Re: General 76ers Thread and Forum Orientation 

Post#41 » by Unbreakable99 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:58 pm

Read on Twitter
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#42 » by Ericb5 » Wed Feb 8, 2017 4:25 am

76ciology wrote:Haven't looked at the numbers but I notice luwawu doesn't get much deflections and seems to be limited on D due to his lack of good to elite length at wings. But he is solid in terms of knowing where to position on D&O and being a good shooter and slasher.

Just on the eye test though, I think he has a natural defensive instinct, with solid athleticism, and motor. I think he can be a plus defender in time, and if he can consistently hit the 3, he could be a very valuable role player on a good team.

I like him so much that I think that, even if Korkmaz busts(which I have no reason to think he will) that Bryan did a solid job with those mid twenties picks. If they both turn into players then it could even be a bigger win.

It's early or course. I think he has earned 20 mpg next year regardless of who we draft, and we will learn a lot more then. I'm assuming that people like Sergio, Stauskus, and Henderson will be gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Post#43 » by 76ciology » Wed Feb 8, 2017 5:10 am

Ericb5 wrote:
76ciology wrote:Haven't looked at the numbers but I notice luwawu doesn't get much deflections and seems to be limited on D due to his lack of good to elite length at wings. But he is solid in terms of knowing where to position on D&O and being a good shooter and slasher.

Just on the eye test though, I think he has a natural defensive instinct, with solid athleticism, and motor. I think he can be a plus defender in time, and if he can consistently hit the 3, he could be a very valuable role player on a good team.

I like him so much that I think that, even if Korkmaz busts(which I have no reason to think he will) that Bryan did a solid job with those mid twenties picks. If they both turn into players then it could even be a bigger win.

It's early or course. I think he has earned 20 mpg next year regardless of who we draft, and we will learn a lot more then. I'm assuming that people like Sergio, Stauskus, and Henderson will be gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He has a potential to be a good 3&D guard to defend PGs with Simmons. Yes, he could be a good role player for the team.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,525

Post#44 » by HartfordWhalers » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:22 am

Spoiler:
HartfordWhalers wrote:Sticky threads:
This thread -- Hopefully you don't need a link Discuss anything generally team related
Fantasy Trade thread Post your trade ideas here. Fans of all teams welcome!
College basketball and prospect watch thread Locked and moved on to:
College basketball and prospect watch thread Volume 2
Debate the merits of the next batch of prospects
Upcoming pick watch thread Follow along and debate where the Lakers and Kings will land, as well as how Philly will finish in the draft standings.
Around the league thread Anything related to the general NBA season

Resources:

Tom Moore Thread Beat coverage right here!

Player specific threads:
Joel Embiid
Ben Simmons
Jahlil Okafor
Dario Saric
Robert Covington
TJ McConnell
Nik Stauskas
Sergio Rodriquez
Timothé Luwawu-Cabarrot
Jerryd Bayless
Gerald Henderson
Richaun Holmes
Justin Anderson
Tiageo Splitter
Andrew Bogut

Nerlens Noel
Ersan Ilyasova
Hollis Thompson
Chasson Randle

Stashed:
Furkan Korkmaz

{Will add more as they become relevant}

Other specific threads:

Brett Brown
Fan Roll Call 2017
I survived the Process roll call and Marcus Letter
Hinkie in hindsight
Bryan Colangelo
Fire Bryan Colangelo Petition
Team lies thread

Updated. Included the fire BC petition and the team lies threads, as well as the player changes.
CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,924

Post#45 » by CoreyGallagher » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:54 pm

I find this thread very useful.
CoreyGallagher wrote:I hope the Cavs don't take Embiid because then we'll take Embiid.
Unbreakable99
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#46 » by Unbreakable99 » Thu Mar 2, 2017 5:52 pm

Read on Twitter
smittybanton
Sixth Man
And1: 398

Post#47 » by smittybanton » Tue Mar 7, 2017 6:11 pm

Since I'm nowhere near as enthused about our future as I used to be, I now have little escape from this political morass. Thanks, Bryan.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Post#48 » by 76ciology » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:52 pm

I know we have a lot of assets. Biid and Simmons are promising prospects. It's easy to get hyped. But realistically, we're just far from being a contender even when all things considered.

You can't completely rely on Biid's health while bigs nowadays are more of complimentary pieces to perimeter talent.

Simmons is still practicing his FT shooting. Maybe he'll end up being a good shooter. Personally, I see him as an elite glue guy/all around player than a guy who takes the game over.

I'm cautiously optimistic with prospects, specially pre-draft. And lottery has the certainty of a lottery.

Not that I'm complaining for I also like to drool with our assets. But personally, I do think the other assets needs to atleast match the promise of Biid or Simmons for us to get to where we want to be.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
kukenotas
Junior
And1: 71

Post#49 » by kukenotas » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:15 pm

Quick quiz who will be top 5 bottom teams by end of the season? 1st is the worst.
Mine guess:
1st brooklyn
2nd lakers
3rd suns
4th sixers
5th pelicans

Sent from my LG-H811 using RealGM mobile app
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,703

Post#50 » by the_process » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:55 pm

Didn't know where else to ask this question, and didn't want to start a thread. Noticed that a lot of guys on other boards were having their titles changed. And since there was the "I survived the process" thread and dorkestra had asked about changing our titles here... just figured I'd ask about about any updates as far as that goes.
Dan Verze
NBA TnT Forum: KOTB Champion
And1: 268

Post#51 » by Dan Verze » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:43 am

Am I the only one missing Mike D'Antoni on the 76ers. I think he is a great coach and it was awesome having him as an Assistant.
Unbreakable99
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#52 » by Unbreakable99 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:13 pm

Read on Twitter
smittybanton
Sixth Man

Post#53 » by smittybanton » Sat May 13, 2017 11:41 pm

When discussing the future of the league and the likelihood that a few teams will devise ways to stop five out systems rather than deploy them, Tom Penn hesitatedly speculated that the Sixers offense may be slightly different from the norm, with Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons.

Hesitantly, he pondered about point guards not posting up like back in the day, then mentioned Ben Simmons and the Sixers as a team who could go back to that, especially since Joel Embiid has three point range.

While I don't think Ben will post up guys the traditional way Magic did, because of the way they call offensive fouls nowadays. But I absolutely think Tom Penn gets it.

One of the ways Ben is going to defend other point guards is by getting them in foul trouble and off the floor. Hide your point guard on someone else, Ben the visionary floor general finds and exploits that mismatch with his passing.
Chris76
Sixth Man
And1: 318

Post#54 » by Chris76 » Sun May 14, 2017 3:27 pm

The five out systems are great on paper, but often in crunchtime some players are taking contested 3 pointers and missing. It's great when they make them, "hero ball" but when they miss it usually loses the game. In the past, jordan and kobe were great at getting a good look and foul in crunchtime. Hopefully, Ben simmons will have crunchtime playmaking skills. With embiid and shooters, he should get a lot of layups and dunks at end of games. Hopefully, our defense and offensive efficiency should lower the pressure to take too many 3's. A good balance would be great. I still remember cringing when iggy would have the ball with 3 seconds left and launch a 3. Although, with the warriors and being a 3rd option, he seems to be making them now.
Agnostifarian
Veteran
And1: 705

Post#56 » by Agnostifarian » Tue May 30, 2017 5:40 pm

“This may be one of the best jobs in basketball right now,” Colangelo said at a press conference introducing him as the new GM of the 76ers after Sam Hinkie resigned.
kriss73
Analyst
And1: 1,811

Post#57 » by kriss73 » Sat Jun 3, 2017 11:46 am

Blame on Hinkie because he renounced to sign free agents....LOL!

Read on Twitter
Adam Silver wrote:"Gross incompetence is acceptable; strategic gaming of a flawed system is not."
smittybanton
Sixth Man

Post#58 » by smittybanton » Sun Jun 4, 2017 1:48 pm

Joel Embiid: I’m feeling good. I’m supposed to see the doctor next week and they’re going to check everything just to make sure everything looks good. But I’ve been feeling good so I expect to be back on the court next week. – via Uproxx
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,419

Post#59 » by Eyeamok » Sun Jun 4, 2017 6:59 pm

smittybanton wrote:
Joel Embiid: I’m feeling good. I’m supposed to see the doctor next week and they’re going to check everything just to make sure everything looks good. But I’ve been feeling good so I expect to be back on the court next week. – via Uproxx

Was this from 2015 or 2016 ?
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
PLO
Analyst
And1: 1,305

Post#60 » by PLO » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:53 am

Alex Kennedy's Richaun Holmes interview is worth reading; the stuff on player development is fantastic from a fan's perspective: basically it looks like the players are given every chance to capitalize on their talent. link
LakersDynasty14 wrote:Lonzo Ball is literally on a Hall of Fame trajectory at this point. This thread is so full of fail.

shakes0 wrote:I hope they put Simmons on Trae. He'll foul him out by the 3rd quarter. plus Simmons can't stay in front of Trae. No one can.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers