a fan of his, but I'd do that deal. We could probably get Brice Johnson with that pick - to make PIF and Kevin happy.

Beat me to it, Ruz! Although I was more looking at Hawes since he has a shorter deal (and has a player option for 2017, which he could decline and end up as an expiring contract). Plus he fills a bigger need for depth up front.

With the exploding cap, I think both contracts will be in-line with future deals. I think Lamb looks more promising, but also offers less flexibility. Hawes is tall, but doesn't seem to have produced much over his career.
Upper Decker
Rookie
And1: 166

Post#1986 » by Upper Decker » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:53 pm

I'd trade Lamb and let Beal walk and never look back.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,735

Post#1987 » by gambitx777 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:56 pm

7-8 mil per year for each player..... We do have our eye on Pascal Siakam So maybe we make that trade for him. ? Maybe we pull off a 3 team deal of some sorts. ? I like lamb but at 7 mill a year that a bit of a pill to swallow, Ill take lamb over hass, because we have Aaron white and if we get that pick its probably going to be used on Siakam or another big, both are cheaper and can be signed after we use our cap room. Lamb is more valuable because he is actually decent and worth more of the money he is owed than hass is. .
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,013

Post#1988 » by Dark Faze » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:00 pm

Knicks will be better than last year.

Pacers just added Thad...the George/Thad/Myles combo has a ton of spacing and speed now.

We're going to miss the playoffs again if we don't do something.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,735

Post#1989 » by gambitx777 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:18 pm

So the pacers added Teague and Young..... not a terrible idea, but im not sure that will win them a title either.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1990 » by Ruzious » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:35 pm

Dark Faze wrote:Knicks will be better than last year.

Pacers just added Thad...the George/Thad/Myles combo has a ton of spacing and speed now.

I'm doubtful about the Knicks, but the Pacers are having a great offseason so far. I'm not a huge Thad fan, but that's a real nice fit for him, and they needed another forward like him. He and George running with Teague... they're going to be a much faster team that can finish with the best of teams. Turner - being a center who can hit 3's - gives room for Thad and George to operate near the basket. I think they're #2 in the East.
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,572

Post#1991 » by pcbothwel » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:44 pm

Ehh. Lopez and Calderon are better than Rose. Hell, Calderon alone is better than Rose.
Pacers look better, but they were a playoff team last year so they wont be jumping us in the standings. Plus you have the following teams that look prime to regress

Raptors: Losing Derozan and Biyumbo
Heat: Losing Whiteside and still no Bosh. Wade is 34.
Hawks: Lost Teague and Horford
Hornets: Can Walker really repeat last year. Breakout or Anomaly? They lost Line and probably Batum. Remember, they won 33 games the year before...
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,365

Re: Would you rather have a year of George Hill or three years of Markieff Morris? 

Post#1992 » by nate33 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:45 pm

Kanyewest wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/745963574426734592[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/745963574426734592

Hmmm.

I'd trade cash for Lamb and the #22.
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,013

Post#1993 » by Dark Faze » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:47 pm

Raps aren't losing DeRozan. Biyombo maybe.
Heat are keeping Whiteside and might get Bosh back
Horford isn't leaving imo, Teague is addition by subtraction
Hornets will be much better if MKG can actually survive this time

Rumors of Knicks adding Dwight also. That team has flaws, but even with those stars out of their prime its still better than the Wiz as currently constructed. I'm not saying the Wiz can't be better, just that we're in trouble if we just bring the same guys back.
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,366

Post#1994 » by verbal8 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:54 pm

Ruzious wrote:

I'm doubtful about the Knicks, but the Pacers are having a great offseason so far. I'm not a huge Thad fan, but that's a real nice fit for him, and they needed another forward like him. He and George running with Teague... they're going to be a much faster team that can finish with the best of teams. Turner - being a center who can hit 3's - gives room for Thad and George to operate near the basket. I think they're #2 in the East.

It does look like they are building something that resembles the Hawks teams of the past couple years. Not typically contender level, but in the tier below. Below the Cavs the East is looking pretty wide open.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1995 » by Ruzious » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:07 pm

verbal8 wrote:
Ruzious wrote:

It does look like they are building something that resembles the Hawks teams of the past couple years. Not typically contender level, but in the tier below. Below the Cavs the East is looking pretty wide open.

Interesting take. I think the difference is up to how George plays. If he steps up to the player I think he can/will, that could set the Pacers ahead of what the Hawks have been.
deneem4
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,256

Post#1996 » by deneem4 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:15 pm

LyricalRico wrote:

Any way we can get both??

I like hawes and lamb
Lamb and oubre would be great off the bench for the wings
Hawes is ok for a cheap center...maybe wall can get him into his groove and he can be a capable stretch 5
Pay your beals....or its lights out!!!
Bron, Bosh, Wade is like Mike, Hakeem, barkley...3 top 5 picks from same draft
mike, hakeem and Barkley on the same team!!!!
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#1997 » by montestewart » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:19 pm

payitforward wrote:If it'll keep you from putting me on ignore I'll say that Paul George is better than Paul Pierce and George Mikan combined. (note that I'm counting on absolutely nobody -- and especially not gtn -- recognizing the 2d name)

Mikan? Never heard of him, but he sounds like he smells bad.

AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,166

Post#1998 » by AFM » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:30 pm

There's an athlete if I ever saw one.

Mein fuhrer I can valk...

Return to Washington Wizards