Is Isiash Thomas the best PG in the EAST? [Poll added]

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Who is the best PG in the East?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 4, 2017 7:39 pm

Goran Dragic
3%
Kemba Walker
2%
Kyle Lowry
36%
Kyrie Irving
2%
Isaiah Thomas
33%
John Wall
25%

Total votes: 61

KHRICH
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,557

Re: Is Isiash Thomas the best PG in the EAST? 

Post#181 » by KHRICH » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:48 pm

Lowry, Wall, Kyrie, IT, Kemba I cannot move it up further than that just look at yesterday's game as an example same amount of points as Butler but one finishes -10 and the other +10 Thomas is great in the forth probably the best of the group in the 4th but I cannot ignore everything before that.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,905

Post#182 » by FlatearthZorro » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:04 pm

KHRICH wrote:Lowry, Wall, Kyrie, IT, Kemba I cannot move it up further than that just look at yesterday's game as an example same amount of points as Butler but one finishes -10 and the other +10 Thomas is great in the forth probably the best of the group in the 4th but I cannot ignore everything before that.

Thomas has been playing with the flu for a few games now. He hasn't shot the ball too well in these games. It is what it is. I love how |Raptors fans are everywhere in this thread saying "Lowry is better". Makes me feel good, cause it means you're threatened. :lol:
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
shukle
Sophomore
And1: 154

Post#183 » by shukle » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:07 pm

Sisqo wrote:
robbie84 wrote:
shukle wrote:We will see what happens in the playoffs...

Some of you have very short memories about Kyrie. Don't you guys remember him consistently outplaying the unanimous MVP last june? As well as every other PG's he faced en route to a championship winning shot?

It's pretty funny cuz the same guys bashing Kyrie for being overrated are bashing LBJ for needing a stacked team to win. Either Kyrie/Love are amazing and LBJ has a stacked team, or they're overrated and LBJ is still doing it mostly by himself. Can't have both.

Kyrie is great, but does he get out of the first round without Lebron?

Better question is does he get TO the first round without lebron.

Well, I guess we'll see in the playoffs who outplays who... Kyrie elevates his game in the playoffs. Lowry shrinks.
KHRICH
Lead Assistant

Post#184 » by KHRICH » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:08 pm

Boston34Bg wrote:
KHRICH wrote:Lowry, Wall, Kyrie, IT, Kemba I cannot move it up further than that just look at yesterday's game as an example same amount of points as Butler but one finishes -10 and the other +10 Thomas is great in the forth probably the best of the group in the 4th but I cannot ignore everything before that.

Thomas has been playing with the flu for a few games now. He hasn't shot the ball too well in these games. It is what it is. I love how |Raptors fans are everywhere in this thread saying "Lowry is better". Makes me feel good, cause it means you're threatened. :lol:

Threatened :lol: nice excuse the flu haha, stick to your line of work as clearly you are some sort of therapist
KHRICH
Lead Assistant

Post#185 » by KHRICH » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:11 pm

shukle wrote:
Sisqo wrote:
robbie84 wrote:

Kyrie is great, but does he get out of the first round without Lebron?

Well, I guess we'll see in the playoffs who outplays who... Kyrie elevates his game in the playoffs. Lowry shrinks.

Kyrie has the best player on the planet playing next to him not hard for the pressure to be off him as he is Robin. Kyrie has never sniffed the playoffs without LeBron even when LeBron sits out games during the sEason he can't win without him I'd assume he'd learn to lead from seeing LeBron do it but nope.
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM
And1: 22,484

Post#186 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:11 pm

In the playoffs this guy will be exposed not just because of his size but because he really don't have a second player around him that can put up the numbers he can

Teams will do what they did with the bulls and prime Rose. When they just put Lebron on Rose, we all seen what happened..Same thing will happen here...Don't see the Celtics making much noise in playoffs unless they make some big trade
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,905

Post#187 » by FlatearthZorro » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:15 pm

KHRICH wrote:
Boston34Bg wrote:

Threatened :lol: nice excuse the flu haha, stick to your line of work as clearly you are some sort of therapist

2 of our best players have missed about 50 games. All of our starting lineup has missed games this season. We still have better record than you and Thomas has led us to it. I will not argue with you. I'd say Thomas has had a better season than Lowry. Lowry has been good for a longer period of time.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
shukle
Sophomore

Post#188 » by shukle » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:16 pm

KHRICH wrote:
shukle wrote:
Sisqo wrote:

Kyrie has the best player on the planet playing next to him not hard for the pressure to be off him as he is Robin. Kyrie has never sniffed the playoffs without LeBron even when LeBron sits out games during the sEason he can't win without him I'd assume he'd learn to lead from seeing LeBron do it but nope.

So what? Every player in the NBA has help, that's the point of a team game. And did you just not see Kyrie burying the wizards in OT with LBJ on the bench? Kyrie is the kind of player that doesn't need pressure taken off him. He is one of the greatest isolation scorers in the NBA. Wall, IT and Lowry are great point guards, but acting like they're obviously better than Kyrie is being a homer.
Once again, Kyrie outplayed Curry in a 7 games series, the unanimous 2 times MVP. And don't tell me Curry doesn't have anyone to take pressure off him.
ChiCityHoops34
Sixth Man
And1: 1,796

Post#189 » by ChiCityHoops34 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:18 pm

BeatDaCavs420 wrote:In the playoffs this guy will be exposed not just because of his size but because he really don't have a second player around him that can put up the numbers he can

Teams will do what they did with the bulls and prime Rose. When they just put Lebron on Rose, we all seen what happened..Same thing will happen here...Don't see the Celtics making much noise in playoffs unless they make some big trade

Been saying this exact thing on the forum all year. Celtics fans blind defending of IT is similar to how defensive us Bulls fans would get about rose. Rose was 5 inches taller, better, and still couldn't get around Lebron. There isn't a thing IT will be able to do when it comes to that the same way Rose couldn't as a bigger, faster, stronger guard. Lebron hits create a player in 2 k level on defense in crunch time.
KHRICH
Lead Assistant

Post#190 » by KHRICH » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:35 pm

ChiCityHoops34 wrote:
BeatDaCavs420 wrote:In the playoffs this guy will be exposed not just because of his size but because he really don't have a second player around him that can put up the numbers he can

Been saying this exact thing on the forum all year. Celtics fans blind defending of IT is similar to how defensive us Bulls fans would get about rose. Rose was 5 inches taller, better, and still couldn't get around Lebron. There isn't a thing IT will be able to do when it comes to that the same way Rose couldn't as a bigger, faster, stronger guard. Lebron hits create a player in 2 k level on defense in crunch time.

I just don't see this stage lebron having as much energy to do that for a series but shumpert can annoy IT
ChiCityHoops34
Sixth Man
And1: 1,796

Post#191 » by ChiCityHoops34 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:41 pm

KHRICH wrote:
ChiCityHoops34 wrote:

I just don't see this stage lebron having as much energy to do that for a series but shumpert can annoy IT

If you don't think Lebron can stay in front of a 5 '8 non athletic dude the last 2 minutes of a playoff game you're crazy. Shump will guard him all game while Lebron sticks Crowder and coasts while tries to do whatever it is he tries to do, then switch onto IT. Not much offense on Boston outside of IT, I think the Wizards and maybe even the Raptors are a tougher match up for the Cavs.
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM

Post#192 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:49 pm

KHRICH wrote:
ChiCityHoops34 wrote:

You're in for a big surprise then my friend

I've learned time and time again NEVER to count out Lebron come playoff time.
shukle
Sophomore

Post#193 » by shukle » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:50 pm

KHRICH wrote:
ChiCityHoops34 wrote:

LBJ wont guard IT for 7 games, just the last 2-3 minutes of every game. I can"t wait until IT tries to blow by LBJ and gets stuffed at the rim over and over again.
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM

Post#194 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:53 pm

And not just the Cavs I feel like any team they face will use that strategy with putting their best defender on him and let the rest of the Celtics try an beat them

If the Bulls face them I hope we do that with Jimmy...Not all game but enough to not make IT a huge factor
Birth of the Cool
Analyst
And1: 1,450

Post#195 » by Birth of the Cool » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:05 pm

I'd take John Wall over any other PG in the East.

Kyrie Irving has amazing handles, great shot & some clutch genes but he you have to respect what Thomas has done with his roster which I don't believe Kyrie would replicate if they switched teams.

Of course I love Kyle Lowry but he has a tendency to be a chucker and if that 3pt shot isn't falling he can be negated a lot. He also has gotten very lazy on defense using his arms way more than his legs this year and he's always had the potential to be a thorn to his Coach due to his temperament which also make him so feisty on the court so it's a double edged sword.

I'd go
Wall
Walker
Thomas
Irving / Lowry
in the long run (length of a new contract for example) but for this year I'd still go Wall, then Thomas...etc
GreenBloodedC
RealGM
And1: 14,436

Post#196 » by GreenBloodedC » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:07 pm

Then the team will be exposed, not him.
London2Boston
General Manager
And1: 12,058

Post#197 » by London2Boston » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:15 pm

He's up there with Wall, probably just below. Celtics have a worse record with any other East PG imo. I would take playoff Kyrie over any though.
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM

Post#198 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:17 pm

GreenBloodedC wrote:

Then the team will be exposed, not him.

Well his weakness will be exposed which is his size
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM

Post#199 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:18 pm

Birth of the Cool wrote:I'd take John Wall over any other PG in the East.

Kyrie Irving has amazing handles, great shot & some clutch genes but he you have to respect what Thomas has done with his roster which I don't believe Kyrie would replicate if they switched teams.

Of course I love Kyle Lowry but he has a tendency to be a chucker and if that 3pt shot isn't falling he can be negated a lot. He also has gotten very lazy on defense using his arms way more than his legs this year and he's always had the potential to be a thorn to his Coach due to his temperament which also make him so feisty on the court so it's a double edged sword.

I'd go
Wall
Walker
Thomas
Irving / Lowry
in the long run (length of a new contract for example) but for this year I'd still go Wall, then Thomas...etc

You think Thomas is better than Irving?

Whaaaaat lol
NinjaBro
RealGM
And1: 42,000

Post#200 » by NinjaBro » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:24 pm

Boston34Bg wrote:

It's the other way around. When Raptor or non raptor fans tell you Lowry is better, it's just the STONE COLD truth and has been backed up by every advance stat that matters. You're the one that feels "threatened" because you can't handle it and have to make yourself feel better by dismissing everyone else, coming up with cockamania excuses like the "flu" :rolleyes: when someone presents you an argument.

Return to The General Board